What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This just in off the exchange, a few licks with stone and stick, and into the pocket it went. Thanks again, Colin!

VOdcRVU.jpg

9AfHBmk.jpg

Real nice triplets, my friend. You remind me of one reason I love my TL-29s. That heavy duty, high angle edge on the screwdriver blade is incredibly useful for the rough stuff.

Wonderful trio Rachel; your Catt pen is super cool!:cool::thumbsup:

NICE line-up Rachel, think you've got it all covered there :)
Thanks, guys! I've been sticking with that combo all week.
Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day, Mateys! Aaarrrgh.
8AFd1ue.jpg
MprRb6r.jpg

I'm betting on the beast. Solid pair there,Ron.
Thanks Stuart! The truth is between the heat, the humidity, the riding mower, the push mower, the gas trimmer and the gas blower I’m beat my friend! I’m glad I didn’t need either one of my knives because I don’t think I could have opened it! :eek: :D

This just in off the exchange, a few licks with stone and stick, and into the pocket it went. Thanks again, Colin!

VOdcRVU.jpg

9AfHBmk.jpg
That’s a beauty Jeff! I bet you don’t even know it’s in your pocket! :thumbsup: :D

Today, I'm also carrying a Lambsfoot big-un and a cute little teeny-tiny Cattaraugus penknife in mother of pearl.

2eKUrUy.jpg

That's a nicely varied trio, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I like the Casper the Friendly Ghost patina on the #29, and that little MOP is the Catt's meow!

Thanks Gary for making me realize I don’t have a Case peanut and that I need one!:D
You're welcome, Nick. :) Some claim that you can't stop with just one Case peanut. ;)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. What I lack monetarily has been more than adequately compensated in experiences.:) Wouldn’t trade one for the other. Wild about your Joker.
View attachment 1198306

View attachment 1198307
That sounds like a more than satisfactory life summary, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I'm totally onboard with your assessment of the Joker. :)
Splendid Joseph Rodgers shadow lambsfoot!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks. Jeff, I see the layers, too. It looks to be a laminated synthetic material that has been sanded down. The color is uniform on the edges with thin parallel lines that suggest lamination. I actually don't know. GT, Goins and Levine don't seem to be familiar with Myers, either. Yes, the tang stamp is a sunburst/rising sun. It really is a fun knife to tote.
- Stuart
Thanks for the additional info about your melon tester. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Wonderful shots of your fearsome foursome Gary; you have almost every outdoor activity covered with those beauties!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I appreciate your comments, JJ. :)

My totes for wooden Wednesday are two GECs; their recent and well done #29 in Osage and the ever ready #15 in ebony.:D
Appealing pair, JJ; I really like the way GEC's Osage Orange ages! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Smashing bunch Gary :) :thumbsup:
LFkR2m3.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
That swell-end EO spear/pen with bail is such a classic IMHO! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Northfield and a Remington

fMTqJHAh.jpg
Those two seem to share a lot of knife DNA, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'd be interested in reading a compare/contrast of those two sometime. ;)

I’ve been away for a bit, just general busyness. Missed you all :). These two for me today.

Welcome back, Tom! :) Good to see a fixed blade and scout on the rocks again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harvey, I'm always dumbstruck by the detail in your photos! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: They always show things that I've never seen with my (somewhat myopic) naked eyes!

Inflection point
15525339731_d971d04cd2_b.jpg

Molly's Game
IMHO, that Cattaraugus Barlow with the tiny script on the bolster is such an iconic knife, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (And I was talking to some statistics students on Tuesday about how inflection points and standard deviations are related for Normal distributions! :eek::p)

Your Case Chestnut peanut is a gem, Gary!
Thanks, Dean. :) I certainly am partial to the Case CV chestnut jigged bone series, but they're not as easy to find at dealers these days as they used to be.

I'll be off to the market early in the morning, but in honour of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I'll be carrying a Vendetta with my Lambsfoot :) Arrgghhh! :D :thumbsup:

FsatvUE.jpg

F6MSD1Z.jpg
That's a capital couple of knives, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Will you be carrying a Vendetta, or carrying OUT a Vendetta??)

It's Wednesday, so why wooden't I tote these two, old and newer: Cattaraugus boy's knife (C.C.C. Little Valley, N.Y. stamp, 1886-1963, 2 5/8") in ebony and a Case fishtail lockback (P1051 1/2 L SSP, 1986, 3 3/4") in Pakkawood.

aT108Kj.jpg

- Stuart
That swoopy, sweeping clip on the Case lockback is something else, Stuart!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks pal, I like its versatility, particularly combined with a Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
You've sold me, Jack; versatility is the name of the game. ;):thumbsup:

I did carry the Case, and my crkt art deco.
xPm8OdE.jpg
That's a pair one certainly doesn't see every day! Intriguing knives, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Older stag handled Klaas whittler and a rosewood handled Schatt from one of the heritage series.View attachment 1198737View attachment 1198738

Jake on the job!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm trying to catch up. Here are some posts that I think deserve another look, as I LIKE them. ...
- Stuart
A few more at which I needed a second glance. Fine knives and pictures....
- Stuart
I liked looking through the Rogue's Galleries you put together, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maher & Grosh "Texas Ranger" in DARK ebony arrived today:thumbsup:...
K8dYEg.jpg
Congrats, Paul; that spey blade is special! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Gary!!! The "H" is for sheepfoot and the "P" is for spey; Case used the second letter of a blade name as "secondary blade" identifier, sometimes.:)

Outstanding trio Gary; your BSA Imperial is in spectacular condition!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the tang stamp info, JJ. So the 6347 sometimes has a different blade combo than the clip/sheep/spey (which is the only blade trio I've seen on that pattern in my brief "knife life")?
Thanks for the Imperial BSA compliment. That's one of the few knives I have that I don't think I've ever used. Contrast it to this white Imperial BSA that r8shell r8shell gave me recently that I've been using in the kitchen quite often:
white.BSA.mark.Vflat.etch.jpg

- GT

Back