What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

yW8Ykun.jpg
Awesome little fixed blade, Jack! Who makes that gem?

Stunning photo!

Amazing pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Dan, are you Dr. Doolittle? :)

Or Francis of Assisi?

Your chickadees are friendlier than the ones around here! :cool::thumbsup:

TY :)
I am happy you enjoyed these little gifts from mother nature !
I hope to capture more, it's fun :)
My pets totally ignore me when I "talk to them" so am afraid I can't be Dr Doolitle ....
and Francis of Assisi is a Saint .... which most definitely I am NOT , lol :D

Glad you don’t have a problem with them. Hope you enjoy them to there fullest !
After all thats what really matters is what you and Frank think :rolleyes: Not forum members .

I was hoping we were done with this. We get quite a bit of feedback from folks that like the rules on this particular sub-forum and appreciate the tenor here. If we allow pocket clips, thumb studs, walker locks, etc we might as well close this sub-forum and everyone can post in General Knife Discussion.

There's a few threads here, Traditional and Modern Pairings being one, where folks can post a traditional knife with one that's not so traditional.

This sub-forum may not be for everyone. There's plenty of other places to participate in the passion we all have for knives.

Any further discussion should be directed to me via Conversation. You can copy Frank in
also.

I was hoping we were done with this. We get quite a bit of feedback from folks that like the rules on this particular sub-forum and appreciate the tenor here. If we allow pocket clips, thumb studs, walker locks, etc we might as well close this sub-forum and everyone can post in General Knife Discussion.

There's a few threads here, Traditional and Modern Pairings being one, where folks can post a traditional knife with one that's not so traditional.

This sub-forum may not be for everyone. There's plenty of other places to participate in the passion we all have for knives.

Any further discussion should be directed to me via Conversation. You can copy Frank in
also.
All conversions between us now or in the future have ended now . Unless you’d want to tell me about more rules send me a pm and it will be my pleasure to respond .

If it had a wharncliff secondary instead of a spey,then it wouldn't really be a trapper except for the name. I don't think the wharncliff would make a very good skinning blade.That's my thought anyhow.
edit: I was referring to post 149700

I agree, but that horse is well out of the barn. A Wharncliffe blade would make for difficult skinning, but I don't think functionality has much to do with knife nomenclature these days. Case is and has been selling mini trappers with Wharnciffe or cap lifter secondaries for some time. The frame of the knife seems to be more persuasive in the naming. I own both versions of the Case mini trapper, as well as several with the spey secondary, and I've learned to get along. I haven't learned to skin with the cap lifter - yet.
- Stuart

Lol,you never skinned with a cap lifter yet? I guess I am just used to using the trapper as a hunter. I've had a Case for longer then I can remember and used the spey for skinning and cleaning such things as fish, rabbits and birds. For me, no other blade does it better. I agree though, we can make them all work, just not as good. I just like the continuous belly that the spey has for finger tip, detailed work. I have a GEC Improved Trapper with the Wharncliff.There good to be had with that nice flat sharp edge that it offers too.

That would make it an improved trapper. Not sure who came up with that, and it’s only an improvement for some with that preference. The last 48 run actually had both traditional and improved trappers. Personally, I like having one of each, on the rare occasion I need to skin something, I can make do with the clip point.
But, if we all prefers the same thing, this thread would not be near about as fun seeing the same knife over and over again lol.

Glad you don’t have a problem with them. Hope you enjoy them to there fullest !
After all thats what really matters is what you and Frank think :rolleyes: Not forum members .

Considering that Peregrin responded to your post because another forum member complained, I think that is pretty rich.

We would not put up with a member using that tone with another member in Traditional. I do not see why we should put up with it when directed at us. Warning issued for insults.

Back