1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    For Sunday - mini copperhead in Navy blue bone (memories of warmer days).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Can you shed a little light on this guy, please? Super interested in the design.

Duckdog likes this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gev and Jack I’m riding in something that is far better than a Tesla! ;) I’m riding in a chauffeur driven Toyota Avalon! :thumbsup: You can buy the Avalon and have plenty of money for purchasing more knives! :eek::D

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey :)

Good stuff Ron, hope you enjoyed the ride my friend :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, Half/Stop and dc50 like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! Actually I’m still enjoying it! :rolleyes: It’s been a long day and the drive is more than 2 hours from being over! :D

dc50 and Gevonovich like this.
  7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oh, good for you my friend :) Wishing you a safe journey :) :thumbsup:

Half/Stop, dc50 and Gevonovich like this.
  8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    It's cool enough now to start wearing heavier trousers, which means larger pocket knives for me!

1 of 13 Cubans in Pond Bone
    [​IMG]

9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Hope the one that's on its way to me is as good looking as that one :D:cool: Can't match your composition style though...

Thanks, Will

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    TonySal and Gevonovich like this.
  10. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Been carrying my recover all weekend. I kinda love it! The fact that the micarta came from a find of mine holds a lot of value for me. It's good stuff!
    20191013_173838.jpg

11. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Fantastic all around and that photo...wow !

Eversharp! and dc50 like this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    MVIMG_20191013_151539.jpg

Pt-Luso, JustinR, RDaneel and 27 others like this.
  13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, my friend. :thumbsup::D

Gevonovich likes this.
  14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Late posting but it's my 2012 Natural Stag Wrangler:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Whew! Marathon 3.5 hour catch up session on this thread. You guys never sleep :D

L'il Lambsfoot has become a regular in the pocket. Most days, it's the only knife on me! Don't tell anyone... I don't want to lose my knife-nut card ;)

[​IMG]

16. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Your comment about 3.5 hours to catch up made me curious.I looked back one week from the first post on the 6th,last Sunday, to your post was 455 posts:eek:
    @Jack Black should be proud,he has converted many of us to the goodness of lambsfootedness:D:thumbsup:

17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Very well said, David: "the goodness of lambfootedness." A great knife pattern indeed.

18. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Yesterday we returned from a short trip to Pigeon Forge and Nashville , Tennessee with some friends . While there we also had a visit and a dinner with @Half/Stop and his wife Pam . I also went to the nearby knife dealer and bought these 2 which I am carrying today .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Case is redder on the Mark side than the Pile side . It also has a Grooved Bolster on only one side , which does not make me very happy . The Beauty Mark on the Mark Side is fine with me . Other than those things , it is okay .
    I needed a Canoe pattern for my meager collection . I would have much rather been able to buy a Case that I liked or , better yet , a GEC but I really liked the Bone Stag covers . It is an okay knife except for the Pen Blade rubbing the Main Blade during opening . For the price , it is okay .
    We had 5 & 1/2 inches of rain in our rain gauges when we got back which is better than the snow that our friend from North Dakota @paulhilborn received .

Harry

19. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Both very nice Harry, I like the Case Barlow, I have the same knife but in the Halloween trim, mine has that little beauty mark as well;) I made the same observation with one bolster being threaded and the other side not, it is odd but I just chalked it up to being unique:confused::D That Rough Rider is quite nice as well, amazing bone stag covers:thumbsup:

Sounds like a nice day with great friends:thumbsup::)

20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Paul !!! I hope that you realize that if we had taken are somewhat normal trip out West this year , we would have been in your big snow . We like to be on a trip for our Anniversary which is October 2 . This was number 59.

Harry

TonySal, Cutfinger, akaMatt and 5 others like this.