What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

WIVXSlb.jpg

Lovely old Jonathan Crookes Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Jack, the Wright looks like a freshly poured Black & Tan, indeed.

Thanks Stuart :D :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!!! Very classic combo for you today; love those old postcards you added too!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Todays totes are a couple of scout cousins; a Remington BSA from the 1930's and a Pal from the 1940's.:)

Many thanks JJ, that's a fine old pair of Scouts :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has had a good weekend :) Alfred Blackwell Lambsfoot and a Camillus BSA Whittler for me today :) :thumbsup:

lTdNrIE.jpg

vYxTw1A.jpg

The Ulster caught my eye, Steve. I understand that, like Camillus, Ulster was once a part of A. Kastor & Brothers and, as such, made knives for the big hardware chains. Your Ulster looks very much like a cousin, if not twin brother, of the Belknap Barlow that I toted and posted yesterday (other than yours has brass pins and a clip main with long pull v. my spear with short nail nick and steel + brass pins). Or maybe I'm just seeing things.

cOGScIk.jpg

- Stuart

No, I think you are on to something, when I saw yours this Ulster immediately came to mind and it's why I thought to carry it today. :thumbsup:

Eg84oDrh.jpg

Stuart and Steve, no doubt to me that both of your Barlows are wearing Ulster Meerschaum bone sawcut handles. Here is mine to add to the group. OH

Ulster-Knife-USA-11-G-Barlow.jpg

Morning folks, hope everyone has had a good weekend :) Alfred Blackwell Lambsfoot and a Camillus BSA Whittler for me today :) :thumbsup:

lTdNrIE.jpg

vYxTw1A.jpg
Great duo, Jack.
A well used schrade walden 881. The sheepsfoot has become a wharncliffe.

View attachment 1234566
View attachment 1234567
A real pocket knife right there.

Off to see a doc, but stopped to pose my knives on one of my end-of-the-driveway rock walls. Didn’t notice the lady from up the road walking her dog until she asked if I was inspecting my rocks...Uh yeah. That’s it-looking at my rocks. What’s wrong, lady? Don’t you take pictures of your pocket knives?:rolleyes::D
DDDCE5F4-77CA-4ADC-AF5C-541107CA4A43.jpeg 2F5DE096-D10D-477B-A229-AB6068F5401B.jpeg

Great duo, Jack.

A real pocket knife right there.

Off to see a doc, but stopped to pose my knives on one of my end-of-the-driveway rock walls. Didn’t notice the lady from up the road walking her dog until she asked if I was inspecting my rocks...Uh yeah. That’s it-looking at my rocks. What’s wrong, lady? Don’t you take pictures of your pocket knives?:rolleyes::D
View attachment 1234573 View attachment 1234574

Thanks a lot Jeff, I think most of us can relate to that story! :D Good luck at the docs :) :thumbsup:

Love that knife, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I gave mine to my son many years ago. :(:)

Thanks Dean, I got it in 1982, and carried it for the best part of 10 years :) Still take it hiking sometimes. Great knife to give to your son :) :thumbsup:

Back