1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Bigburly912

Bigburly912

Nov 14, 2018
    Today I’m wearing a Tree Brand 4021 on my hip gifted to me by my father a couple days ago on my birthday. I’ve always been in love with this knife, it’s an honor to call it my own.
    [​IMG]

2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'm going with the Blackwood Barlow today...
    [​IMG]

3. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you!
    ALL of my knives are users. And unless I’m planning on modding one, they get sharpened before going in my pocket.

But that’s just me. The great thing about this thread is getting to see the old and new, and the users and the pristine collectables. Admiring them is cheaper than chasing them.:D

And speaking of new ones, you guys with your brand new jacks from Gunstock Jack gotta be happy!:thumbsup: They look great.

4. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Made a couple night getaway with the wife. Carried the one I carried when I married her. Sorry so dim. We haven’t turned on lights yet. Enjoying kids not waking us up at 530 am.
    D71CD6E0-EE69-4CE2-A311-A4072710BD14.jpeg

5. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    72A3D118-4D8C-44C2-8A6E-1CB89C30E365.jpeg Stuck with the 54 and 6308 again, so here’s a shot of the two that are always on me, no matter what’s in my right front pocket.
    B385951B-A72F-424B-9B4C-14CE8E0606A8.jpeg

6. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Just a small (for me) micarta by T.A. Davison. It was one of his first 15 or 20 knives. IMG_1706-1024x889.JPG

7. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    20191126_082528.jpg

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's unusual Alan, and a piece of history :) :thumbsup:

9. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    Great knife, and the Dad connection tops it off.

Bigburly912 likes this.
  10. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Long pull sawcut soup on a cold day is very tasty! Stay sharp and warm!

[​IMG]

11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Live the color on it John. Happy Thanksgiving!

12. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
  13. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Been carry in the 2013 Half Congress the last couple of days, what a great pattern. The long pulls, Rat Tail bolsters, Sheepsfoot main blade and micarta scales, make this a great pocket companion for everyday carry.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Laurelbb, JustinR and 23 others like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    That Navy knife is notoriously nice, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Your Camillus, PAL, and Remington look like they could have come from a matched set! :):thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the commendable custom, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Will it be ready by Christmas? Huge handful of outdoor knife!

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: You're nothing but skin and bones! ;)

That toothpick is top banana! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Looks like Linus is developing a personal relationship with each of your other lambs foots, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Quality quintet, FBC; each one individually is a winner, and together they make a tasty lambs-between-stockmans sandwich! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good dog! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: (And superb knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:)

Praiseworthy pair, JJ!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That toothpick is about my age, but is much more polished than I am. :rolleyes: Your 4-blade sowbellies are intriguing!

I hope you enjoy your Imperial stockman, Jack. :thumbsup::cool::cool: I have a sowbelly, a big and a small canoe, and a sodbuster pattern from Taylor-Imperial, and they were all so inexpensive that I keep waiting for them to disintegrate. :rolleyes: But nothing of the sort so far.
    The AC is such an attractive knife that I hope your girlfriend doesn't feel "threatened" by its presence. ;):D

Simply stunning with that single spear and the sable/silver sides! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Handsome handles, both bone and wood! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lots of lovely leafy lobes, Gev!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harvey, the jigged bone WCLF has become a grail knife for me since they first appeared, and now you've convince me that I have a new "grail donut" too! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I used to hold in high esteem a cake donut, chocolate with chocolate frosting, but to now learn that they can come with mini chocolate chips takes my longing to a new level!! :rolleyes:

Admirable mini trapper, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Best wishes for a successful procedure and a fast rehab, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I had that done to my left knee over 8 years ago on the Friday before Labor Day, and I was teaching classes, pain- and crutch-free, on Tuesday. (Took about 8 weeks to get back to playing basketball, though.)

Congrats, Frank! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: To me, that's a quintessential stockman: great size, round bolsters, low-riding sheepsfoot, slender clip, nearly-sunk joints (and staglon is just icing on the cake).

Ooo-La-La, Vince; quite a savoir pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

- GT

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the informative nature lore, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are you any relation to Marlin Perkins? As I read your post, I suddenly thought of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. ;):cool:

Stunning duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John. :)
    How are you liking the one lambsfoot per week approach?

Personally, I don't think I'd need much arm-twisting to carry that amber stag! ;)

Thanks, Harvey. :) I had to try to recreate braiding skills I learned 60 years ago in the Calvinist Cadet Corps (a church-affiliated boy scout type organization).

I'd have never spotted the nut-cracker on that knife if you hadn't alerted me, Jack; very cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I wonder if I know the hazelnuts as filberts (apparently a common name in Europe) because I basically grew up in a Dutch immigrant community as a second generation American?
    Thanks for the positive reviews of the knives I posted. :)

:D:thumbsup::D

Lovely Laguiole, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, sunknife & John. :) The 72 is a great knife, but I'd probably like a 73 even better because I prefer slip joints over lockbacks.
    That Klaas is a classy knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Case EO copperhead is irresistible, Steve!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) The Joker I posted is 4" closed (many of the other Jokers I have are 3 1/8 or 3 1/4). I think that mini copperlock is the walnut Rogers jigged bone that Case released few years ago; IIRC, you have at least a medium stockman from that series, don't you?
    Perfect Pioneer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Stuart. :) My Barlows are relegated to my "Miscellaneous Knife" category, along with many other patterns, so the few Barlows I have don't show up very frequently. The Blue Grass Barlow is a mystery knife to me, because I'm not exactly sure how I got it. It lived in my window repair bucket for a couple of decades, at least, and I suspect it might have come to me with my wife's "stuff" when we got married (and so it probably once belonged to my father-in-law who lives in Indianapolis, which isn't too far from Belknap Hdw in Louisville).

Thanks for the info, Jeff. :)

Nice whittler, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Did you play any songs based on Psalm 61? One of my favorites at church is a simple little song whose lyrics are essentially the first 3? verses of that Psalm (I think from New KJV).

I really like my RR Ram's horn canoe, José, but you should be aware that it's actually ram's horn BONE, bone dyed and jigged to look like ram's horn. Marbles makes a canoe with real ram's horn covers that I like a little more than the RR version.

- GT

16. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    A sunny day in Syracuse! We rejoice!
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, WHT, peanutsxx and 30 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)

I'm liking it a lot.
    But, I may take the Hartshead out of rotation. It's not really my favorite and I'd like to preserve it.

cigarrodog likes this.
  18. strokednbored

strokednbored Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Gimmie a T for Texas... and a TC for Tuesday

[​IMG]

19. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Gary, I must have bought at least a dozen of those Taylor-Imperial Sodbusters, and given them away. I think they punch well above their weight :) :thumbsup:

I hope I never have to choose between them! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) I don't know Gary, it's very interesting :) :thumbsup:

Plenty to rejoice about there Gary :) :thumbsup:

20. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Nobody does D2 like Dozier Gary, I love his grinds and his HT. I carried an Arkansas Toothpick for a work knife for a buncha years while workin’ at the county courthouse. I’ll have to dig it up and see if I still think it’s still as useful.

scrteened porch likes this.