What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Admirable mini trapper, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary!

Thanks, Dean. :) The Joker I posted is 4" closed (many of the other Jokers I have are 3 1/8 or 3 1/4). I think that mini copperlock is the walnut Rogers jigged bone that Case released few years ago; IIRC, you have at least a medium stockman from that series, don't you?
Perfect Pioneer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you for the info on your Joker, Gary. Yes, my medium stockman 63090 is from the same series (they did a great job on those!).

Thank your for the comment on the 'Pioneer,' but it is an '03 Soldier. Not as old as yours.

Nobody does D2 like Dozier Gary, I love his grinds and his HT. I carried an Arkansas Toothpick for a work knife for a buncha years while workin’ at the county courthouse. I’ll have to dig it up and see if I still think it’s still as useful.

I totally agree with you, Ted. No one does a D2 blade like Bob.
Now you got me thinking I should hang this one on my belt today!
E6Puoqx.jpg

Gary, I can't stop looking at those deeeep grinds . . . what a knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

- yet another mighty classy piece o' kit Peregrin Peregrin

That NYS shape has to be one of the most standout small sharps icons..........ever..........ever, ever :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, guys! The kydex sheath it came with just didn't seem right for it. I luckily found a nice aftermarket sheath that sets it off nicely.
One of my favorite knives, for sure!

Congrats on the commendable custom, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Will it be ready by Christmas? Huge handful of outdoor knife!
- GT

Thanks GT! I hope so, I am only waiting on the sheath now. If it works out as well as I think it will, I may have Evan create an EDC version of it. He is great to work with, and luckily for me located in my home state.

These two for me today.

Last edited:
View attachment 1239439 View attachment 1239438 View attachment 1239437

Because I already had this Gun Scout in Bloodwood, I opted for the Oily Creek 86. I just had to get the wrench shield. I understand why some do not like the wrench, but, to me, it perfectly fits Bill Howard's vision for the Oil Field Jack. It also honors skilled people who use tools for a living. Totin’ both today.

Back