What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

No Reservations

49220799967_4834eee110_b.jpg

Last edited:
Fab-looking BSA knives there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope you are all enjoying better weather than we are here at the moment, and that you have a great weekend. Thought I'd pair my 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot and an old Joseph Haywood :) :thumbsup:
Nedeipd.jpg

s0zxZyy.jpg
Thank you kindly good Sir!!!
Super pair of Sheffield slicers for you Jack; your old Joseph Haywood has an amazing swage and very cool kick!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
@Duckdog & JJ Cahill JJ Cahill ~ thanks for liking my Camilli! I *could* do with only those two for the rest of my life.

I won’t, but I could:cool::D

JJ, I’m going to go ahead and take credit for your decision to carry two Camillus today!

Down to just one Cam today~ the TL-29 I re-covered in cow bone dog chew, and a little Klein coping knife I re-did in elk antler dog chew for Stagurday.
e8706d75-b55e-4a60-82ed-90fbca62c2cc-jpeg.1248928
Those two would definitely serve you well:thumbsup::thumbsup: You reminded me that you do indeed deserve credit for my Cammy picks!;) Your cutters today are made all the more excellent with your custom coverings; great work as always! Btw, you should copyright your "cow bone dog chew" jigging pattern; very cool descriptor!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Schrade Cut Co, Walden, NY Barlow.

img_5687-jpg.1249054
That is certainly a wonderful old Schrade Barlow Dean; really fond of those "pic bone" covers!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
The geometry of being
49218921972_246879d777_b.jpg
Lovely image of you wonderful old dogleg Gev; you certainly captured that unparalleled vintage blade geometry to a "T"!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Great set of tools on those beauties.
Starts like this...
c168c2d3-f705-4bd6-9d1f-206af3fec0e2-jpeg.1249350

Ends like that...
035FC1F3-11C6-4DE8-8838-A27F94D6F3CE_zps83pbhdgs.jpeg
Thank you very much Harvey!!! Wow, what a delicious mess of goodness you have created with you lovely HHB; my sweet tooth is in overdrive!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Can't seem to free up time this week to comment on all the fine carries posted here (and in other threads) lately, so I guess I'll at least post photos of more of the knives I've had with me this week.
Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case half-congress (thanks for the GAW, @leghog):
halfcongress-mark-open-jpg.1249277

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider full-size trapper in amber jigged bone:
trapper-open-jpg.1249278

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is is an Imperial Diamond Edge Barlow (thanks, for the GAW, Kevin):
de-mark-2open-coin-jpg.1249280

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider Baby Copperhead:
babycopperhead-mark-2open-jpg.1249282
Another fantastic foursome today Gary; I think your Imperial Barlow with "Ike" has pushed me to my next tote selection!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack,

Your Joseph Haywood...I take it. Paypal?

Dan.

Seconds if this falls through.:D

Cool knife, Jack. That kick is HUGE. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks guys! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic :) :thumbsup:

I’m totin’ a favorite today! :)

42321750204_a7f60a5bc0_o_d.jpg

:thumbsup:

Nice-looking Congress Gary :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.:) Your Joseph Haywood is a distinguished looking Chap.:thumbsup:

Starts like this...
View attachment 1249350

Ends like that...
035FC1F3-11C6-4DE8-8838-A27F94D6F3CE_zps83pbhdgs.jpeg

Thanks Harvey, one of my favourites :) Great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly good Sir!!!
Super pair of Sheffield slicers for you Jack; your old Joseph Haywood has an amazing swage and very cool kick!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Sunday totes are both BSA knives by Imperial; an official "Cub" and an official "Scout", both the first from Imperial following WWII. :)

Thanks a lot JJ, fine-looking pair of Imperials there :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :) Carrying these two again today :thumbsup:

7QoYLbt.jpg

hyIbIq2.jpg

Last year's Forum Knife has really pleased me in all ways, carry it a lot. The 154 remains keen and is a superb slicer, plus it's all steel construction so rain or shine you have no corrosion-sorry, patina or brass bleed :D Great field knife for food prep too. A tremendous effort and total bargain for the money.:thumbsup:

6yRuPPw.jpg

2001D6AC-CC51-41D7-969D-BA4AEB660C98.jpeg

Just got this Katz stockman in a couple days ago. Bought the hardwood model to go with a jigged bone version I’d already purchased. A fellow forum member recommended these as being well made, which they are. Come in quite sharp as well. Nice knives.

One thing I think they need is a shield. I like a shield on a traditional. If I had skills in this area, I’d put one on myself, but I’m pretty sure I’d end up really messing it up. Lol.

Back