What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Nice! That one is going right on my someday list.

2. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    DFDBAACA-3356-4688-BB3D-9FA0081AB221.jpeg

3. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Excellent combination of a classic gun and a couple of classic knives:thumbsup:

Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  4. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks a lot Gary!!! For these challenging subjects I've found indirect window light to be my friend :)
    Thank you kindly Jer!!! Your white covered BSA Cub is a real beauty, they were only made by Camillus for a couple years; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Wonderful foursome Gary; your 4 bladed Fight'n Rooster is the bomb!!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you kindly Harvey!!!
    What an awesome pair your classics from France and England make; love the old school spear on your Laguiole, marvelous!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    Did some hiking this afternoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    And a very fine (actually Mint FDC) 'Teatrays and Pokers' Florin, last year they were Sterling Silver too:cool::thumbsup:

7. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    The Big CASE is an ESSENTIAL in any collection. Yes it's massive, but it's OK for coat-pocket carry and Amber Bone /CV is an iconic finish:cool: The other CASE is interesting too, maybe a bird&beast Scrim for that? Field rather than nautical:) Elk/Moose, Wild Boar head, Eagle, Pheasant or OWL;)

jc57 likes this.
  8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Glad you like it, fixed up nicely too:cool: Good luck & good health to you Bill:thumbsup:

Regards, Will

10. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    Thank you Will!

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    you are welcome :)

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very attractive pair Dylan :)

Great beer n Barlow pic Dave :thumbsup:

Fine-looking pair David :) :thumbsup:

Looking spiffy Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you're on the mend Jeff ;) Hope so :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    a pair of Aces, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  14. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 19, 2018
    15788276539081387138372.jpg
    Decided to slip the opinel 6 in the pocket today

15. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    My favourite pocket knife.<-period
    It has been replaced by my favourite pocket tool though: Victorinox Sportsman.

Prester John and Wild Willie like this.
  16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you John, hope you and your Mom are back home soon my friend :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and JohnDF like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, yes they look good in the hand.:):thumbsup:

r8shell likes this.
  18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I appreciate your replies, Jack. :)
    Charismatic couple of Barlows for you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: A two-Barlow day is a rarity for you, isn't it?

Your osage orange sodbuster is a grand knife!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool fish on your keyring, John, but I'll bet Sköll could eat it whole! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's really cold, Mike, but the Tribal Lock ought to keep your heart pumping! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    (Strange mathematical coincidence: your thermostat showed 22C indoors, -22C outdoors, and your mention of -30C forecast is equivalent to -22F. 2's are wild! :rolleyes:)

Impressive line-up, Shawn! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Really like the bone/color/jigging on the second one from top; must be one of the customs.

That black Beer Scout of yours sure is a beauty, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Terrific pair, Gev; I always enjoy seeing that yellow Kissing Crane! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A pre-owned USA 33OT is one of my most recent acquisitions (less than a month ago), and I'll concur with Jeff's opinion! :cool::cool:;)
    33OT.mark.2open.jpg

Thanks, Jack & John. :)

I hope whatever landed you there isn't too serious, and you get your pockets back ASAP! :):thumbsup:

Attractive Ancient and vista, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Dylan, that sowbelly is a pocketful of sunshine! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sweet tortoise shell stockman, OH! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that from the same fishing trip that produced the photo of you and your catch that you posted in the "Mug Shots" thread?

Very distinguished duo, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: IMHO, that 78 is sublime!

- GT

Aryan29, TFBraden, HST and 22 others like this.
  19. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with two good Barlow Lambsfoot.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Congrats on that big Böker beauty, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A new hip AND a new puppy seems like a combo that will guarantee that you get your rehab exercise in, Lance!! :eek::D:thumbsup::cool:

Superb clip/sheep jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Meritorious spey jack, Gev, and I enjoyed the link! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I didn't realize that True Value was an HSB brand.

Congrats on the impressive mini trapper, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Vince & Jack. :) (Salamandra #10012 is still available in Europe, if you want to "join the club".)

That cattle knife should melt the snow in short order, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

It's always good to see you posting here, John! :) I don't know if you noticed in my characteristically overlong post, but I'll soon be adding that very same Case stockman to my chestnut jigged bone CV collection. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the chestnut jigged CV sowbelly has been discontinued, and I haven't seen them in stock recently either. :(

What an exquisite trio, José! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

I always enjoy your black/orange pairs, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for mentioning my Case chestnut knives, Rachel. :)
    Couple of capital Cases you selected from The Box!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Do you think you could use that jumbo stockman to whittle one of your "braided" pencils?? ;)

Illustrious stag HHB SFO, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Which do you like better, the IPA or the Old Speckled Hen you often post?

Wonderful WLST! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Haven't seen nearly as many of the GEC #25s recently as we used to see posted here.

Thanks, Dean. :)

I'm grateful for the lighting tip and for the kind words about my knives, JJ. :)

- GT