What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Laguiole Le Pocket+SAK,
HNUXMo2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for joining me Rachel :)
Thanks for the idea, Jack. There was a different whittler I thought about carrying, but decided it should wait for "Old Friends Friday" A subtle difference, I know. :)
Lovely Catt !!!

Crimson and Clover

26293702221_9c0e7710a1_b.jpg

I don't hardly know her
Ah, if she'd come walkin over
I think I could love her
Oh...over and over
Thanks you, Gev, and I'll join in the chorus to say that's a lovely picture and knife.

Nice pair Jeff !
Thank you, Steve!
The old PAL, being in such nice shape, is riding in a leather slip. I’d sure had to damage it while I have the honor of having it.

Totally forgot that yesterday I’ve been totin the 78 2 years now! :)Now It’s had a few ride alongs as of late. I’ve also cheated 4 or 5 times:oops: but all in all this has done 99% of my cutting chores in the last 2 years.
4Ct0lub.jpg

1/20/18
GDLxOll.jpg

1/19/20
PirNXCr.jpg

8/22/18
tSlqRLa.jpg

1/19/20

Thanks for sharing those pics. I greatly admire a guy who picks a good knife and carries it daily.

Totally forgot that yesterday I’ve been totin the 78 2 years now! :)Now It’s had a few ride alongs as of late. I’ve also cheated 4 or 5 times:oops: but all in all this has done 99% of my cutting chores in the last 2 years.
4Ct0lub.jpg

1/20/18
GDLxOll.jpg

1/19/20
PirNXCr.jpg

8/22/18
tSlqRLa.jpg

1/19/20
Those 78s are nice. Not too often do I see a sequence of photos of a knife that has been routinely used for a couple of years. Nicely done.

Pretty awesome display of the progression of your knife...

Thanks for sharing those pics. I greatly admire a guy who picks a good knife and carries it daily.

Those 78s are nice. Not too often do I see a sequence of photos of a knife that has been routinely used for a couple of years. Nicely done.
Thanks everyone! I was pretty shocked by the color change and how much the jigging has pocketworn. Always taking photos for here sure made it easy;)

Last edited:
I hope it wasn't too arduous JJ ;) Thank you my friend, those two beauties look nice together :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, it's my Random Tuesday again today, so I'm carrying this J.H Thompson Sportsman's Knife, in addition to my loyal Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

NnYuzav.jpg

2P7DVFi.jpg
Thank you kindly, Jack!!! Nothing too strenuous :) Another super cool companion for you HHB; love those old scout patterns!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Exquisite, JJ!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Gary!!!
Alox of the Week for me is a silver Cadet (thanks, Ken):
cadet-silver-mark-closed-jpg.1269415

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Tinker:
tinker-open-jpg.1269416

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Camillus linesman knife:
tl29-mark-2open-stand-dock-jpg.1269417

International Knife of the Week is a Cognet L'écureuil:
lecureuil-mark-open2-jpg.1269418
Quite a marvelous foursome; your French jack is certainly a photogenic piece!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back