What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hoping for light duties today. Case 07 and Queen #31.

qsQOYt8.jpg

- Stuart

Beautiful! That .gov Utility Jack is one of my favorite patterns.
I have a Cami, and a Pal. No Imperial (yet)... did anyone else make them for the military?

Thanks Jeff. It certainly is a nice pattern and this one I picked up a few years ago functions beautifully. I've seen pics of the Pal & Imperials but not sure about any other makers.

I think the scrimshaw Schrades are just ducky.
- Stuart

I agree Stuart, ducky indeed.;):)

Something about this photo immediately made me think of grouse hunting. Boots, blue jeans, and orange took me to walking an old skid trail flushing some birds. Anyways, great photo and beautiful knife.
Your comment brought a memory to mind, that of my Dad going grouse hunting. We mostly only small game hunted growing up, squirrels and rabbits. But grouse that was Dads thing,come a morning with a bit of fresh snow and he would get ready. His brown canvas bird vest with orange across the shoulders, shells in the loops,a checked flannel shirt, jeans and his boots. He would reach into the gun cabinet and take out that sleek Fox side by side 12, stuff his vest with a couple ham or steak biscuits and step through the door into the cold. Only to step back inside to grab the old prince Albert can he used to drink from mountain springs,give us a sheepish grin for having forgot it again, then be off for the day. I've shot many squirrels with him,we've kicked out many rabbits for one another, but I've only been with him once for grouse. Like I said its his thing, it's his time to reconnect with himself.
Klmcjva.jpg

Not my Dad's knife,but very representative of the knives I've seen him clean many squirrels,rabbits, and grouse.

Back