What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I retract my post from earlier now that the mail came. My BF knife needed some company

kASGwTc.jpg

Wow! Please tell me more about the damascus jack,I see Lone Star on the tang but my google-fu is weak on this one as I don't see any that look like that. Nice blade:cool::thumbsup:

It's an amazing knife! Lone star knives commissions these from GEC. The covers are teak wood decking off the USS Texas. The blade is Chad Nichols Damascus. It also has a bar shield on each side. This thing has blown me away with the fit, finish, walk and talk. Only 44 of the teak woods made.

Picture of the pile side
LulPnso.jpg

It's an amazing knife! Lone star knives commissions these from GEC. The covers are teak wood decking off the USS Texas. The blade is Chad Nichols Damascus. It also has a bar shield on each side. This thing has blown me away with the fit, finish, walk and talk. Only 44 of the teak woods made.

Picture of the pile side
LulPnso.jpg
It is a beautiful knife, interesting that it has doubled shields. Very cool to have the history connection to the USS Texas,very special indeed. Thanks for sharing it:thumbsup:

Your comment brought a memory to mind, that of my Dad going grouse hunting. We mostly only small game hunted growing up, squirrels and rabbits. But grouse that was Dads thing,come a morning with a bit of fresh snow and he would get ready. His brown canvas bird vest with orange across the shoulders, shells in the loops,a checked flannel shirt, jeans and his boots. He would reach into the gun cabinet and take out that sleek Fox side by side 12, stuff his vest with a couple ham or steak biscuits and step through the door into the cold. Only to step back inside to grab the old prince Albert can he used to drink from mountain springs,give us a sheepish grin for having forgot it again, then be off for the day. I've shot many squirrels with him,we've kicked out many rabbits for one another, but I've only been with him once for grouse. Like I said its his thing, it's his time to reconnect with himself.
Klmcjva.jpg

Not my Dad's knife,but very representative of the knives I've seen him clean many squirrels,rabbits, and grouse.

David, that's a lovely loving post and, dang it, you made me cry. Thanks, I needed that.
- Stuart

I think we might have synchronised alarm clocks JJ! :D Thank you very much sir, nice choices to start the week :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, just this one for me today :thumbsup:

TZ9BHuX.jpg
Thank you kindly Jack!!! I think we are synced at opposite ends of the sleep cycle.o_O:thumbsup:
Another greatly creative shot of your HHB; cool WWII era poster image for the background!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks JJ, much appreciated! Fantastic photo of those two beauties :thumbsup:

I promise to stop spamming the forums with pictures of this knife soon. Ish :).

Thank you kindly Tom!!! I'd be smitten with a fabulous old Remington like your, as well!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great photo of you wonderful oilfield jack, Joel!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
hank you JJ. Those two are exquisite. Lovely color.
Thank you very much Harvey!!!
Robeson Cutlery Rochester(1917-1939) Ebony EO Boys’ Jack. Maiden Voyage.
c328552d-d135-4d25-92da-ec2a2b187d36-jpeg.1273576

74847f86-6506-4b12-bc97-cacbbae21935-jpeg.1273583

768327af-a90d-4fda-bd31-b600aba02a47-jpeg.1273584
Magnificent image of your new/old Robeson EO jack; you really captured the character of that beauty!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back