What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That compliment means a lot Alan, thank you :) :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Dylan, I like that fixed-blade :cool: :thumbsup:

Such interesting choices Gary :cool: I didn't know you had one of those little Moras :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice story my friend :) :thumbsup:

Now THAT'S a grail! :eek: :D There must be a lot of unmarked Ablett Lambsfoot knives about, he made thousands, and only started putting his name on knives in his latter years :thumbsup:

Thank you JJ :D :thumbsup:

Two very different Barlows for me today, my Hartshead, and an Old Friend in the form of one of @gunstockjack 's Watchpocket Barlows :) Hope your week rounds off nicely folks :) :thumbsup:

LyCSxgn.jpg

bza7CdM.jpg

Thank you Jack. Could you share more about that wonderful looking knife keeping your hhb company today?

It's in solitary confinement. ;)
I'm sure many have cursed my name. ;)
Holy Heck, John, you're handling your challenges well!

Great triple tote today; your Swiss soldier is the perfect lead in your trio!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Everything you need and nothing you don't. :cool::thumbsup:
A nice trio, Gary; and the 1986 Soldier is a treasure. The steel of the tools looks different on yours than it does on a Soldier dated just a few years later.
Holey Cheese, JJ & John & Dean! Thanks for the kind words about my Swiss knife.

Today a couple of wood wearing Robeson electricians from the 1920s-30s; a civilian in walnut and a serviceman in cocobolo. :)
Holy Wichita Lineman, what a pair of timber-clad linesman knives, JJ!

Thought I'd add some wood to my regular carry for Wooden Wednesday ;) Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:
Holy Matrimony, what a perfect pairing your HHBs are, Jack!

Because today is Wednesday, I carry these two.;):thumbsup:
Holy Spit, what a grand pair of wood lambsfoot Barlows, José!

Thanks Jack! It's a piece of steel left over from another project. I really use a small pocket bar way more than I thought I would... unfortunately I can't seem to keep them around.
Holy Hand Tools, Willie, what are some of the things you use your little bar for? I've never carried one, but maybe I don't realize what I'm missing!

These two for me today. I’ve got a Tidioute #53 Furtaker Trapper in Jigged Wenge Wood and a Wright’s Large Lambsfoot in Rosewood. :) :thumbsup:
Holy Ground! You've got some fine edges there, Ron!

I walked out of the house today with my whit about me.

View attachment 1286654 View attachment 1286655 View attachment 1286656
Holy Smoke, I love the fiery staglon on your whittler!

Congratulations on finding such a good looking knife.
Holy Mackerel! Speaking of good-looking knives!!

I'm seeing a lot of Hartshead Barlows here, and am easily influenced. Put it in my pocket for Wooden Wednesday....
Holy Hannah, that Hartshead is heavenly!

My favorite colors: Green and Desert Ironwood
Holy Toledo! Love that El Greco knife, Joshua!

2015 Bladeforums double ended jack for today.

View attachment 1286923
Wholly-Owned Subsidiary! That Canal Street Forum knife is a valuable asset, Dean!

This Klaas bone handled whittler today. I had to file down the kick on the secondary blade when I received this knife as it was blocking access to the nail nick on the main blade. I then filed in a easy open notch to access the 2 secondary blades and dyed the bone a bit darker. After all that its a pretty nice knife. :DView attachment 1287109View attachment 1287110
Holy Roman Empire! You've got your Klaas looking fit for a king!

My Wednesday totes are this eclectic trio, one on my belt, the other two are one in each front pocket.
- Stuart
Holy Terror! Terrific Timber Trio, Stuart!

I hope y’all have a great Thursday! :thumbsup: :) This WCLF will be solo in my pocket today. :)

Just carrying one today .
Harry
Holy Grail, Taylor & Ron & Harry! What ravishing Waynorth lambsfoots!

Holy Moses! Jeff, that pair could help you lead your people to the Promised Land!

Very nice... It's on my short list.
Good group, Gary - two Bucks! The Buck 303 is a great carry. I'll have to bring mine along some day soon. :thumbsup::)
Holey Socks, John & Dean! I appreciate your appreciation of my Bucks.

I think I'll carry the GEC Eureka jack today...
GEC #15
Holy Roller! You've got a bunch of captivating red jigged bone knives, John!

It's humid here all the time. My weather app indicates it's only 98% humidity right now. I have had the Opinel several months now, using it almost every day, and so far I have not had a problem. It's either in my pocket or on my night stand. I am careful not to get the wood wet. So far, it works fine. Never too tight or too loose.
Holy Humidity! My Opinels resist swelling in humid weather now, but I had to melt some beeswax into the pivot to make that happen.

You've got all the angles covered there Gary, very cool line-up :cool: :thumbsup:
Holy War, Jack! I appreciate your constant crusade of encouragement to BF members.

A couple of old Camies today :thumbsup:
Holy Cow! Steve, that cattle knife is awesome and the jack isn't far behind! Great photo, too!

I carried these two GECs on my hike today.

View attachment 1287547 View attachment 1287556
To say that's a handsome pair of hiking knives is Wholly Accurate, Dean!

Trapper and Toothpick totes for Tuesday. Parker Frost "Mink" (1978 by Schrade) and Queen City #20 (1925-1932).
- Stuart
Feeling pressed by the trappers and sowbellies being posted to tote these two today. Winchester 2904 and 3949 (1978 by Queen).
- Stuart
Holy Hand Grenade! The bone on your quartet blows me away, Stuart! I'll vote for the toothpick and the sowbelly in the beauty contest!

Great looking handles on that Sowbelly !
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Marble Sowbelly Stockman oozes personality.
Great picks Gary; that Marbles bone stag looks very cool and the Buck really floats my boat!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary; I'm sure your dentist approves your toothpick use, as well!!!:D
Wholly Successful stag bone! Thanks for noticing, Steve & Harvey & JJ.

A pleasure GT :) LOL! :D Thank you for the information on the Cannon knives, that sounds like quite a bargain, I'll have to look out for them. I'm always pleased when I find an inexpensive knife that delivers :cool: :thumbsup:
You don't always get what you pay for. Sometimes you get more. Thanks Darren @waverave View attachment 1287623
I'm Wholly Involved in the "philosophy" you're espousing, Jack & Alan!

Holy Old Rugged Cross! What a special knife!

Nice k55k gt! My dad and grandad each carry one... Grandpa needed a new knife, then dad dot jealous. I was given the opportunity to gift both of them with a good blade. Still makes me happy to see how they've progressed.
Holy Cats! Great gifts, Willie; mine is my favorite lockback and one of my favorite knives.

A Frenchman covered in ebony for Friday. :)
Vache Sacrée! What a beauty, JJ!

- GT

Holy Hand Tools, Willie, what are some of the things you use your little bar for? I've never carried one, but maybe I don't realize what I'm missing!

Oh you know, really important stuff...
Cleaning under my fingernails
Popping open beer cans
Fidgeting with on the couch
Scraping crud off of things
Turning screws
Taking apart my son's Legos
Finagling stuff that's stuck
Fishing pocket lint and sawdust out of my knives
Opening knives when my thumbnail gets broken.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but that's all I can think of before my morning coffee!!!

Thank you Jack. Could you share more about that wonderful looking knife keeping your hhb company today?

Thanks Willie, it was one of knives our friend Barry (@gunstockjack ) had produced by GEC some years ago. Sawcut bone was just one of the options I think. I really liked the look of the knives, and was not disappointed when mine arrived. Barry and GEC did a great job I think. It's one of many knives I really should carry more often :) :thumbsup:

b4z3ALB.png

7tZwfbP.jpg

RUxNihi.jpg

I'm carrying these two today! :) 2019 Blade Forums #86 Sailors Rope Knife and a 2019 Waynorth Cutlery #93 Real Lamb Foot :) :thumbsup:

49459548138_32408df311_o.jpg

Classy pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

TGIF! Have a great weekend everyone.

ZomlyQO.jpg

It seems to be Lagouile Friday! :D :thumbsup:

Holy Matrimony, what a perfect pairing your HHBs are, Jack!

Holy War, Jack! I appreciate your constant crusade of encouragement to BF members.

I'm Wholly Involved in the "philosophy" you're espousing, Jack & Alan!

Many thanks Gary, just don't call me Jihadi Jack! :eek: :D You certainly are my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice knife, one of my favorite patterns.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, Jose. :)

And that is one of my favorite patterns. I hope they run it as a slip joint some day. :cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful sawcut bone handles. :cool::thumbsup:

Holy Heck

Holey Cheese

Holy Wichita Lineman

Holy Matrimony

Holy Spit
I think GT was possessed by the spirit of Robin. :D

Holy Grail
My favorite. :cool::thumbsup:

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
The topper. :cool::thumbsup:

You've got a bunch of captivating red jigged bone knives, John!
Thank you, GT. :)
I seem to gravitate to red bone handles.

Back