What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Realize I never show this one. My favorite Opinel model - the No. 8 Garden. Lives in my lunch bag I take to work. Also happens to be my favorite apple knife. Enjoying at my desk this afternoon.

XS0Z9aC.jpg

Lighting makes it look like it has an awesome patina, but in reality it's Inox with a satin finish.

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
sowbelly.mark.3open.deck.jpg

"Regular" Stockman of the Week isn't really very regular. It's a Case Humpback stockman with pocket-worn harvest orange jigged bone covers (thanks, Mike):
hump.mark.3open.sill.jpg

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Moon Glow canoe:
canoe.glow.mark.open.jpg

Premium Canoe of the Week is an I*XL stag (thanks for the GAW, @cchu518):
closed.pile.printer.jpg

- GT

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
View attachment 1292245

"Regular" Stockman of the Week isn't really very regular. It's a Case Humpback stockman with pocket-worn harvest orange jigged bone covers (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1292246

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Moon Glow canoe:
View attachment 1292247

Premium Canoe of the Week is an I*XL stag (thanks for the GAW, @cchu518):
View attachment 1292249

- GT

That moon glow in the rough Rider is really neat.

View attachment 1292246

- GT

While I always enjoy seeing your selections, I have to admit I smile a bit more when this one's turn comes up :D

How are you like that 06247? Really good looking knife.

Thanks. So far, I am enjoying it. It's a good size, has great bone handles, and good blade selection. At first I was going to put it in the drawer and not use it, but once I got it out of the box, I couldn't resist putting it in the pocket.

The pen has a really tough pull, and the main contacts the liners causing some rub near the tip. But even with those small nitpicks, I'm pleased with it. It spent 40 years in a box, and is now enjoying getting out in the world and being put to use. I almost want to get a second one to have as a spare. :)

Thanks. So far, I am enjoying it. It's a good size, has great bone handles, and good blade selection. At first I was going to put it in the drawer and not use it, but once I got it out of the box, I couldn't resist putting it in the pocket.

The pen has a really tough pull, and the main contacts the liners causing some rub near the tip. But even with those small nitpicks, I'm pleased with it. It spent 40 years in a box, and is now enjoying getting out in the world and being put to use. I almost want to get a second one to have as a spare. :)

My observations mirror yours. Both the blades on mine have the same issues yours have. The blade rub doesn't bother me as mine will soon bear the marks of usage anyways. As to the stout pen, mine was pretty tough as well. I kept both blades partially open for a bit, oiled them, and worked them open and close some and the action has eased up a little.

I like the 06247. I'd like it a lot more if the clip didn't have so much blade droop. That one niggling detail is the only thing stopping me from picking up another as a spare.

Realize I never show this one. My favorite Opinel model - the No. 8 Garden. Lives in my lunch bag I take to work. Also happens to be my favorite apple knife. Enjoying at my desk this afternoon.

XS0Z9aC.jpg

Lighting makes it look like it has an awesome patina, but in reality it's Inox with a satin finish.

I don’t know why I still haven’t bought one of those. I’ve come close several times, but this far I’ve failed to follow through.

Back