What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Had to show'em I knew how to use an old school weed whacker lol, but it needed sharpening first

2. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    FE24AB26-4961-445D-848D-E4B103C94735.jpeg FB41656E-B147-4FC7-8D26-C9EB2E5540FF.jpeg 4E52DF4C-DDEE-4F14-A4FD-DF2332FD7F4C.jpeg

Well Charlie @waynorth , I now know what a real genuine XX Red Bone is all about. I had to go to the Case Wizard of Wando, South Carolina, Tony Foster, to find one. You really do know one when you see it. Thanks @Txjohn for the introduction.

3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Duckdog and 23 others like this.
  4. jnaught

jnaught

Mar 13, 2017
    @Pt-Luso and @JohnDF, thanks!! We had a good time out there. Pretty day.

JohnDF likes this.
  5. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Thank you, Stuart!

Duckdog likes this.
  6. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Ditto!

Prester John likes this.
  7. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That is actually the top of my large green trash can sitting in the garage.

#22 Magnum with my favorite GEC etch.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  8. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Cadet today.

B5772EE5-EF76-40DE-A787-5BEC309820FE.jpeg

9. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Never done any tobacco products myself, but heres ya a song to go with your knife :D:thumbsup:
    Late Great Chris Ledoux

10. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I really enjoy the great old graphic art!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks Jack!!!
    Preeminent pair to begin your week!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Harvey!!!
    Quite a distinguished couple you're toting today; both hitting on all cylinders like a well trained Armored Division!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you very kindly, Stuart!!!

cigarrodog, Duckdog and Jack Black like this.
  11. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I’ve been carrying this one for a few days. I’m a sucker for a knife with two full-size blades. :D

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, yuzefe and 26 others like this.
  12. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Two more oldies for Tuesday, both from Hammer Brand (Imperial 1938-41.) :)
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, yuzefe, rockgolfer and 22 others like this.
  13. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    I finally got this Joker Pastora. It is actually better than I thought. There are no large gaps anywhere in the handle, some small ones but I can live with those. The steel is mediocre, but was easy to sharpen and the edge had a working sharpness as it came. The handle is real horn (cheaper models have a handle made of ABS). The lock is surprisingly solid, no blade play in any direction, but I will treat this as a light use knife anyway. The action is not as smooth as in higher quality knives but still good enough, no grittiness. Only thing that really matters is that the lever rattles when closed. I wonder if it would be possible to tighten the lever pivot somehow? But this is a small flaw.

I had to write a small story about how I would like to use the knife.

"We rose out of the small convertible car we had rented. The scenery was fantastic up in the mountains, almost clear sky, with the sea and the river walley below. Spring weather was not too hot, but nice and warm. I carried a basket filled with food and other things we needed for our picknick to the table on the roadside resting place.

I snapped open the small navaja and cut some fresh bread, cheese and sausages, while she opened a bottle of spanish red wine. We smiled at each other over the glasses and took a sip. The fresh food and wine tasted delicious. I admired her long blonde hair and blue eyes. The small wrinkles around her eyes looked endearing and her figure was slim despite her age.

After the picknick and a walk in the mountains we drove to the small town where we stayed. I had reserved a table in a restaurant for a dinner. In the hotel we dressed up. I thought for a second and then put the knife on the table but took my panama hat and walking cane. We walked through the ancient streets to the restaurant. A man was playing a guitar, we knew that later there would be a flamenco show, something that I had allways admired.

Later we walked back to the hotel in the darkness, lighted by streetlamps. On an old stone bridge I paused in the moonlight to give her a kiss. The night was warm and there were bright stars on the clear sky."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot pal :) Two great pics there, I have a Press pass, but they never gave me a button :D :thumbsup:

A belated Texas Independence Day to all my Texan friends :) :thumbsup:

That's a great-looking loaf Dave, nice knife too ;) :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, those two are in astonishingly fine condition, incredible :cool: :thumbsup:

That's a very interesting knife Mr Finn, nicely introduced :) :thumbsup:

15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning folks, grabbed an Otter Webermesser for my Random Tuesday carry, and my Hartshead Barlow, of course ;) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    [​IMG]

17. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Â

peanutsxx, TFBraden, yuzefe and 25 others like this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I like those cheerful yellow covers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sounds like good food and good fun for you guys! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superb pair with impressive bone, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

The first lambsfoot on a skateboard I've ever seen! :cool::thumbsup::D

Thanks, Harvey. :) (I haven't heard "humdinger" in a long time. ;))

That's an appealing knife, Bruce; I like the blade combo and that distinctive Böker "finger-groove" jigging! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Terrific trio, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Looking good, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::)

Thanks for the encouragement; I need to get more systematic about checking some of the local possibilities. :)

Phenomenal pair, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I usually prefer your vintage bone knives, but that ebony Churchill is quite a prize!

Thanks for your replies, Jack. :) I've looked seriously at some Marttiini knives.
    Your gift Ulster looks very useful! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the gift canoe! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean, it's definitely an attention grabber. :)

Good to know when the next Leaping Saturday is! ;):thumbsup: Charming commemorative couple; that stag pen knife is glorious! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the confirmation, Gary. :) That chili looks delicious (but I say that about any chili I see :rolleyes:).

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Congrats on your new great granddaughter, Harry! :):thumbsup::cool: Auspicious pair of stag knives you carried to meet her! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nice Imperial/Case/geode combo, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I hope your back makes a fast comeback.

That's probably good, right? ;)

What a notable pair, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sorry to hear about the botched engraving, Jack. :(
    Quite a difference in "energy levels" in the backgrounds for your HHB and your soupy TC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Buffalo horn, won't you come out tonight?

- GT

20. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Grabbed the Craftsman yesterday morning (thought I was grabbing the Case 6332 - close in size and shape in the dark). Got to cut a fair amount of mono yesterday - water was low in the river, snagged several rigs and the fellow I was fishing with forgot his pocketknife - had to let him cut his tags as well. Still don't think we wore it out! OH
    [​IMG]