What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I think it has been more than 2 weeks since I posted anything other than some of the knives I carry each day – none of my usual posts thanking folks for their compliments and sharing their excitement over the knives they're carrying. I miss doing that, but somehow my "social distancing" has unintentionally carried over to BF lately. I think I'm about 60 or more pages behind, and I'm not going to even try to catch up. I will try to at least respond to posts from the past 2+ weeks that are directed specifically to me; apologies if I miss some of them.

Hi GT - the scissors on the Pioneer X are very good - I've used them to cut thread, paper, etc. Extremely sharp as you might expect. The pull on getting them out is a little strong on my particular knife as is the rest of the tools including the main blade. This knife is rapidly becoming my favorite. However, I have a Victorinox Compact mod on the way with all titanium scales and liners. It's a 91 mm frame and I'm anxious to see how the scissors on that knife compare to the pioneer X. It's going to be a 2 layer knife so it will be interesting to see how it feels to my hand.
Thanks for your take on the Pioneer X scissors, Bill. :)
How are you liking your titanium Compact?

Thanks GT! Not yet, we are still getting to know each other and determining if this is going to be a long term relationship :). I really like the way it carries and slices, it does dull fairly quickly as well. It is great at food prep and very easy to bring the edge back.

Day 4, the Opinel is still going strong. It did dull significantly when opening a clam shell package, but a few swipes on the stones and it was back to scalpel like sharpness.
It's cool that you could give that Opinel a week-long tryout, Tom. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Much thanks, GT. Your Kamp-King is too cool. Beautifully designed Spanish knife.
Your kind words are always appreciated, Harvey. :)

Thank you, Gary! Your Alox Classic is a top drawer knife. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean; it would probably be an EDC if I weren't committed to a red celidor Minichamp that I like even better. ;)

Beautiful red color on your Boker, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
That's a smasher GT :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, John and Jack. :) John, you'd have enjoyed the numeric excitement of @Will Power's "guess my license tag number" GAW: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guess-right-stockman-gaw.1559650/
I was very fortunate to win. :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Hey GT. Fine looking ram’s Horn canoe.
Oooh! I'm not generally a big canoe guy, but that is outstanding, Gary! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Harvey & Matt. :) Matt, I think the ram's horn, especially the crater has a positive effect on lots of people! ;)

A grand group, Gary! :thumbsup:
Quality quartet GT :cool: :thumbsup:
I appreciate the support, even in my absence, gents! :)
Jack, your stag HHB and the orange Bull Nose were quite a pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another quality quartet, Gary. How big is that RR half-Hawk?
love that RR Half Hawk!
Thanks, Dean and @Laurelbb. :) The RR Half-Hawk is 4" closed, with a relatively large pen blade.

Lovely Lambsfoot pic GT :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone is doing OK, and not finding the current situation too stressful. I'm carrying my usual Hartshead Barlow today, and adding this little Queen Trapper that JohnDF JohnDF kindly sent me recently, I've been looking forward to carrying it again. I've also been belt-carrying my Vic Farmer for the past few days :thumbsup:
Gorgeous, GT.
- Stuart
I'm grateful for your liking my lambsfoot pic, Jack and Stuart. :)
Terrific trio you're toting in these trying times, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Two beautiful knives for a good week, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, José! :) I hope you and your country are handling this pandemic well.

Excellent knives, Gary; your RR stag medium trapper is always a pleasure to see. Enjoy your online teaching!
Thanks for the encouragement regarding both my avocation and my vocation, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

More catch-up quotes tomorrow. ;)

I'll conclude with more of my carries for this week.
Watchpocket knife this week is a Rough Rider pen knife with copper bolsters and grooved horn covers:
pen.mark.open.jpg

Big knife this week is a white smooth bone RR marlin spike:
marlin.pile.trekbadge.jpg

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Sarge BSA barlow:
sarge.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Dean; it would probably be an EDC if I weren't committed to a red celidor Minichamp that I like even better. ;)

Thanks, Dean and @Laurelbb. :) The RR Half-Hawk is 4" closed, with a relatively large pen blade.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding both my avocation and my vocation, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

More catch-up quotes tomorrow. ;)

Watchpocket knife this week is a Rough Rider pen knife with copper bolsters and grooved horn covers:
View attachment 1311308

- GT

Thank you for your replies, Gary. I don't know if I have mentioned previously the beauty of your RR pen knife with grooved horn covers. It really is distinctive. :thumbsup:

The Bullnose looks classy in black micarta, Ron!
I hope you are exercising above and beyond caution, my friend.
Thanks Jeff! :) I got that particular Bullnose in a group of knives I bought several years back. The Black Micarta does a touch of class to a working knife! :thumbsup: Above and beyond caution my friend! It seems to be the new norm! :)

Farm &Field Red/Black paper Micarta pocket Carver paired with all black ALOX Electrician:thumbsup:
bFBJk9.jpg

Be healthy and happy everyone:thumbsup:

Another day of sitting around, so we moved it outside. Sitting on the front wall next to the garden waste bin (for pick up soon), a couple of buddies socially distanced and socially adjusted, a cigar and a reclusive (but freshly combed out) dog. Nice to be outside.

Relaxing in the sun are a Case 62032 medium Texas jack (thanks Half/Stop Half/Stop ) and a Primble 4995 double end jack. They may stay n my pocket another day or two. We're not in a hurry any time soon.

Lt2Nfoh.jpg

- Stuart

Great-looking pair there JJ :) :thumbsup:
Thanks so much Jack!!!
Going with double stag today, one of my Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs, and my Abbeydale Jack :) :thumbsup:

g2G5J5D.jpg

yAV7uck.jpg
Great pairing of stag clad beauties; the Abbeydale jack really has that "old world" character, lovely!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's very sunny here this morning so it's fortunate I've got my sunglasses on, there's a lot of SHINE and GLARE from those Spears;):cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Will, I'm glad you had your shades on!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
pen-mark-open-jpg.1311308

marlin-pile-trekbadge-jpg.1311310

sarge-mark-closed-jpg.1311311
Another very nice threesome Gary; your Buck BSA is especially cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Beautiful image. That partial hidden #54 is a gem.
Thanks for your kind words Harvey!!!
Past Lives/Albert Oates, Sheffield Lamb.
20a8c656-a121-4dbe-a344-b11740c7d1ba-jpeg.1311165

#35 Churchill.
B3F10E85-4274-4BDA-8881-5146E21EDEEB_zpsrywwcptc.jpeg
A couple of beautifully photographed pieces of wonderful cutlery; the old Oates looks perfectly set with that "early 20th century" portrait!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
pen-mark-open-jpg.1311308

marlin-pile-trekbadge-jpg.1311310

sarge-mark-closed-jpg.1311311

Another week with excellent knives, Gary, congratulations on your beautiful collection.;):thumbsup:

The stag on that one is :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you John :) :thumbsup:

Unusual times but if we’re smart and diligent I believe we’ll come out on the other side okay. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

NpuIK1k.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - The Stag on your Abbydale Jag is scrumptious.

Past Lives/Albert Oates, Sheffield Lamb.
View attachment 1311165

#35 Churchill.
B3F10E85-4274-4BDA-8881-5146E21EDEEB_zpsrywwcptc.jpeg

Thank you kindly Harvey, love your pics :) :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll have time for some light reading:
wW9Gr16.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday Vince :)

Jack, your stag HHB and the orange Bull Nose were quite a pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm grateful for your liking my lambsfoot pic, Jack and Stuart. :)
Terrific trio you're toting in these trying times, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1311308

View attachment 1311310

View attachment 1311311

- GT

Thank you very much for the kind words Gary :) :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Jack!!!

Great pairing of stag clad beauties; the Abbeydale jack really has that "old world" character, lovely!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sincere thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd go with a couple 1920s shadows for Sunday. :)

Very classy :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I was going to have my coffee outside as it was sunny 5 minutes ago, looks a bit miserable now :( I hope everyone is doing alright, and not going stir-crazy. I know it's not a normal Sunday, but I hope everyone has a nice one. Stay safe :thumbsup:

NkX6clL.jpg

zhko0LT.jpg

wyb7CKj.jpg

Back