What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Recollections

49749839836_660468082b_b.jpg
It has been a while since I have seen a Fish Barlow made by Mark . Nice to see Gevo . Thanks .

Harry

It's a "Case" day, for sure. My new-to-me big Texas Jack, and my small half whittler in the watch pocket.
The Texas Jack was relatively dull when I got it, but took a screaming sharp edge with only about 10 strokes on the stone. That is the fastest I've ever gotten that kind of edge on a blade. I may end up having to personalize this one by rounding the square bolsters a little bit... I really like it, so far.

j6LuGM.jpg
I’m feeling it too!
aDCTByP.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pair today my friend and an interesting set up for your garden watering system . I really enjoyed your photo .

Harry
That's what my dad said when I sent him the photo Harry!!! He asked me if my son designed it....LOL. I will be hand watering as well.

View attachment 1318307 View attachment 1318306 View attachment 1318305 View attachment 1318304

Case all day! With a little bit of Bose thrown in for good measure.

I’ll join you Spaten Spaten and hornetguy hornetguy . And I know @SVTFreak always loves seeing a square end stockman! That reminds me hornetguy hornetguy , please don’t round the ends of that great looking Texas Jack! I can send you a 47 pattern if you want round.
Well, I didn't plan to make the ends completely round... I was just thinking of knocking the sharp corners back a little bit... I have 3 of the 06247pen knives, and they are a favorite of mine, as well. I just don't think they are as nicely made as this big Jack is. Maybe I should carry one of them tomorrow, as a "scientific study".... :D

For today I'll be pocketing these two wood covered totes from France. :)
Thank you JJ. Exquisite pair. I can smell the pepper. Excellent image.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Mango soap sounds choice. Of course I love the Hartshead, but that BFs Buck is quite handsome.

@Half/Stop - Thank you Ron. Wonderful pairing of the Churchill with the Big ‘un. Great Selfie. Good looking mask, too.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Thank you kindly, Gev. Your “Recollections” image is Primo. Always a pleasure studying your images. So much to see.

Sorry to have been in abstensia. As I mentioned to Ron @Half/Stop in a text a bit back, I'm not diseased, just distracted. Amid the COVID-19 miasma and my back therapy, Miss Norma and I were blessed with the birth of our first grandbaby. Our son and his wife were delivered of a little girl on March 31 and all are home and doing very well. I think she may be eating pork chops next week. Despite the dicey situation, after extra cleaning (including me shaving a bit), we got to see her today. A bright moment in a strange time.

I'm not doing any heavy lifting (16 oz max), so I'm totin' light. These two have sufficed for almost a week.

C3Zb2az.jpg

I guess a few of you feel the loss of John Prine. He spoke for the the diminished folks among us and he spoke clearly. God has him now.

- Stuart

Sorry to have been in abstensia. As I mentioned to Ron @Half/Stop in a text a bit back, I'm not diseased, just distracted. Amid the COVID-19 miasma and my back therapy, Miss Norma and I were blessed with the birth of our first grandbaby. Our son and his wife were delivered of a little girl on March 31 and all are home and doing very well. I think she may be eating pork chops next week. Despite the dicey situation, after extra cleaning (including me shaving a bit), we got to see her today. A bright moment in a strange time.

I'm not doing any heavy lifting (16 oz max), so I'm totin' light. These two have sufficed for almost a week.

C3Zb2az.jpg

I guess a few of you feel the loss of John Prine. He spoke for the the diminished folks among us and he spoke clearly. God has him now.

- Stuart
Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter, Stuart.

Many thanks JJ, you're very kind :) Two wonderful couteaux au poivre my friend! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is staying safe and well :) Rolling with these three today ;) :thumbsup:

6aitGMa.jpg

KPgQIbN.jpg

aNDaC1V.jpg
Thank you so very much Jack!!!
You'd definitely win the hand with those three aces; love the outdoor perspective image of your fixed blade, also!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful wood on those two French beauties JJ! :thumbsup: :D
Thank you very much Ron!!!
I’m sheltered in with these two wooden clad companions this morning! :thumbsup: I’ve got my Ebony #35 Tidioute Churchill and my Ironwood Wright’s Big ‘un Lambsfoot. I hope y’all are all safe and well! :D

49646930608_431e4bd222_o_d.jpg
Wonderful pair of wooden clad totes; the photo you shot really looks like the "golden hour," beautiful!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks kindly and those two get my heart racing !!!!
Thank you very much fine Sir!!!
Recollections

49749839836_660468082b_b.jpg
Not only an outstanding knife but a fabulous photograph, Gev; the entire visual has such amazing depth!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Exquisite pair. I can smell the pepper. Excellent image.
Thanks so much Harvey!!!
Two highly attractive images of your fabulous totes; the cordage in each is visually stunning, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back