What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

0S1dVBG.jpg

Sorry to have been in abstensia. As I mentioned to Ron @Half/Stop in a text a bit back, I'm not diseased, just distracted. Amid the COVID-19 miasma and my back therapy, Miss Norma and I were blessed with the birth of our first grandbaby. Our son and his wife were delivered of a little girl on March 31 and all are home and doing very well. I think she may be eating pork chops next week. Despite the dicey situation, after extra cleaning (including me shaving a bit), we got to see her today. A bright moment in a strange time.

I'm not doing any heavy lifting (16 oz max), so I'm totin' light. These two have sufficed for almost a week.

C3Zb2az.jpg

I guess a few of you feel the loss of John Prine. He spoke for the the diminished folks among us and he spoke clearly. God has him now.

- Stuart

Congratulations Stuart and I hope your back continues to get better !

All those items look rugged and dependable, annnd snazzy! :thumbsup:
I feel a bit self conscious admiring your watch and knife, because I really want one of each. And I don't think of myself as a materialist.....
And then I wonder who I'm trying to kid. ;)

I know, I know... health, family and friends are what is really important.
But I refuse to go through life without a good knife in my pocket, also I need (?) a new field watch. :)

Thanks, and believe it or not the photo wasn’t staged. I was grabbing my stuff to head out the door for work and thought I’d take a quick knife photo to post. Once I took it I realized it looked kind of neat with my watch and flashlight. Those 3 items together were less than $200, so I don’t really fear damaging any of them at work. But I try not to either. That Seiko is really on the second watch I’ve worn in almost 30 years, retiring the Seiko divers watch I’ve worn that entire time.

View attachment 1318307 View attachment 1318306 View attachment 1318305 View attachment 1318304

Case all day! With a little bit of Bose thrown in for good measure.

Excellent ebony Case, LT! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to have been in abstensia. As I mentioned to Ron @Half/Stop in a text a bit back, I'm not diseased, just distracted. Amid the COVID-19 miasma and my back therapy, Miss Norma and I were blessed with the birth of our first grandbaby. Our son and his wife were delivered of a little girl on March 31 and all are home and doing very well. I think she may be eating pork chops next week. Despite the dicey situation, after extra cleaning (including me shaving a bit), we got to see her today. A bright moment in a strange time.

I'm not doing any heavy lifting (16 oz max), so I'm totin' light. These two have sufficed for almost a week.

C3Zb2az.jpg

I guess a few of you feel the loss of John Prine. He spoke for the the diminished folks among us and he spoke clearly. God has him now.

- Stuart

Congratulations, Stuart on your grandchild and I hope your back continues to get better. Great selection of knives for the week. :):thumbsup:

Here's a shot from Palm Sunday of a stag lambsfoot with a couple of late crocuses:
View attachment 1318501

Thanks, Dean. :) Have you seen the Victorinox Excelsior? I've only seen it online, but it certainly reminds me of the Secretary.

- GT

Your Palm Sunday photo and knife are gorgeous, Gary. I have seen the Excelsior; I have a Secretary in silver alox. :)

Getting the winter tyres changed on the car today to summer ones, yippee! But dragging the wheels out of the garage is a chore...had 20cm 8" snow this week but it's gone, crocus have appeared. Time to carry some gents type-Conductor to usher in spring.

97dDBbN.jpg

Nice set, Will.
This envelope that certainly came from Portugal also caught my attention!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Easter time means it’s that time.
Time to get the Oriole feeders ready.

The 23’s pen blade made quick work of these two detergent jugs. A couple of dogwood twigs for perches, and they’re ready. Orange is the color you want!
Ignore the store bought Oriole concoctions ~ the only thing you need is grape jelly. They love that stuff.

The Orioles winter somewhere south of the equator, but come up here to nest and bring forth the next generation. Sometime soon, the first scouts will show up, and I like to have these out for them. They let the rest know that they are welcome here again.View attachment 1318621 I’ll use some stiff wire to hang them in back outside the kitchen.

Back