What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Have a safe and peaceful Sunday!
Carrying a treasure today.
F8Z1kxa.jpg

So I wasn't too far off the mark with my Messenger Bag assumption. ;):thumbsup:
Right! :thumbsup:
I'd like to try a messenger bag for carrying stuff, but before I switched to a backpack with a laptop compartment, I used to carry a Lands End canvas briefcase/bag. I really liked the size and the organization, but carrying a fairly heavy bag using a shoulder strap started giving me some significant neck pain. (I always put the strap on the shoulder on the same side as the bag, and wonder if I'd have avoided problems by doing a "cross-chest" carry with strap on the opposite shoulder.)

Thank you, Gary! Impressive loadout that you carry. I imagine you are prepared for almost all contingencies.

Nice looking Cadet, Gary. Red Alox always looks good IMHO. :thumbsup:
I carried these two on my hike today. Green Alox Farmer (Thank you 5K Qs 5K Qs ).

View attachment 1365400

Case XX jackknife.

View attachment 1365401
Thanks, Dean; I'm especially ready if a knife swap meet ever breaks out! :D
Admirable Farmer-Jack pair that you posted way back when; your green Alox looks better than when I had it! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comment, GT:) Both arrived to me as amber jigged bone versions and I dyed them black. ...
That explains why I don't remember seeing RR black jigged bone in the past! :):cool::cool:

Thank you Gary!!! That little Robeson is the smallest "split-back" I've come across, so far!:eek:
It looks like a joy to have! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Smooth Tobacco bone and Gum Fuddy. Can't beat those, Gary!
I'm carrying this Case Amber bone stockman, 6347, today.

View attachment 1365841
Thanks, Dean; they are attractive covers, as is the Case amber jigged bone on your 6347! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice to see ABCDEFG"s knife. ;):thumbsup:
I really like the gum fuddy, really classic looking.
Thanks, John. :)

That smooth tobacco bone always catches my eye Gary :) :thumbsup:

Late posting today, but I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm carrying my regular Hartshead Barlow, and a Thrifty Thursday Richards Serpentine Jack :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack :); the smooth tobacco bone is one of my favorites from Rough Rider, even though I tend to favor some texture on a knife handle.
Dandy duo you posted; Richards makes the kind of knives I grew up with! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Love the look of this knife, GT. Many nice details.
That’s a beaut, GT.
No joke GT. That’s a beauty.:thumbsup:
I appreciate your daily encouragement, Harvey! :)

Nice totes Gary, I'm also carrying a Kutmaster Stockman today :thumbsup:
Thanks, Steve. :)

Very cool~ appreciate that link, Gary!
Glad you liked it, Jeff :); I remembered seeing a post of yours about glass bottleneck slides and wondered if you'd ever tried a pocket knife.

Fantastic foursome, Gary; very cool jigging on your Buck canoe, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate the supportive comments, JJ. :)

Your "naked" Imperial Diamond Edge knife does grow on one, doesn't it? :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd love to know the story of that one; was it made that way?
I'm guessing that it had a thin celluloid (or some kind of synthetic) veneer that eventually peeled off. I've seen other similar knives in various stages of "undress". ;)

Another excellent choice for the week, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Top choice in Peanuts. :cool::thumbsup:

Ebony and Rat Tail... Perfection. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, José and John. :)

Camillus carpenters whittler and an Imperial cattle knife.

2t6W0Ia.jpg
Yowza! What a pair of golden vintage knives, Steve!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Smashing line-up Gary :cool: :thumbsup:
I appreciate your comments, Jack. :)

Always love seeing pics of Cracker Jack, GT! :thumbsup:
Terrific Trio Gary, great pic of your Cracker Jack :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Matt & Jack; I enjoy posting pics of that photogenic knife! ;):thumbsup:

I remember your lil Remy from previous photos... still love it!
Thanks, Jeff :); I feel fortunate to have a matching canoe, and really enjoy the wood they use:
rem.canoe&peanut.closed.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
I appreciate your constant positivity, John. :)

Enjoying seeing all your current carries GT :)
I'm grateful for your daily encouragement to so many of us on The Porch, Jack, including me. :thumbsup::)

Your Big Daddy Remington Barlow looks fantastic, Gary! :):thumbsup: I'll bet it's a handful.
Definitely a knife with some weight and length (5" closed) to it, Dean. It rides great in the leg pocket of carpenter pants, but I don't know if I could carry it comfortably in other pants. :rolleyes:

A couple of Imperial Scouts today, both wearing black. :)
Did you say Imperial and scouts, JJ? That's speaking my language!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1370776 All stainless. All for work. View attachment 1370775 Enjoy the day, no matter what!:cool:
Lot of variety in that trio of classic, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Enjoying a gift today. My father in law knows my love of Sycamore trees. Amazing how wood can transform into feathers when it is cut. Going to be a great day!

Congrats on the gorgeous Tribal Lock, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

An excellent and classic knife, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) My favorite stockman pattern is a sowbelly, but a close second is any stockman that closely resembles that 897UH, with medium length, almost sunk joints, slender clip, low-riding sheepsfoot, and smooth, curvaceous, round-bolstered profile! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
(I even like Staglon almost as much as real stag. ;))

Beautiful Rams horn !
Thanks, Steve. :) The Marbles rams horn is more green than brown like most examples of rams horn I've seen, but I sure like the texture.

Hey, GT! It's cool that the canoe came up in your rotation for Fourth of July. :cool::thumbsup:

What do you get when you mix red, white, and blue? Purple!...
An English and an American knife today. :D
I sure enjoy looking at that canoe, Rachel. :) Just a coincidence that it happened to come up on last week's carry schedule.
Colorful eggplant pics; that ebony is so stygian!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looking good Gary :thumbsup:
Late posting today after going for a hike, but I just wanted to call in and wish all our US members, a very happy US Independence Day :) :thumbsup:

mbKq5Oh.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
Illustrious Independence Day pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Toting three today: big French Le Theirs in snakewood, Medium French Capuchadou in ebony, and small English Ashley’s Choice lambsfoot in stag. Continental carry.

View attachment 1372069

Terrific trio Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Delightful duo Bill :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack :); the smooth tobacco bone is one of my favorites from Rough Rider, even though I tend to favor some texture on a knife handle.
Dandy duo you posted; Richards makes the kind of knives I grew up with! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate your daily encouragement, Harvey! :)

Thanks, Steve. :)

Glad you liked it, Jeff :); I remembered seeing a post of yours about glass bottleneck slides and wondered if you'd ever tried a pocket knife.

I appreciate the supportive comments, JJ. :)

I'm guessing that it had a thin celluloid (or some kind of synthetic) veneer that eventually peeled off. I've seen other similar knives in various stages of "undress". ;)

Thank you, José and John. :)

Yowza! What a pair of golden vintage knives, Steve!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I appreciate your comments, Jack. :)

Thanks, Matt & Jack; I enjoy posting pics of that photogenic knife! ;):thumbsup:

Thanks, Jeff :); I feel fortunate to have a matching canoe, and really enjoy the wood they use:
View attachment 1372097

I appreciate your constant positivity, John. :)

I'm grateful for your daily encouragement to so many of us on The Porch, Jack, including me. :thumbsup::)

Definitely a knife with some weight and length (5" closed) to it, Dean. It rides great in the leg pocket of carpenter pants, but I don't know if I could carry it comfortably in other pants. :rolleyes:

Did you say Imperial and scouts, JJ? That's speaking my language!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Lot of variety in that trio of classic, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on the gorgeous Tribal Lock, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, John. :) My favorite stockman pattern is a sowbelly, but a close second is any stockman that closely resembles that 897UH, with medium length, almost sunk joints, slender clip, low-riding sheepsfoot, and smooth, curvaceous, round-bolstered profile! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
(I even like Staglon almost as much as real stag. ;))

Thanks, Steve. :) The Marbles rams horn is more green than brown like most examples of rams horn I've seen, but I sure like the texture.

I sure enjoy looking at that canoe, Rachel. :) Just a coincidence that it happened to come up on last week's carry schedule.
Colorful eggplant pics; that ebony is so stygian!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)
Illustrious Independence Day pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Many thanks for all the kind comments in your mammoth post Gary, they're appreciated my friend :) I agree with you on the RR Smooth Tobacco Bone, and regret not keeping my 'Half Hawk' :( I think I can manage OK though :D ;) :thumbsup:

Terrific trio Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Delightful duo Bill :D ;) :thumbsup:

Many thanks for all the kind comments in your mammoth post Gary, they're appreciated my friend :) I agree with you on the RR Smooth Tobacco Bone, and regret not keeping my 'Half Hawk' :( I think I can manage OK though :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack! Hope your day is going well.

Back