What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Ulster Barlow and a Utica Jack

p6xgniM.jpg

I think I might be "improving". Almost 57.4 consecutive hours without a stockman on me. (it was rough ... so rough ... :( )
All BTI "Saw Cut" Delrin Old Timer. (excluding the lanyard.)
23OT Scout/Camp pattern.
25OT two blade slipjoint folding hunter.
280OT two blade Barlow.
858OT (large/extra large) stockman (I almost feel "human" again ... I think ....)

View attachment 1426499

I believe if one of my 7OT's don't get here my October 04, I'm going to "have" to buy another one.
A Buck 110 would work, of course, but the covers won't match. Sometimes I want matching covers in my ancient age.

This one has hidden away in its cocoon for far too long. Time to carry and use it a bit.

U2Zyk4d.jpg

I can't wait to harvest these pequin peppers and start a vinegar salt jar going...

ym78Tax.jpg

Hope all a y'all have a great weekend!

my goodness... another great example of a Case/Bose collaboration. Also no idea what those peppers are, or what a vinegar salt jar is, but it sounds like I want to be a part of it.

my goodness... another great example of a Case/Bose collaboration. Also no idea what those peppers are, or what a vinegar salt jar is, but it sounds like I want to be a part of it.
Thanks, I picked it up a few years back and was always afraid to carry it, now I don't care about keeping it pristine, I want to see what it is like to actually use such a thing...and them peppers are hot! They creep up on you and keep on rolling till your looking for a piece of cheese or bread. Going to quick dry them in the oven, and salt and vinegar jar is just a way to make a simple hot sauce in a mason jar. You just cover the peppers with vinegar after a bit of salt and let them sit on a dark shelf for a while (weeks), drain off the vinegar and bottle it, then add more till the flavor starts to drop off.

My 14 yo daughter’s RR Canoe.

I gave it to her a while ago and she carries it all the time.

Yesterday she and her sister went kayaking for a couple hours.
When they returned they told me all about their adventures, how the explored the lake, got to a creek with some rapids etc.
My14 yo then said as she gave me my phone
“ Oh, and I took a really nice picture of my knife” :)

uxVNslz.jpg

I am so proud of her :D

Such a nice looking #74. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like there's gonna be some more nice looking 74s... real soon! :)

A vintage EC Simmons KEEN KUTTER Barlow and ebony GEC Churchill:thumbsup:
a1BRkI.jpg

5h5amR.jpg
Paul, the Churchill is of coarse a fantastic knife and that Keen Kutter is sooooo cool. :cool::cool::cool:
Simply a beautiful sawcut Barlow! :thumbsup: In great condition too I might add. Together they make an very special pair!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for showin' 'em my friend.:)

My 14 yo daughter’s RR Canoe.

I gave it to her a while ago and she carries it all the time.

Yesterday she and her sister went kayaking for a couple hours.
When they returned they told me all about their adventures, how the explored the lake, got to a creek with some rapids etc.
My14 yo then said as she gave me my phone
“ Oh, and I took a really nice picture of my knife” :)

uxVNslz.jpg

I am so proud of her :D
Really nice indeed! She did well and apparently you've done well, too.:)

Thanks John. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like there's gonna be some more nice looking 74s... real soon! :)

Paul, the Churchill is of coarse a fantastic knife and that Keen Kutter is sooooo cool. :cool::cool::cool:
Simply a beautiful sawcut Barlow! :thumbsup: In great condition too I might add. Together they make an very special pair!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for showin' 'em my friend.:)
Thank you James, I appreciate the nice compliment:thumbsup: and as John mentioned, a beautiful 74 you pictured earlier today. The KEEN KUTTER is a testament to the skill a cutler possesses. Solid blades without any play, thin blades that simply CUT with ease:thumbsup: the previous owner took good care of her and the sawcut just aged gracefully and have become pocket worn over the years. I'm happy to have it. You'll have to bring up to speed after your gun/knife show:)

Thank you James, I appreciate the nice compliment:thumbsup: and as John mentioned, a beautiful 74 you pictured earlier today. The KEEN KUTTER is a testament to the skill a cutler possesses. Solid blades without any play, thin blades that simply CUT with ease:thumbsup: the previous owner took good care of her and the sawcut just aged gracefully and have become pocket worn over the years. I'm happy to have it. You'll have to bring up to speed after your gun/knife show:)
Unfortunately our Governor cancelled the show!:mad:
It is with the utmost restraint that I say, "That's all I can say about that!" :rolleyes:

I decided I could say one more thing... I do have a couple 74s coming instead... Ironwood and Stag. Hope you're enjoying the Denim Zulu. :)

Back