What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

CK Edition Roundhead for Thursday.
wxP7XXW.jpg

As promised...
This is one of the kits I made up for each of my vehicles.
Flashlight, pen, notebook, SAK Tinker for tools, and Buck 112 for heavy cutting.
Of course I always have a pocket knife on my person, but these are available for handy backups.

Sorry the cover materials aren't more "traditional".
I like this a lot John. I’ve got most of the same items loose in the console of my truck and my wife’s car. Being a totally unorganized individual :rolleyes: I have done it that way for years. I’ll definitely be checking out a couple of these pouches! :) :thumbsup:

A fine duo indeed :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you so much my friend! The same can certainly be said for your two iconic Barlow’s! :) :thumbsup:

Nice black and tan pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Good-looking pair my industrious friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you for the compliments Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Going with these today. Have a good one!
O3MvqPE.jpg
I don't know what that peanut is... (if it's a peanut at all?)...
But that's absolutely perfection. Very nice blade combo - a clip and a wharncliff? wow. I'm a big fan.

That's my wife's bacon. I had just finished my meal when I took the pic. I had three slices of bacon, three scrambled eggs, two slices of wheat toast, and a glass of whole milk. I did have vegetables, though: several chiltepin peppers with my eggs. Does coffee count?

Coffee is absolutely vegetable water. The original vegetable water. Totally counts. Nice knife :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean.

Classy Case :thumbsup:. Ebony is always in season :thumbsup:.

Thank you, Dee.

Thanks for the supportive comments, guys, although most of the pocket wear on the Alox occurred before I bought the knife in an antique store while I was on vacation a few years back. Here are some pics I took this morning when I took the scenic route to work, walking most of the Reeds Lake Trail that circles a lake in East Grand Rapids.
Pioneer on top of trail map where I started the trip:
View attachment 1433145
A view of the lake from near the trail map:
View attachment 1433146

A close-up of the Alox Old Cross Pioneer from a bench at the trailhead:
View attachment 1433148

- GT

Thank you for more photos of your Alox Old Cross Pioneer, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Royal and Ancient, Dean! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the ID, Dean. :) I can't seem to keep all of Case's stockman models straight, especially the "mediums".

- GT

Thank you, Gary. I understand your confusion of the Case "mediums," there are way too many with that moniker.

The Case Teardrop is one of those knives I rediscover from time to time and think "Why don't I carry this one more often?"

I don't carry this one very often, but I find the blade a little odd :thumbsup:

EwVNrnG.jpg

Thank you for the compliments Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the heads-up in the Guardians thread my friend, I'm indebted to you! :eek: :thumbsup:

Happy New Knife day to me, this Bark River City Knife in buffalo horn just arrived. I am thinking right now: this is too pretty to use :).

Very nice Tom :cool: I wondered how they would do the buffalo horn when you mentioned it, and that actually looks quite different to what I had imagined :thumbsup:

Patina from a kiwi and a couple of scuppernongs.
Scuppernongs? That sounds like something you need a spey blade for:eek::D

That's my wife's bacon. I had just finished my meal when I took the pic. I had three slices of bacon, three scrambled eggs, two slices of wheat toast, and a glass of whole milk. I did have vegetables, though: several chiltepin peppers with my eggs. Does coffee count?
If it ain’t meat, it counts as veggies!
Happy New Knife day to me, this Bark River City Knife in buffalo horn just arrived. I am thinking right now: this is too pretty to use :).

Conversely, it’s too nice not to tote.
And if it’s worth toting, it’s worth using!
See how I think?:rolleyes:o_O
Congrats- very handsome!:thumbsup:

I got something in the mail too! I’m gonna be toting it tomorrow:D

I don't carry this one very often, but I find the blade a little odd :thumbsup:
The blade shape is definitely weird. It's like a spear, but not really a spear- kind of like a rounded off wharnecliffe. Like a wharnecliffe that goes to school with popular spear points, so it changes it's look to fit in a little better. I have a wharnecliffe version similar what @r8shell carries, and if it was better put together I'd carry it more often.

Back