What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

JB I really like the Russlock, after breaking them in and playing with them for a evening they are quite easy to use.
I have a belt holster that I picked up at a gun show made just for the Russlock. I have worn it on my belt a few times but the holster makes it a great way to carry in your back pocket.
View attachment 1445800

I've been so close to pulling the trigger on one of these, I think I've almost bought one a half dozen times.

The 43 can see us through the FOMO (fear of missing out)!
If not, you and I will just have stay off BF when all those new ones start showing up!
Nah. I look forward to seeing them.

Strong enough to cover bathroom smells, so it should work. Might make some new friends, too!:p

Reminds me of how I learned never to walk past the perfume counter and all the samplers with my smart aleck friends.:mad:

I was so close to snagging one of the 74, but it wasn't to be, oh well I scored one of the 33 earlier this year, I was hoping for another. My daughter was born this year so I want to leave one NIT for her to one day find. Just for fun, but if I leave that one unused...well then of course I need a new knife....right?

dikocl5.jpg

I'm a day or two behind and will be without internet for a week starting Saturday so here's my carry yesterday & today.
Pal cattle with synthetic handles and a Robeson sleeveboard in some nice bone were in the pocket yesterday.
Today I'm carrying GEC's, Churchill 35 & Calf Roper 66. Either of the 2 are great stand alone knives but I just can't seem to leave
home with only one knife in my pocket.:D
View attachment 1445975View attachment 1445976

Stockman of the Week is a Buck 303 (thanks, Clay):
303.pile.open.bht.jpg

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Case CV in chestnut jigged bone (thanks, Ron):
sow.mark.open.jpg

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Bolster Stripes model:
BSPS.mark.closed.shelf.jpg

Premium Canoe of the Week is a Case canoe from 1975:
outside.mark.main.jpg

- GT

...a knife which some fool had ruined :(
U1Jhwou.jpg
Look at it this way, Jack. Now, with a conscience unclouded by regrets over modding a vintage classic, you have license to make of it anything you wish.
All you need is your bench grinder, a pail of water to keep from over heating the steel, and your imagination.:D

I’m thinking a Viking/Anglo Saxon seax would be fun.
upload_2020-10-29_20-38-32.jpeg

You can fix that!
See, Jack? It’s a BF consensus!:cool:

Irresistible JJ :) Thank you my friend, the Herbert Robinson stamp is one of my favourites, but in this case it was on a knife which some fool had ruined :( :thumbsup:

U1Jhwou.jpg

The Kabar is a nice thrifty Barlow JJ, and it's always great to see your Christopher Johnson :) :thumbsup:
I can imagine that sweet old slicer with a round tip and new covers. Looks like a fine old piece of steel.

Irresistible JJ :) Thank you my friend, the Herbert Robinson stamp is one of my favourites, but in this case it was on a knife which some fool had ruined :( :thumbsup:

U1Jhwou.jpg
Wow, that is quite a fixed blade! It looks like a small sword; still very cool!:cool::thumbsup:
The Kabar is a nice thrifty Barlow JJ, and it's always great to see your Christopher Johnson :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Jack!!!

Back