What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Have a good weekend, folks!
I don't generally carry a knife in my watch pocket. I figured I'd drop one in there today. Boker gents knife, Damascus and Thuya burl.
m4SH51w.jpg

Today's tote is the very well made is my BladeForums Sailor's Rope knife.

View attachment 1458910
Thanks for that moment of clarity. I’ve always thought of it as the ‘19 Blade Forums sheepfoot jack, but it is indeed a sailor’s rope knife. Mount a shackle, and it would be a clone of the Camillus issue Navy knife. Not the larger Coast Guard/life raft one, the one that looks just like...that:D

Finished picking up my leaves and some for my neighbor who had a knee replaced . Total for the year = me 46 + neighbor 5 = 51 Total Loads . Then put the Collector System away . It has given me 16 seasons with almost no problems .

and of course I was carrying these 2 old guys who have given me Zero problems .

Harry
Of course your equipment gives you no trouble, Harry~ you’re a guy who takes care of your stuff. Always nice to see those two knives, buddy!
You remind me that I need to put my catcher system up in the shed. Got the wagon hitched up now for moving firewood.

This was easier to get then recent GEC releases.
I kid, I kid. Let's all remember this is a hobby and the hunt is fun. Don't give up on the GEC or knife of your dreams.
:D:D:D
View attachment 1459104
Congrats! That’s a real fine knife.
You’re not kidding about the hunt for new GEC knives! Get an email about open reservations, see it within an hour...RESERVATIONS CLOSED.:D
More power to them! Glad to see them succeeding in business, and happy for those who snag them.
Hope everyone has a great weekend :) My two for today ;) :thumbsup:

WYlz7OJ.jpg

QwXqVsP.jpg
I like the fixed blade, Jack. Curious about the sheath ~ belt vertical or horizontal, or pocket carry? Do you need to keep it discrete?

When my son and his wife lived in “Edinbruh”, they missed Thanksgiving, so they started hosting a Friendsgiving for friends to let their Scot friends taste ‘Mercan food.
@Old Hunter Thanks, I like the Mini-Copperlock a very handy smaller lockback. I've one in Stag too, it's not pretty but it's efficient, it has this bulge in the middle that makes for excellent grip:cool: Think snake that's swallowed something big....:D
Memory flashback. When I was a kid, I found a pheasant’s nest full of eggs. Every day, I checked it, until one day, I found a three foot long fox snake coiled up on it with three egg bulges in it’s belly.

Last edited:
Been with the Forum Knife 18 from Buck for a couple of days, stropped it and it's deadly;) There's a large cardboard box awaiting execution before putting it in the rubbish bin, it will be a quick end:D

These are my 2 favourite Forum Knives the 14 and the 18, very different from each other but both appreciated. Hope this year's knife from Viper will join or even displace them :)

tgwKeh6.jpg

I don’t have a 14 forum knife but I’ll agree with you. Two fine examples:thumbsup:

Thanks for that moment of clarity. I’ve always thought of it as the ‘19 Blade Forums sheepfoot jack, but it is indeed a sailor’s rope knife. Mount a shackle, and it would be a clone of the Camillus issue Navy knife. Not the larger Coast Guard/life raft one, the one that looks just like...that:D

Thank you, Jeff. I just used the name of the knife from the tube. :):D

Back