What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In the 39 years we’ve been married, there have only been a few Christmases that weren’t spent in the mayhem of extended families.

Despite missing that, I think this Christmas is going to be superb. Why, shoot! I even have cans of smoked oysters and sardines to open by the fireplace.
As @JonMcD so eloquently reminded me, it’s not hard to find happiness. Here’s hoping all you here on the porch find it!
Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukah! View attachment 1478973This is a High Carbon 4 blade cattle knife, and a Primble Belknap Hardware serpentine jack. It’s really the only knife I have that I’m compelled to carry in a slip out of fear of damaging the Schrade peachseed.
The fixed blade is an Ideal Products (Solingen), which I think is a budget knock off of a Canadian Belt Knife.

In the 39 years we’ve been married, there have only been a few Christmases that weren’t spent in the mayhem of extended families.

Despite missing that, I think this Christmas is going to be superb. Why, shoot! I even have cans of smoked oysters and sardines to open by the fireplace.
As @JonMcD so eloquently reminded me, it’s not hard to find happiness. Here’s hoping all you here on the porch find it!
Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukah! View attachment 1478973This is a High Carbon 4 blade cattle knife, and a Primble Belknap Hardware serpentine jack. It’s really the only knife I have that I’m compelled to carry in a slip out of fear of damaging the Schrade peachseed.
The fixed blade is an Ideal Products (Solingen), which I think is a budget knock off of a Canadian Belt Knife.
Great trio Jeff and sounds like a great fireside snack:thumbsup: Nanc and I will celebrate 39yrs in August, we usually have a busy Christmas Eve as well but this year will be a little more subdued, yet enjoyable:)

That High Carbon and Primble are great looking knives:cool: Have a Merry Christmas Jeff:)

A festive duo for today.
77S3hS.jpg

Great trio Jeff and sounds like a great fireside snack:thumbsup: Nanc and I will celebrate 39yrs in August, we usually have a busy Christmas Eve as well but this year will be a little more subdued, yet enjoyable:)

That High Carbon and Primble are great looking knives:cool: Have a Merry Christmas Jeff:)
And a very Merry Christmas to you and Nancy as well, Paul!
Thank you.

View attachment 1478985

Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for a great New Year full of pleasant adventures unlike the not so nice surprises of this year.
Ok, I'm notorious for scanning and jumping ahead, I need to slow my roll, I hit the "Like" button and knew I needed to come back to this...WOW is that special!!! what wonderful scrimshaw right there. Looks like a GEC American Jack? tell me more LT

Ok, I'm notorious for scanning and jumping ahead, I need to slow my roll, I hit the "Like" button and knew I needed to come back to this...WOW is that special!!! what wonderful scrimshaw right there. Looks like a GEC American Jack? tell me more LT

I also want to know about the scrimshaw... it's amazing!

Beautiful photo, and anyone who loves smoked oysters is okay by me. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I put on my warm gloves to shovel the driveway this morning. :D

Gz33M74.jpg

I wasn’t sure we were going to get any snow for Christmas. A couple days ago the forecast was a 40% chance for 1” to 3”. It ended up snowing all day yesterday. Hard to say how much, as the wind was blowing it all over the place, but it’s more than 1” to 3”. I had to head out in the truck yesterday to pick up a neighbor who couldn’t get her car up the hill, and it was near whiteout conditions. Thankfully the visibility’s better today.

Ege6Hla.jpg

I’ve got this one with me today.

CydEra7.jpg

Gz33M74.jpg

I wasn’t sure we were going to get any snow for Christmas. A couple days ago the forecast was a 40% chance for 1” to 3”. It ended up snowing all day yesterday. Hard to say how much, as the wind was blowing it all over the place, but it’s more than 1” to 3”. I had to head out in the truck yesterday to pick up a neighbor who couldn’t get her car up the hill, and it was near whiteout conditions. Thankfully the visibility’s better today.

Ege6Hla.jpg

CydEra7.jpg
Merry Christmas Barrett and pass along to your wonderful family as well. Similar temps here but hardly the snow (darn it)!!!:D actually I wouldn't have minded the snow as I have a new Husqvarna snow blower as of last year and only used it once so far:eek:;) heated grips, power steering, LED headlights, I mean what's not to like:p Hug little Eleanor for me from Mister Paul;):D

Gz33M74.jpg

Ege6Hla.jpg

CydEra7.jpg
Perfect timing for snow!
50f yesterday, 10f today, but only teasing little flurries.
Nice of you to help the neighbor lady:thumbsup:

Back