What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

r8shell

Platinum Member
From here, before Christmas.........

.......may the delightful devouring begin

You decided to end 2020 a little early? I don't blame you.

8zYSFRy.jpg

5K Qs

Gold Member
Challenge Cutlery Co. scout knife from the early 1900’s.
8VfwhWk.jpg
Shout out to the scout! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying these two today: Case Mini Copperhead and Case XX Jack.

View attachment 1480274
Superior Sunday pairing, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice to see the Fantastic Four again. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, Gary! Your quintessential quartet of cutlery is always good to see.
Many thanks for the kind words Gary :) It's always good to see your Eternals :thumbsup:
Thanks for the nod to my "constants", John & Dean & Jack. :)

Ebony Lamb to start the day...
Good to have a Black Lamb in the family! ;):cool::cool:

I see a chestnut bone sodbuster junior if not mistaken :thumbsup: :cool:
I am in good company :)
Good eye, Dan! ;) Doesn't have the edge your SBJr has, though! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, it is a mini trapper, might be my favorite Case pattern overall. A gift from my lovely wife!
She picked a great gift! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't care much for a full-sized trapper, but the mini trapper is an entirely different matter.

Thank you.
The Daedalus is a bit quirky, perhaps. Small, but not without bulk and weight. If it fell out of your pocket you'd sense the shift in your center of gravity.
Ornamental, but strongly built.
Here's a picture in strange light.
fOT58WP.jpg

The bigger one's a Northcliffe. Probably more my idiom.
I think I have four CRKTs. I like them all.
Thanks for the CRKT info. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup: You contribute in many ways, my friend.
Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Toting a couple two bladed jacks today, one fairly old and the other kinda new. :)
JJ, your "fairly old" knives are all so pristine! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Clever self-referential photo, Jack! ;):cool::cool:

Excellent choice, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks, José! :)

I don’t know if you knew it, or it’s just one of those unexplicables, but up here, there’s a Columbo re-run on tv every Sunday evening. That was yesterday’s episode.
:eek::D

Moving my son back to Santa Clara today to finish his last semester of college (undergrad).
This will be his first apartment after having lived in the dorms the last three years. He's excited.
Choosing a knife that is Bay Area friendly and I know will be useful for opening up boxes and cutting rope.
I hope the move goes well, John; looks like you have a more-than-capable knife for it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great pic showing off the terrific texture on those knives, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Pile side today on my HHB.
View attachment 1480831
W:eek:W! Both sides of your HHB are "the good side", Bill! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A little Mammoth for Monday. Have a great week!
dpdESJG.jpg
Magnificent Peanut, Gary! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(And I like the "little Mammoth" oxymoron. :D:thumbsup:)

8zYSFRy.jpg
I enjoyed reading about the virtues of that knife in the KotY thread; congrats! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here are some of the knives my rotation schedule assigned me for the last week of 2020.
Alox this week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
pruner.mark.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK for the week is a Vic Recruit:
recruit.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Holub electrician (thanks, Dave):
holub.2.jpg

International knife this week is an oak-handled #8 Opignel my daughter got for me in Spain about 3 years ago:
oPIGnel.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Jack Black

Gold Member
Shout out to the scout! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Superior Sunday pairing, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the nod to my "constants", John & Dean & Jack. :)

Good to have a Black Lamb in the family! ;):cool::cool:

Good eye, Dan! ;) Doesn't have the edge your SBJr has, though! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

She picked a great gift! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't care much for a full-sized trapper, but the mini trapper is an entirely different matter.

Thanks for the CRKT info. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

JJ, your "fairly old" knives are all so pristine! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Clever self-referential photo, Jack! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, José! :)

:eek::D

I hope the move goes well, John; looks like you have a more-than-capable knife for it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great pic showing off the terrific texture on those knives, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

W:eek:W! Both sides of your HHB are "the good side", Bill! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Magnificent Peanut, Gary! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(And I like the "little Mammoth" oxymoron. :D:thumbsup:)

I enjoyed reading about the virtues of that knife in the KotY thread; congrats! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here are some of the knives my rotation schedule assigned me for the last week of 2020.
Alox this week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 1480894

non-Alox SAK for the week is a Vic Recruit:
View attachment 1480896

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Holub electrician (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1480897

International knife this week is an oak-handled #8 Opignel my daughter got for me in Spain about 3 years ago:
View attachment 1480899

- GT

Thanks Gary, a book I was given for Christmas. That Jack Black was even more of a scoundrel than me! :D I love that little Opi :cool: :thumbsup:

Chui

Gold Member

.....well, liking my Christmas Cake moist, I'd poured much, much more brandy in there than was recommended - guess they're approx 15% proof fruit cakes ;) ......and they'd sat there teasing me for ages - and, as you suggest ending the year early, and with no chance of a knees-up with all our chums - we thought why not :D

Old Hunter

Gold Member
@peanutsxx started this with his great photos of a yellow Delrin Case Peanut - gave me an itch that needed scratching. I've got two Peanuts (a third if you count the one my wife borrowed several years ago) - in my stash a brown jigged Delrin Case and this Schrade Old Timer 72OT Dog Leg Jack. I found the Schrade first, so today is its maiden voyage outside of its packaging - not even sure when or where I bought this one, but its been stored away with many cousins for a long time. OH
Schrade-72-OT-with-packaging.jpg

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC