What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

F75-BEBC0-A14-C-4-D78-BBF5-8-B600-F420083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pile side today on my HHB.
View attachment 1480831

Nice to see your other side Bill ;) :D :thumbsup:

A little Mammoth for Monday. Have a great week!
dpdESJG.jpg

Looking good Gary :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1481126
This is a mighty fine pair!

They go together well Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Outstanding! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack!!!

Great backdrop for your Hartshead Barlow; definitely legendary steel!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've got these two in my pocket for the start of the week. :)

Many thanks JJ, nice pair there, I always enjoy seeing that tortoiseshell acrylic :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week got off to a reasonable start. I'm still stuck on the sofa, posting from my phone o_O Sticking with my Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

IMG_20201229_094250709.jpg

Great pic showing off the terrific texture on those knives, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Alox this week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 1480894

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Holub electrician (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1480897

International knife this week is an oak-handled #8 Opignel my daughter got for me in Spain about 3 years ago:
View attachment 1480899

- GT
Thanks, Gary~ you’re very kind. I’ve been taking what I thought were much better photos the last three days, but consistently get the dreaded “TOO LARGE FOR THE SERVER TO PROCESS”.
I had about given up the other day. No matter how much editing and re-sizing, none of my photos were accepted. For some reason though, photos posed on one of my two old tables work.
Probably my satellite based internet.

Schrade Walden 8OT, and from the shape of the blades and swedges probably made by Ulster. What say you Schrade devotees?

JwkinO3.jpg
Well, I have a Craftsman with a main just like that, and @TheChunk91 told me it looked like Ulster, and I think he’s a devotee.
View attachment 1481417

I hope the move goes well, John
Thank you, GT. :)
It went as well as could be expected.

I love that blue color. :cool::thumbsup:

Probably my favorite Peanut sized knife. :cool::thumbsup:

We should do a west coast rendezvous
Yes, maybe in the Spring.
There are many Nor Cal members we could invite.

I'm totally down once the plague clears up
Yes, maybe in the Spring.
There are many Nor Cal members we could invite.

Thanks for the reminder... I need to purchase a Pocket Hunter before they disappear.

Absolutely gorgeous! :cool::thumbsup:

An Old Timer marked Ulster... That's so cool. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you're still laid up, Jack.
I'll be joining you though, resting my back today. :(

GEC hit perfection with that one. :cool::thumbsup:

Got my son moved back to Santa Clara.

Him and a buddy rented an apartment down there, even though the school is being held virtual. There may be some Physics labs they can attend. Sad to see him move back there but happy he's spreading his wings and being independent. It was the usual chaos with traffic, hurt my back unloading things and assembly that stupid IKEA furniture, and my arthritis is at full flare-up in my hands. Worst part is everything is closed, so no stopping on the trip for restrooms or dining. The things we do for our kids. ;)

Had lots of opportunities to use my pocket knife though. That always brings me a little joy and reminds me of better times. The little Case Dogleg Jack sliced like a champ and kept asking for more. It helped my cut my sandwich. It cut cardboard, string, rope, nylon straps, plastic bags holding millions of tiny parts and fasteners (I hate IKEA), and rode comfortably in my pocket the whole trip. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I will be carrying my Usual Lamb and my Old Boker USA Jack...

Sorry to hear you're still laid up, Jack.
I'll be joining you though, resting my back today. :(

GEC hit perfection with that one. :cool::thumbsup:

Him and a buddy rented an apartment down there, even though the school is being held virtual. There may be some Physics labs they can attend. Sad to see him move back there but happy he's spreading his wings and being independent. It was the usual chaos with traffic, hurt my back unloading things and assembly that stupid IKEA furniture, and my arthritis is at full flare-up in my hands. Worst part is everything is closed, so no stopping on the trip for restrooms or dining. The things we do for our kids. ;)

Had lots of opportunities to use my pocket knife though. That always brings me a little joy and reminds me of better times. The little Case Dogleg Jack sliced like a champ and kept asking for more. It helped my cut my sandwich. It cut cardboard, string, rope, nylon straps, plastic bags holding millions of tiny parts and fasteners (I hate IKEA), and rode comfortably in my pocket the whole trip. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John, but I'm really sorry to hear you're in the same boat, and hope it doesn't go on too long. Since like you had your work cut out yesterday (and cut it out well ;) ). I think all my friends and neighbours know I have back problems, but a month doesn't go by without one or more of them asking me to do some heavy lifting o_O Hope you're feeling better soon mate, and that's a nice pair to convalesce with :thumbsup:

Today, I have two favorites. The trapper I bought new in the ‘70s, and the matching stockman kindly given to me by @r8shell.
Several of you have mentioned the pending expiration of the year 2020. In the hopes that 2021 goes better, my knives are posted on the calendar Mrs Fleschwund gave me. Buying a calendar is symbolically an exercise in optimism, right?
Personally, I had a good year, considering that it started on New Years Day with emergency surgery for a burst appendix.
And for Christmas and my birthday combined, she took me shopping (and looking, reading, researching online), and bought me a new-to-me car. The last new car I bought, and it was actually new, was 14 years ago, and even though it’s pushing 400,000 miles, still runs like a top. It’s worth nothing as a trade in or to sell, and the junk yard offered only $250 for it, so I’ll keep it for now. It’s a hatchback, so I can put a huge plastic tote in there and run over to the stables down the road and get manure for the garden.:D Nice to have a utility vehicle that you can dirty up.
Have a great Tuesday!View attachment 1481422View attachment 1481423

One day of skiing in and no broken bones! Light breakfast before hitting the slopes, the patina on this one is developing nicely.View attachment 1481414
I’m no Matlock, but I detect that you must be on a trip. Your profile says Illinois, but you are skiing on slopes. The only ski slopes around here are man made - usually a big pile of landfill with a little dirt and sod topped with white stuff from a snow machine. Nothing to brag about!
But when your first post mentioned 9” of snow predicted, I got excited. I’m a little kid at heart.

I think that’s my favorite Case (the dogleg jack) that I don’t have!:thumbsup:
I share your dis-enthusiasm for that particular furniture retailer, but did you know that on guitar forums, there are threads showing off pedal boards made out of Ickya gorm shelves?
Good for something, I guess.:D

What brand of car is it?
A Scion XA.
I was a salesman driving over 50,000 miles per year. I’d been driving a Jeep Wrangler (which replaced a Cherokee), but if you remember gas prices at that time ~$4./gal... the Scion was incredibly economical and reliable. Made in Japan by Toyota.
Of all the vehicles I’ve had, that I wish I could have kept, there was a ‘76 Power Wagon, and that Cherokee. I had the Cherokee lifted 3”, but blew the transmission playing in mud:eek::oops::rolleyes:.
The Power Wagon was a low geared monster more suited to the Ozarks where we were living at the time. I used to pull Jeeps out of trouble:D

Back