What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@btb01 I hear you about the spreader knives Barrett :D Preferably fixed ;)

ybZTOkR.jpg

And Brie should NOT be spread anyway but CUT in slabs......

I’ll take a flat grind on my pocket knife, and a butter knife for spreading jams, jellies, preserves, nut butters, etc. ;) :D

Good looking safe queens! :D

Wow! Very cool pair, Paul! :cool: :thumbsup:

At first glance (and without zooming in) that looked like a Waynorth tang stamp on that Lambsfoot! (Not that that would make any sense, but that’s what I saw.) :eek: :D

Good to see your Unicorn Ivory #25. Been a while since I carried mine, so I swapped out my 2020 BF Viper I’ve been carrying for it this afternoon. (Old photo.)

fdhFttx.jpg

Here’s another old photo, just for fun. I think that’s yours in the middle there. :thumbsup:

JxWhz4k.jpg

Fantastic trio! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I actually agree wholeheartedly. But I do love to fidget with that Trestle Pine. And I don’t worry about it cutting me! :D:p

I ought to start a thread called “Post your saber grinds and all the stuff they are too thick behind the edge to slice effectively! (Traditionals Only)”:eek:;):)

Titanic trio Gary :) :thumbsup:

Those two pair well Steve :cool: :thumbsup:

...You'd be very well-heeled! :) ;) :thumbsup:

Good to see you back Tom :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, two terrific knives there my friend, and a reminder my own Calf Roper is due some pocket time :) :thumbsup:

Delightful dup Paul :) :thumbsup:

Have a good day folks. Saynor Lambsfoot and a @btb01 -gifted Unicorn Ivory #25 for me today :) :thumbsup:

cIoIcSx.jpg

gx9s1QN.jpg
Thanks Jack, enjoy your day, your covered for a wide assortment of cutting chores:thumbsup:
I’ll take a flat grind on my pocket knife, and a butter knife for spreading jams, jellies, preserves, nut butters, etc. ;) :D

Good looking safe queens! :D

Wow! Very cool pair, Paul! :cool: :thumbsup:

At first glance (and without zooming in) that looked like a Waynorth tang stamp on that Lambsfoot! (Not that that would make any sense, but that’s what I saw.) :eek: :D

Good to see your Unicorn Ivory #25. Been a while since I carried mine, so I swapped out my 2020 BF Viper I’ve been carrying for it this afternoon. (Old photo.)

fdhFttx.jpg

Here’s another old photo, just for fun. I think that’s yours in the middle there. :thumbsup:

JxWhz4k.jpg

Fantastic trio! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Barrett, sporty 25:thumbsup:
Helize made fixed blade and a Schatt folder today.
View attachment 1515945
Really like your Helize Greg, I love his stuff:thumbsup:

Yesterday’s knife, HSB Junior Cattle Knife. Today is my wife’s 65th birthday so we’re going out for a nice dinner, I’ll be carrying my favorite ‘ceremonial knife’ this Case 5318. OH
HSB_9729_Jr._Cattle_Knife_(1).jpg

Case_5318_SS_Medium_Stockman_-_1992_(1).jpg
What kind of traditional knife did she get for her birthday gift, Bruce?:D

Happy birthday to your wife! It is also my wife's birthday today. Going to carry these two for the day. The BF 2020 knife was received in the mail yesterday from a very generous member of the porch as an anonymous GAW. I am really loving it so far! The rams horn feels really nice in hand.
72ZZKUG.jpg
Happy birthday to your wife, too!
Vintage 1095 Old Timer 7OT and vintage "Schrade +" Old Timer 858.View attachment 1515776
Sure like your big bad 858 Stockmen!
Looks like a great knife.;)

What kind of traditional knife did she get for her birthday gift, Bruce?:D
She got what she wanted but she didn’t ask for a knife. She has a small collection of pen knives - she collects knives by seeing one on my desk that appeals to her and by saying ‘I like that’ - it becomes hers! OH
Ps nice Case Whittler - a favorite pattern.

Gary, your eyes are better than mine!
My black box Winchester is indeed a 15 2857 as the tang is stamped like yours, and not a 15 2851.
Must have been a mix up somewhere down the line. I do have the proper box liner, yet incorrect box top it seems. Good catch!
Thanks for the info, Gus. :) Knife storage is hard! :rolleyes: I think I have all of the boxes that came with my knives, but I don't even try to keep each knife with its own box. The knives are in several Plano boxes in a cupboard in the dining room, and the boxes are in a big box in the basement.

Thanks GT. That one was gifted to me by @Modoc ED .
ED is a generous guy! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It certainly would! :eek: :D I had two in my trouser pockets, and one on my belt :) Thank you my friend :) Thanks for the photo of your cane Gary, my staff is pretty much straight, but the top six inches lean slightly. I was intending to straighten it, but don't think I'm going to bother. I've fitted an alpine ferrule, which has a rubber 'boot', and a paracord wrist-loop at the other end. I may whip a section with paracord, but I'm not sure about that yet :thumbsup:
That should make a very serviceable cane.
I used a walking stick last week. Nothing fancy, a little under shoulder high. I felt much more confident walking on the snow and icy sidewalks with it.
rCSzSRj.jpg
Thanks for the staff info, Jack & Rachel; sounds like you know what you're doing! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I still have to learn how to actually use a cane/staff as an aid to walking. Currently, I think my stick would be primarily a burden I bear, rather than a tool I use! :rolleyes:

That's a high quality tro, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
The Albers gets the slip, the Charlie Lamb is too long for it.
Thanks, John. :)
I probably should have noticed that the slip is too short for your ebony WCLF.

Funny you say that—this past Christmas, all four children received their own Fieldmaster, and I told them the story.

No matter which you have, you can’t go wrong with a SAK.
:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

High quality photo of a couple of fine knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Im teaching today, so light duty... I picked this one up on Martha's Vineyard several years ago.
V600LF3l.jpg
I really love the lighthouse knife! I carry a keychain knife that is it’s little brother. I’ll have to put that Camillus on my “odd knives to look for” list!

Those are cool knives with the lighthouse images! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Wow! That 85 is nice! Except for having a coping instead of a pen, it’s identical to my Grandpa’s old Camillus and the duplicate I found to carry. Super comfy in my hand.
Thanks, Jeff; it's a pattern I really enjoy. :) It originally had a pen secondary, but Paul Hilborn modified it to a coping blade, and added the EO notch.

These two today

2MGe4tm.jpg
Dependability on the rocks, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you very much, Gary!!!

Beautiful Black Box Winchester, Gary; I love those old Utica bone covers, very cool!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ; certainly agree about the bone. :)

I've been carrying the four of them in one pocket with no slips. They seem to be fine with it.
I switched to the Vic while oiling the ones I've been carrying all the time.
HzlXjDm.jpg
Keeping that old Vic OUT of my pocket would be a real challenge! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1950's SAK and EO ebony Boy's knife today.
TkjPmK.jpg

Handsome red/black combo, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I should put learning something about dating SAKs on my list of projects.

I'm carrying this Case Sowbelly stockman today.

View attachment 1514936
Magnificent knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Broken record at this point, Boker Barlow Expedition and Alox Cadet again in the pockets for this week.
original.jpg
Hard to believe mine is less than 4 months old, looks quite a bit different. Clean and almost shiny (recycled) pic when new back in November:
original.jpg
W:eek:W! That's quite a change in 4 months, and looks fantastic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hopefully I come to love this Buck 705 as I do the Case Texas jack here.

I just hope I don't come to favor it more than my 305.
Congrats on the new Buck pen knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying my large Rosewood Lambsfoot today, and a Random Tuesday Antonini Old Bear :thumbsup:

Cs8EqUE.jpg
Worthy wood pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

For Trapper Tuesday...
Commendable couple of classics, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I’m going to tote this pair for a few days!
View attachment 1515178View attachment 1515180
The 6308 Whittler is an eight dot, 1972.
The Victorinox Fisherman was a Christmas gift from my best wife many years ago, and it was carried daily~and used for much more than fishing~ for a long time. Yesterday, some of you were posting hopeful pics of fly rods, which made me jump on that idea. Maybe this will help bring it.
When I wade my local river for smallmouth, I leave everything behind except this stainless SAK. I confess that the scissors is the most used tool.
Last year, I regretted not having a camera, because I caught two 20” bass on consecutive casts at my favorite cut bank. I’m just afraid of damage, because even though there’s almost a mile of knee deep wading, there are a couple of chest deep places to get through.
The one time I cut across the fields to get there, I came home literally crawling with ticks, so wading it is!
Have a great Tuesday!
I enjoyed the stories about the Vic Fisherman and about Fisherman Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
But what I'm really wondering about is the ice in the first photo. Did you make an ice sculpture of the fish depicted on the knife??!?? :eek::eek::thumbsup: I know you've got skilz, but that's crazy!

- GT

Back