What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I would imagine I'm not the only one who does this from the porch, but I probably handle 5 or 6 different knives per day on the weekends. What is wrong with us? haha
I’ll take three or four knives out with me when I go out to the deck or garage to have a cigar. :D I enjoy messing around with them, looking at them, opening and closing them. That’s why action is really important to me, the sound and feel is very satisfying.:thumbsup:
Todd

dpDWce0.jpg
Gorgeous! :cool::thumbsup:

Looks like a Double #74 Day for you. :cool::thumbsup:

I would imagine I'm not the only one who does this from the porch, but I probably handle 5 or 6 different knives per day on the weekends.
You are definitely not alone. I'll rotate through three or four knives on the weekdays alone... more on the weekends. I have several knives I carry daily, but not all at the same time. Like my Rosewood Lambsfoot, my #66 Jack, and my #55 Houndstooth have to see pocket time every day or I feel like I'm neglecting them. :D

action is really important to me, the sound and feel is very satisfying.
I'm the same way. The action on the knife is more important that the F&F to me. I can have a gorgeous knife, but if the action is missing it doesn't get carried. Probably why I like strong pulls so much too.

In my pocket with this Portuguese knife from Veríssimo-M. Douro, in stag.;):thumbsup:
... ...
What an admirable knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Distinctive dark duo, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No Micarta today, these two wooden beauties were calling my name instead...
Gran lobo malo!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What a pair, John!

Today’s wet one requires a slim and serious model, Schrade Walden Razor ad. pen.
View attachment 1544721
A great Monday and week to all:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Stellar steel pen knife, Gus! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great to see that original brass dogs knife, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The Silver Bullet is looking good, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) I like the old Imperials and Colonials that were the inexpensive knives of their day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two Case jacks today.

View attachment 1544879
Pleasing pair, Dean, with the peerless patina on the teardrop! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Put that light reading to music, and call it Pink Freud!
:D:thumbsup::D

Here you go, Jeff. IMO the Full sized folding hunter is massive; the pocket hunter is small but not tiny.

View attachment 1544943
Cool size comparison photo, and outstanding scrimshaw on your big folding hunter!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Just received this Ebony AW&S Lambsfoot in the mail today
It is immaculate. Had to have been cherry picked for me
Like getting a GEC finished knife from AW&S ... and the AWESOME ...

PR0Y6pa.jpg
Congrats on getting a well-made lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Monday at my storage, so I brought these two in micarta and metal. :)
Fantastic Farmer, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(I know nothing about fixed blades, so I tend to ignore them. :rolleyes:)

These 2 today : Sooner or later all my knives get their picture taken on the Box .

Harry
Outstanding, curvaceous stag/bone pair, Harry! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Part of Terrific Tuesday carry !
WsXyEog.jpg
Your rough black sowbelly stockman is superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My Random Tuesday knife grab handed me a Schrade 'Landshark' today, which is in my pocket with my trusty Hartshead Barlow :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

PcACnGJ.jpg

XUV6DwR.jpg
Interesting pairing through "the luck of the draw", Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: How do you like the Landshark EO notch in hand while using the knife? I imagine opinions will differ depending on hand size and grip, but for me, it's a very comfortable resting place for a finger.

Venerable, but vivacious!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Trapper Tuesday All...
Practical pair, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I never considered that mini trappers would be welcome entries for participation in Trapper Tuesday; that might change my life! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I just want to share a few quick pictures of my newest acquisition Moki Kronos with flamed bone covers. One of the sharpest knives out of the box. F&F are nearly perfect.
fImoD5h.jpg

Gerd
Congrats on the impressive jigged bone Moki! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For TC Tuesday, I'm carrying the Scratted Ancient one.

View attachment 1545298
IMHO, Scrat is where it's at! :cool::cool:;)

Sitting here, day 6 of 8-10 weeks of foot healing up after surgery. Got this one out to play with today. Prolly won’t cut much of anything.
View attachment 1545341
I hope your recovery and rehab go well and you'll be back dancing all night long ASAP! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case and Buck

alpJYVe.jpg
Lots of interesting pics with your 110 challenge going on, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Almost everything looks small next to the big Buck folder.

Finally getting around to posting my carry today. A couple of tortoiseshells for today.
View attachment 1545452
Terrific tortoise twins, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Wouldn't it be great if they were a breeding pair that would periodically present you with a litter (clutch?) of baby tortoise shell knives?? :rolleyes:

I think that "new Queen" Barlow looks really good! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is it a well-made knife?

- GT

JohnDF JohnDF
Sure is pal, although the bone may have looked better on the apricot tree:oops:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary!
Absolutely a joy to carry, although one slip and pooof! It’s so slim, it doesn’t take much to vanish. I guess that’s why they used to be supplied (missing) with a vinyl slippy:)

View attachment 1547744
One foot in each camp, playing for both teams. Stag for Stagurday, & Schrade for Schradurday.
Single blade jack in elk I made out of a TL-29, and a 293Y Trapper which I’ve had for a while, but never carried since I have my old one I used to carry/use in the ‘70s and ‘80s. View attachment 1547747Easy Open notches are not always attractive, but can sometimes be required. This is one of those times. This knife will fold your thumbnail if you’re not careful.

Some of you were talking about changing knives during the course of a day. I’m the polar opposite. I pick them the night before, or 1st thing in the morning, and stick with my choice(s) the rest of the day. I guess I figure that there’s always tomorrow for a different knife.
Have a great spring Saturday, and keep those knife photos coming!

What a pair, John!
Thank you, GT. :)

Practical pair, John!
Thanks again, GT. :)

I never considered that mini trappers would be welcome entries for participation in Trapper Tuesday
I think they are Trappers... Says it right in the name. ;) :D

although the bone may have looked better on the apricot tree
I'm torn... I like bone better than Micarta, but that Micarta #74 you have is really nice looking. :cool::thumbsup:

Terrific tortoise twins, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Wouldn't it be great if they were a breeding pair that would periodically present you with a litter (clutch?) of baby tortoise shell knives?? :rolleyes:
- GT
YES! :thumbsup: That would be the stuff of dreams! Since I can’t find a 14 in tortoise maybe I can raise one!:D:D:D
Todd

I'm the same way. The action on the knife is more important that the F&F to me. I can have a gorgeous knife, but if the action is missing it doesn't get carried. Probably why I like strong pulls so much too.
When I got my J Adams Lambfoot my son couldn’t open it at first, and he asked how I can like a knife with such a strong pull. I opened it a little and then had him snap it open, he looked at me and said, “Oh, yeah!” :D

I bought this pretty good user grade 1950’s schrade walden 861. Apparently it was somebody’s tackle box knife, pretty good shape considering that. It only needed a light cleaning of rust and dirt that was in the jigging of the bone. Fresh edges and it’s ready to go to work.

06B187FB-F767-48D2-9384-8CEDCB2FE154.jpeg 61D65761-4A25-4F25-959B-78174B7C1061.jpeg

I bought this pretty good user grade 1950’s schrade walden 861. Apparently it was somebody’s tackle box knife, pretty good shape considering that. It only needed a light cleaning of rust and dirt that was in the jigging of the bone. Fresh edges and it’s ready to go to work.

View attachment 1547753 View attachment 1547754
I like that :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Its classy and vintage and well made and I like that I wouldn't be afraid to use it :thumbsup: :)
Good find.

Back