What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I bought this pretty good user grade 1950’s schrade walden 861. Apparently it was somebody’s tackle box knife, pretty good shape considering that. It only needed a light cleaning of rust and dirt that was in the jigging of the bone. Fresh edges and it’s ready to go to work.

View attachment 1547753 View attachment 1547754
What a couple of pieces of bone there!!
Enjoy :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF
Thanks!! On that one with that shape & shield, perfect fit:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Smooth white bone American Jack and small Tinker:)
GJhl6W.jpg

That is awesome man. Your dad sounds like a great guy. Clapton had me reconsidering my professional choices haha. Should have been a rock star! The acoustics in there are 2nd to none. We were in the 11th row and I may have well been floating because it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. We were talking to the people sitting behind us at the show and they happened to live 5 minutes away from me in Florida. Small world.
FM7GBRW.jpg
Crazy small world. I’m still trying to be a rock star!

e-gads:eek: Gotta go to town and feed the niece's dang cat again today. Will probably go late to tie the "cat run" in with dinner time. The cat - actually there are two them - is a pesky devil so we might have to fight our way in and out of the niece's house and that's going to call for a sturdy, stout, knife. This Case CV 6292 "Texas Jack" should do nicely so it'll go with me.

EXUePpm.jpg

We're gonna have to do this again tomorrow:eek: so I'll be thinking about which knife to tote tomorrow.

e-gads:eek: Gotta go to town and feed the niece's dang cat again today. Will probably go late to tie the "cat run" in with dinner time. The cat - actually there are two them - is a pesky devil so we might have to fight our way in and out of the niece's house and that's going to call for a sturdy, stout, knife. This Case CV 6292 "Texas Jack" should do nicely so it'll go with me.

EXUePpm.jpg

We're gonna have to do this again tomorrow:eek: so I'll be thinking about which knife to tote tomorrow.
That should do the trick! Beauty Ed!:thumbsup:

EXUePpm.jpg

lol.gif

EXUePpm.jpg

I think I found a picture of one of your neice’s cats.
Gonna need a bigger knife.

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-17_11-20-59.gif
    upload_2021-4-17_11-20-59.gif
    182 KB · Views: 16
Thank you, Jack! It’s always good to see your Heartshead. The stag is so impressive!

Thanks a lot Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Interesting pairing through "the luck of the draw", Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: How do you like the Landshark EO notch in hand while using the knife? I imagine opinions will differ depending on hand size and grip, but for me, it's a very comfortable resting place for a finger.

Thanks Gary, interesting question. I take your point about the EO notch providing a resting place for the finger, and while I don't find it incongruous, I do find the notch completely unnecessary in terms of opening the blade. It's as if someone had ordered the pattern over the phone or something :thumbsup:

When I got my J Adams Lambfoot my son couldn’t open it at first, and he asked how I can like a knife with such a strong pull. I opened it a little and then had him snap it open, he looked at me and said, “Oh, yeah!” :D

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Your Abbeydale Jack makes an absolutely stunning partner to your Hartshead; have a great weekend!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, I always enjoy carrying my Abbeydale Jack :) :thumbsup:

Back