What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you kindly, Jack!!! Towards the end of Robeson's business (late 50s) they started using Delrin instead of their higher cost strawberry bone covers.
I guess that's true with a lot of firms JJ, the same with other synthetics. That jigged Delrin looks good though, and it's a fantastic knife :) :thumbsup:
Bret Dowell 'Saddlehorn'
3lb Brownie on a Grey Wolf

Nice catch! :cool: :) :thumbsup:
ZWHFRYq.jpg
Posted in the Guardians thread, but had to share here! Hope you all have a smooth week!
Looking good Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Got my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow with me today, and a Random Tuesday Pruner by Richartz :) :thumbsup:

Sj7xZsc.jpg

rlca3Xs.jpg

Notable pair, Tyler!

@mbkr - Thanks much!!
rsLgyuj.jpg
I'm a big fan of that Opinel! I often think that a #6 or #7 Opinel is the only knife I'd really NEED, and it would probably cut better than most other knives that are better looking.

Definitely three beauties for you today, Gary; those beefy stag covers on your "Man Jack" are super cool! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice trio today, Gary!
I concur with JJ’s approval of that stag. Great contrast between white and brown bark.
Thanks, JJ & Jeff. Full disclosure: the other side of the knife has more "anemic" stag.
MJ.mark.Vback.post.jpg

Awesome to see that peanut still making the rotation. That was some time ago.
I think that was almost 7 years ago. I carry ALL my knives, and I have many more than I started with, so many of them only show up for one week or two weeks each year. But I think I only have 13 knives categorized (by me) as "peanut-like", so those cycle around every 13 weeks or 4 times per year.

Today was our daughter Scout’s first birthday. When she was born last year (which was quite an experience in those first couple months of the pandemic), I had this Tidioute #15 “Scout” in my pocket. This photo was taken at the hospital a couple hours after she was born.

qjM5t4D.jpg

Some of you may remember that I take a photo of Eleanor with her Bull Nose every year on her birthday, so of course I have to do the same with Scout. Here she is with her #15 today.

q3vLOfa.jpg

We took the girls to the zoo (Scout’s first time), which was a lot of fun.
Belated first birthday wishes to Scout!! Great post, Barrett; looks like a good time was had by all at the zoo!

If there was another day between Saturday and Sunday, I'd probably carry a different pocket knife
But this Stag PEANUT with Worked Bolsters is Sunday Morning's ride along
Sunday I'm generally half asleep. Just hope I don't absent-mindedly toss it in the collection plate D'OH !!!

SOLLf1j.jpg

Look at the range of Peanuts!
That's a high-class Peanut, Jim, and your yellow Delrin is a classic, qmether qmether !

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) My Sunday totes are one of my Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs, and a Case Stockman :thumbsup:

mTZfzps.jpg

CSn1Dfr.jpg
Desirable duo, Jack! The DamSamLamb is outstanding, and the Case stockman is iconic!

It’ll be an ‘EZE Sunday here alright...
View attachment 1564975
A splendid and peaceful one to all.
You're the Rajah of Robesons, Gus!

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ thanks, GT!

A jack and a hawk, a first cup of coffee, and a foggy morning stroll to check out the garden.View attachment 1564977View attachment 1564978
Is that hawkbill Hen & Rooster new to you, Jeff? That is a high-end pruner!!

Thanks Gary, I wish I would have gotten a single blade in those covers when they were available. Wasn’t sure I was going to like them from the website picture, it’s much better than the photo.👍

I don’t know what it is about the RR whittlers, but they are just kind of cool, really liking this one.😊
:thumbsup: :cool: :cool:

A grand Peanut, GT. 🤠 :thumbsup:
They do such a good job with their jigged Delrin, looks so much like bone.
Thanks, John. Definitely desirable Delrin!

My Sunday Totes...
Nice pair John, that Case Jack is on my list the next time I go to a Case dealer.👍
Thank you, Todd. :)
I think the Case Medium Jack is the perfect knife to pull out and use in the general public... very people friendly.
John, you should get a commission on the medium jacks Case sells! You've got me looking at them now, and I'm not normally drawn to 2-blade jacks. (Although I'm almost certain my Dad carried a series of clip/pen jacks, not Case for sure, when I was a lad, so maybe there's some genetic or nostalgia factor at work here, too.)

We're housebound for the weekend and for tomorrow too. Since only light chores are likely to come up, yesterday I picked out an old Camillus 72Y Whittler to carry. Today it's an old Imperial Easy Open Jack with jigged green bone covers from the 1932 - 1956 period.

View attachment 1565158
View attachment 1565159
That Imperial is impressive, ED!

These two Schrades ended up in my pocket as Sunday slicers. :)
Handsome Heritage pair, JJ!

Same knife today as pretty much every day.
That Okapi is commendable, Tom! I have one very similar to yours, and since I'm not very mechanically inclined, I can sit mesmerized watching how the backspring works as I open and close the blade.

Keen Kutter Cattle and a Camillus Barlow

Nwx4sr0.jpg
Primo, practical pair, Steve! I like the blade combo on the cattle knife.

With A.Wright & Son (HB Barlow) in Rosewood today.
That's a robust rosewood Hartshead Barlow, José!

Thank you, Gary, for your comments. I was wearing waterproof boots; I always do on my trail hikes because I never know what I'll run into. :)
You're a wise man, Dean!

I carried these two today.

View attachment 1565328
Phenomenal pair of knives!

That’s a Buck Knife built by Camillus in the 1970’s, it is a single spring knife. I always liked the fact that this model offered a choice of blades.

Thanks! Case is the only knife company I know of that their jigged Delrin gets mistaken for jigged bone on a regular basis! OH
Thanks for the additional info, Bruce.

Got bored while the Internet was down yesterday, so I changed my carry a day or four early.

On Belt: Marbles MR417 two blade slipjoint folding hunter with real genuine faux Stag covers.
In Pocket a (quote-unquote) "Remington" ( made by Camillus, I think) canoe with real genuine faux Stag covers.

Normally not shown, but always with me, as it "lives' in the tote/shopping bag of my primary Rollator, a Morakniv Number 1 with "Carbone" blade. (I sanded off the IMHO really ugly red paint... most of it anyway ...)

Yes, it is not an optical illusion. Both blades on the folding hunter are about 1/4 inch (6,35 mm) longer than the Morakniv blade.
View attachment 1565395
Terrific trio!

Carried this old Remington the past 2 days. As tight and snappy as any knife I own, and a nice thin main blade that takes a sharp edge
View attachment 1565476
That's a splendid jack, Greg! Good-looking jigging, and I like that secondary blade shape.

- GT

Indeed! That Barlow is so good. I can’t really imagine getting a late model Case that has fit and finish any better than that little dude. I just happened to walk into a shop that sold Case in Chattanooga - way after everything was gone online - and they had this one CV Barlow hanging out in the display. Sometimes you just get knife-blessed and you gotta roll with it.
That Case barlow looks excellent. 👍. It’s too bad they only made them for a short time.

Nice to see the Rosewood getting a little love. 🤠 :thumbsup:
John, you should get a commission on the medium jacks Case sells!
Clip and Pen Jacks are among my favorites for sure.
Especially the Case Medium Jack. It's almost as small as the Peanut, certainly doesn't take up much more room in the pocket. But I find the blade size on the Medium to be so much more useful and the handle just long enough to be comfortable. It's my go-to knife when I'm looking for something small and people friendly. You should definitely get one. ;)

Voos and a Queen DFC were in the pockets today.
View attachment 1566094
I’d already chosen for today, but you almost sent me up to pick a Voos!
Pruner by Richartz :) :thumbsup:

rlca3Xs.jpg
Great tang stamp, JB!
Is that hawkbill Hen & Rooster new to you, Jeff? That is a high-end pruner!!
- GT
Fairly new, Gary. JonMcD JonMcD sent it to me last year. Twas a bit of a surprise. A pleasant surprise. I’ll paraphrase one of those old westerns where the cowboys are peering out into the dark...

Yeah, it sure is nice. Too nice.

I kind of hate to mess it up with sap!

Last edited:
Desirable duo, Jack! The DamSamLamb is outstanding, and the Case stockman is iconic!
Thanks Gary, I appreciate your multi-quoting efforts :) :thumbsup:
Nice to see the Rosewood getting a little love. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Happy Tuesday Everybody.
Carrying the Ironwood Lamb and a Case Mini Trapper for Trapper Tuesday.
Thanks John, long overdue! :D It's great to see Skol, and he pairs nicely with your Mini Trapper :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Back