What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

kgD5Osf.jpg

Knife is just like me . Banged up and alot of patina but still works. Have a beautiful weekend dwellers.
That’s a sweet old barlow, Dave!
If the forum knife scales looked just like that, I would not bellyache one bit.

One of our nieces just moved into their new home yesterday so, were going to go over there and see how they're getting along with the move in. Of course this'll require a stop at the Wagon Wheel Cafe for Brunch. Can't watch a lot of people work on an empty stomach. I'll need a nice heavy knife so I'll be carrying this Buck 500 Duke with me. Don't get me wrong here. I don't plan on doing anything heavy or anything at all for that matter. I'm just carrying a big heavy knife so it can be in solidarity with all the other big heavy knives that will be there being used by people actually doing work.

1624117884810.png

Last edited:
JohnDF JohnDF
John that pairing and pouch today are Gawgeous with a nice pair of old worn blue jeans!!!
Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Wunderful pics and species my good man!!
Catdaddy2 Catdaddy2
Such a lurvly knaf!!
Well, thank you, Gus!
One of our nieces just moved into their new home yesterday so, were going to go over there and see how they're getting along with the move in. Of course this'll require a stop at the Wagon Wheel Cafe for Brunch. Can't watch a lot of people work on an empty stomach. I'll need a nice heavy knife so I'll be carrying this Buck 500 Duke with me. Don't get me wrong here. I don't plan on doing anything heavy or anything at all for that matter. I'm just carrying a big heavy knife so it can be in solidarity with all the other big heavy knives that will be there being used by people actually doing work.

View attachment 1585536
If you need an excuse to take that knife, that’s as good as any.

Almost the same as last week?
Both are a BTI Old Timer.
25OT two blade slipjoint folding hunter (has brown leather sheath) on belt, paired with an 858OT Lumberjack stockman in the right front pocket.
View attachment 1585564
Yes all edges were just freshed up.
25OT is a even 15 DPS on both mark and pile sides on both blades.
The 858OT has 10 DPS on clip. The Sheepsfoot and Spey/Budding are at 15 DPS on the mark and pile sides.

(pssst ... Hey Case ... A two spring large stockman with no blade rub! Blade rub don't "go with the pattern" as you allege. My $9.99 two spring Rough Ryder stockmans also lack blade rub. What's your excuse?)

Last edited:
Back