What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The tascosa is my main carry today with my trusty viper as a back up.

BhXYzC7.jpg

hYeDoP9.jpg

phM7H5B.jpg

It's my Schrade Dark Pick Bone Fire & Ice Trapper for the ride to town today. Can't wait to get there as it's Chicken Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and white gravy today at the Wagon Wheel Cafe. It was a successful trip to the Dentist yesterday so, I'm ready to chomp on anything - errrrrrrrrr gum on anything.

1628177140157.png

Thrifty Thursday ...
Thrift Store find. Wood, Brass and Stainless Spear Point (3 5/32" closed).
This thing is sharp, but not sure about edge retention yet.
No idea what kind of wood but would probably guess wrongly, India Rosewood or Padauk.
The knife is made out of China though ... says so on the pile side of the blade tang.
It isn't a bad two dollar knife. I actually rather like this little knife. It's better than the used price would indicate.

rMAvUS3.jpg

rLIXxQS.jpg

Inspired by JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , I'm adding a Carl Kammerling Electrician's Knife to my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

6siPf1s.jpg

xieWZRm.jpg

There’s an electrician I had never seen before. Nice! And thanks for the looksee.

A trio of excellence.

View attachment 1614048

Last night I put fresh edges on the old shapleigh. So easy to sharpen and gets very sharp, then subsequently cuts like the dickens.

View attachment 1614049

Never tire of seeing your Shap, Paul, and I don’t need to wonder why it’s one of your regulars!
By the way, what model is your Vic?

Thanks buddy, glad you're back safe and sound :) Handsome addition to your Lamb today :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Mike :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

The Porch isn't the sleepy place it once was Gary! :D :) :thumbsup:

Great-looking pairing Tom :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Great pair of workers there JJ :cool: I've got a busy day myself, and I think I'll slip an Electrician's Knife in my pocket :thumbsup:

Wow, well done Barrett, they are not the easiest thing to get right :) :thumbsup:

You're lucky they're not the only faults buddy :thumbsup: I had a deal with that firm that they would only do threaded bolsters (which it took them several attempts to get right) for my Guardians SFOs. Their dishonesty and declining quality is the reason I don't deal with them anymore :thumbsdown:

Inspired by JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , I'm adding a Carl Kammerling Electrician's Knife to my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

6siPf1s.jpg

xieWZRm.jpg

Thanks Jack, right back at you :).

This one for me today.

Our blackberries ended 2 weeks ago, or so. We're enjoying a bumper crop of patio 🍅 right now. I can eat them with every meal!

You're usually about a month ahead of us when it comes to blackberries, certainly more this year, and the tomatoes are still green. Enjoy your tomatoes my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great pair of workers there JJ :cool: I've got a busy day myself, and I think I'll slip an Electrician's Knife in my pocket :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!! It's certainly a handy pattern :) :thumbsup:
Inspired by JJ Cahill JJ Cahill JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , I'm adding a Carl Kammerling Electrician's Knife to my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

6siPf1s.jpg

xieWZRm.jpg
Your CK electrician is quite a cool looking partner for your Hartshead beauty, today; I really like the stamped instructions, too! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back