What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Toting a couple of GECs for Thursday. :)
Quality pair JJ :) I've just had my Hartshead Barlow with me today :thumbsup:

nuhiAA2.jpg

I had a red linen 71. I gave it to a friend. Just had too much belly for my everyday use.
That's exactly what keeps the #71 from being a daily carry for me.
I like those Wharncliffe Trappers, two super handy blades. 🤠:thumbsup:
I think that's a great pairing John
Thank you, Jack. :)
but I'm not sure I'll ever get round to it
Haha... 🤣
That's why it's paired with a Lamb, it takes over when there's a tip needed.
Stout looking pair of knives John!
Thank you, Todd. :)
Have a great day everyone!
You too, my friend. :)
That looks super comfy... I bet I'd fall asleep in that chair within 5 minutes.
Looks like the sheep disappeared. ;)

Probably good that you confiscated her Nifebrite rather than her teacher; not a great first impression for anyone involved to get busted and suspended for violating some zero-tolerance policy! 🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup:

😁😁

Is Eleanor excited about Kindergarten, or does she have years of pre-school under her belt already, so no big deal?

She’s been very excited about kindergarten, and seems to love it so far. She had just started part-time pre-school (a couple days a week) in Jan. or Feb. of 2020, and she only got to go for a month or so before Covid. (She did start back at it earlier this summer, which hopefully had helped ease the transition to kindergarten.)

Yesterday I swapped out the Nifebrite #71 for this one in OD Green Linen Micarta, which is still in my pocket today.

MRvaSw6.jpg

Pretty cool... Did you do the Sheepsfoot yourself?

That looks great :thumbsup::thumbsup: Have you put a nick on it yet?

I like that mod Bruce! 😎👍

Thank you gents. Yes, I cut the blade yesterday with a Dremel tool and shaped the curve with hand files. I also cut a nail nick in the pile side of the blade. I am pleased with my Sheepfoot blade shape but only tolerant of my nail nick. The nail nick proved to be the hardest part to figure out with limited tools (dremel and files). I did blue it with gun blue this morning (the interior of the nick) so it looks better. I think I can work the shape a bit more to get it even on both sides. I’ll take a photo and post it here later. My first significant blade mod - thanks for the support. OH

Case_3207_CV_Trapper_Jack.jpg

Last edited:
Back