What was the first pocket knife you bought?

My first knife I ever carried was an old Barlow my grandpa gave me :D

I think I bought a Gerber Paraframe before a Buck 110.

The first knife I bought myself was a Barlow, sometime in the mid-fifties. You could get them at any feed store or hardware for about $3. I made $2 a week mowing grass, plus $0.50 a week for my paper route back then, so money was no object.
A Case Barlow was the first "good" knife that I purchased. Imperials preceded it. Believe it was about $20 at the local hardware store back then. Wore that knife completely out. I liked how you stated that "money was no object".... classic!

This would be interesting to see. My first pocket knife I bought was a Benchmade Griptillian in October, 2017. I got it custom on the site with satin 20cv blade, black g10 handle and screws. I copied my brother but I don't regret it.

Mine was a standard, black Gerber LST. It was after Fiskars bought the brand I believe, but before they ruined it. My dad still has the knife.

I bought a gerber gator at Wally World with birthday money when I was about 10 or so. I was only allowed to carry and/or use it when I was camping, hunting, or fishing; and in the presence of my father or grandfather. The first decent knife I bought was a cold steel ak-47 at 14. the clerk at the knife store dgaf, he also introduced me to benchmade and I eventually saved for a Stryker in 1998.

Victorinox Camper with the Camping branding. I still have it, but it's long since been retired.

The op asked about the first knife we purchased, not owned. That would have been a completely diffevent thing.

The op asked about the first knife we purchased, not owned. That would have been a completely diffevent thing.

Exactly.
And the first I payed for I had to have an adult purchase for me, but it was my money.
If I look hard enough I may actually have the crappy little lockback around somewhere but it's not worth seeing.

Back