what was your first knife?

my first knife was an imperial schrade that my dad gave me when i was a kid. i had that knife with me at all times. when i woke up in the morning after putting on my clothes it was always the first thing i grabbed and put in my pocket. if i ever forgot it i felt like i was naked. i took that thing to shooting ranges, dug the tops out of bullets with it, whittled with it, it was always with me when i went camping(especially), when i went hunting(especially), then the scales fell off and still it didn't matter i had that thing for years until one day i got a new one and i gave it to a girl i was sweet on and she loved it too. the only thing i have aside from the memory is a scar on my thumb from when i was whittling with it while hunting with my dad for 2 weeks in the woods and i learned one of my first lessons with a knife about not cutting towards myself and it stabbed me in the thumb and skidded around the bone. i then gave the knife back to my dad and told him never to let me have a knife again. it only took about a week before i wanted it back and to this day i have owned over 400 knives and i always give people i really like a knife as a gift. i also have many more scars but, none that i regret.

my first new knife was in early 70's, it was the black handled lockback with stainless blade from sears. i still have it, and have since bought the white handled version with carbon blade.

mine was a Camillus Cub Scout knife still have it but ive put it with my historical and memorable knives collection instead of my edc rotation

Buck 110. My grandfather bought it for me in the early 60's. I still have it.

My very first knife was a low quality jack knife with the plastic scales broke off that I found by the creek when I was 8 or so. But my first real knife was a Victorinox Climber that my stepdad gave me when I was 11.

Ka-Bar 3 bladed stockman...around 1954, at age 8 or 9. Wish I still had it.

I do have my late father's Uncle Henry stockman. He carved many a peach-seed animal with it (monkies, armadillos, razor-back hogs, etc).
It'll go to my son when I'm gone.

Yellow handled Case Trapper. It was my grandfathers and is still usable. Gifted it to my uncle last Christmas. He teared up a little.

My first knife was a Case Camper (Cub Scout knife) that my grandfather gave to me when I was about 9 years old.

Victorinox SAK. I believe it was the 'Bantam' model...it was hunter green with nothing but a blade and a bottle opener. Carried it all over algonquin park, used the hell out of it at my first real job, used it to help with renovations and landscaping around the house, pretty much every knife task was taken care of by this thing.

Then it dropped out of my pocket while walking home from work one day. By the time I realized it was gone, it was gone forever. I went back to look for it, but never found it. Turns out Hunter Green blends in really well with grass. :(

An old equal end jack that I adopted out of the tool drawer when I was somewhere between 6 & 8 in the late 1950's. Carbon steel blades. The scales were jigged black something or other. I carried it for years until my father gave me a new knife for my 12th birthday.

First real knife was a Solingen , bone handled hunter with Leather sheath received from a friend of my Dad's in Xmas of '72. ( I was 10) Still got it. Shelved it many years ago for old time's sake.

Cub Scout knife in the late '70s. Don't know the brand but I remember it being purchased at Sears.

Back