What was your first Spyderco?

My first was a G-10 Rookie with a blade made from ATS-55. I still have it and it's still a great knife. The only reason I don't carry it is because I usually carry left-handed these days....well, and because I love the PM2!

Guess it over 40 years old. I think it was called the standard. If you know, let me know. Did a little facelift to the SS as there were quite a few marks over the years. Still have it.
P1010005_zps66b2b505.jpg

Pretty sure the first Spyderco knives weren't produced until the early 80s. So it may be around 30 years old but I don't think it is 40+ years. Just an FYI.

mine was a resilience now i own the whole value folder line and my current carry is the manix2 light weight its blue i like blue lol and i really like spyderco's

Wally World Native was my introduction, I think it cost me $39.00. in 2006.

History

The first product Spyderco produced was the Portable Hand in 1976, this "spider-shaped device", which gave the company its name, was a series of angles, ball joints and alligator clips that helped people such as jewelers and hobbyists work with small parts. Spyderco's Founder, Sal Glesser, and his wife Gail, converted an old bread delivery truck into a motor-home and traveled to shows. As they became more successful, they graduated from the bread truck to a truck and trailer. They settled in Golden in November 1978. Spyderco began producing knife sharpeners in 1978, and produced their first folding knife, the C01 Worker, in 1981. This knife was the first to feature a round hole in the blade designed for fast, one-handed opening, which is now the company's trademark. Additionally, the company claims that this was the first knife to feature a pocket clip on the right side of the handle... Spyderco Wikipedia

My first was a blue Tenacious, funny story too. I got it and thought it was too nice to use but then I got a PM2 a few weeks later and I've been using the crap out of it for about a year now. The Tenacious to this day has not cut anything haha. I had a cricket in there somewhere too but I traded it for a benchmade mini ritter griptilian. My next will be a waved delica me thinks.

My first Spyderco was an Endura Clipit with a fully serrated G2 blade. I had it for quite awhile and use it every day.

It started with the Bug, then Dragonfly 2 and a Military. And I am not going to stop there!

Resilience. Awesome, huge blade for the price. I had some blade play issues after a few months, Spyderco put a new blade on it! Great knife! I'm saving up for a military or police. Love those big blades!

Back