What will be your first CRK knife purchase in 2013?

My first was an umnumzaan, then a large sebenza with ladder damascus which I exchanged for a CF sebenza, I didn't really like the damascus for some reason??

My first damascus is waiting patiently at the post office for me.
Raindrop, can't wait to check it out.
Gonna send it off to get a carbon fiber scale...

Here it is I bought it because it doesnt have the Idaho stamp on it.

file-96.jpg

Some time this year I am getting an Umnumzaan. May not be very soon but it is happening I tell you! My Sebenza could use a CRK friend. If I didn't get the Officer from Sacha Thiel I would already be a proud owner of one.

I'm waiting for more info on the 25. Well, and, obviously for it to actually become more available :D

Not sure yet if I want the Large 25, or wait until the Small 25 comes out... which might not be till 2014 I think I read somewhere?

I'm not really sure that there will be a small 25. If so, it probably won't match the large in design. I can't see a small handle with the double choil. Guess we'll see.

I just picked up a large regular with a LSCF scale and a Mammoth Bark/Raindrop Damascus Mnandi off the exchange here. Can't wait to get them.

I'm not really sure that there will be a small 25. If so, it probably won't match the large in design. I can't see a small handle with the double choil. Guess we'll see.

I can't find where I read it, but from what I remember the rumor was that the Small 25 would include the hardware changes (pivot, lanyard backspacer, double lugs only) and the blade changes (slightly thicker stock, and nearly flat shallow hollow grind). I don't remember reading anything about handle changes, and you're right, the double choil or finger cutouts or whatever they're called probably wouldn't make sense on a small version of the 25. Actually, I might be able to live without them on the Large 25.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more info on this, assuming the rumor is true.

Hello, new to the forum, from The Netherlands, not neccesarily a knife-enthusiast but I really like well made and usefull things like, well, knives, flashlights and so on. Hailing from The Netherlands.

I Bought my first Chris Reeve knife last week, a small Sebenza with Cocobolo inlays from Sooner State Knives. I should have stopped browsing his inventory because I just followed it up with buying a Mnandi with Cocobolo inlays. I will most likely regret the buy untill I have them in my hands. Chris Reeve Knives are hard to find here, at least for relatively decent prices, so ssknives on ebay it was, I hope customs will be lenient (they won't)

Still looking on the forum here to buy or trade for well made (gentleman's) knives, SAKs and (one piece) multitools. Have one very rare Vic. (Swiss Flame) I am trying to trade, maybe I will put it up on the reade forum here.

Back