1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What would you like to see from Cold Steel in 2018?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by mastiffhound, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    The old GI Tanto ad copy.

This is a well known story.

2. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    Another vote for a 5max.

I would also purchase a 3.5max.

My 4max (the first and so far only CS) wants friends.

F22shift likes this.
  3. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
  4. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

May 2, 2015
    I've been so tempted to get a 4 max for 299 dollars but would like 3.5 max.

5. berzerker

berzerker

Jan 27, 2002
    Full-thickness (4mm) blades on the smaller knives.

6. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    Yes I am aware of Demko's models, I just unfortunately am not in the position to purchase them at the moment. Given the chance I would jump on Cold Steel variants, however.

7. F22shift

F22shift

Mar 1, 2017
    6 max. Lol
    Cts xhp is fine if that keeps the cost down

Nocturnal13 likes this.
  8. Turok316

Turok316

Feb 24, 2013
    Please bring back that old Cold Steel logo! The new one looks so Plain Jane and looks puny on a badass knife like the SRK or Trail Master![​IMG]

9. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    An e-z open (for the clip point blade only...maybe a liner lock) stockman, with modern blade materials, G10 scales, and a simple but trustworthy pocket clip

Dare to dream

10. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I think a shortened version of the broken skull would be sweet. It's a great blade profile and handle that's nice carrying for such a big blade but make it smaller and it becomes a great EDC option for those unable or unwilling to carry a 4" blade around. It would would directly compete with a delica and endura for relative use but better ergos (for me), and better blade steel at a similar price point. The 4" works nice for outdoors EDC but it's a bit unwieldy around a production floor or office setting. The Lawman is close but taller than needed, IMO, for EDC carry.

11. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Along the same lines, bring back the old plain black boxes that had that logo!

12. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    Not a doubt in my mind that the SR1 would curb stomp the Adamas-Not only in Lock strength, but also impact/shock resistance, and prying.

What’s crazy, is that Cold Steel was able to pair a bigger, thicker, longer blade, with an expontially stronger, longer service life lock, and still come in nearly half an ounce lighter than the Adamas.

ChubbyBrother likes this.
  13. Mick P

Mick P

Sep 23, 2014
  14. Bobber

Bobber Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2009
    If they Could bring back the UWK that would be tha bomb...
    Had one years ago in my service-vest, and some douchebag borrowed it and broke it.
    The Knife had of course been discontinued at that Point, so I had to buy a Sog Tech Bowie to get something in the same lines.
    But I never like it as much as the UWK..

15. Nocturnal13

Nocturnal13

Apr 18, 2017
    I would also like the kobun without the kraton gaurd at rhe back so that it's easier to hold it in a saber grip. Although I doubt they would because it's such an old design. Still love it though.

And I love the mini tac's integral gaurd. I'd love a mini tac xl (or large tac) with a little longer blade, like 4 inches and return with the G-10 handles.

But actually I would appreciate it if they skipped next year because I still need to catch up with my long wishlist before any more awesome knives gets released..

16. syco1138

syco1138

Jan 8, 2014
    Personally, I'd like to see the double-edge machete brought back. I've got a couple, but the steel they were using back then was thinner than their current machete stock, and I think they'd really benefit from that thicker steel. They're fantastic to use, save a lot of effort, and go through brush like a chainsaw!

17. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
  18. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
  19. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Mini SR1
    3/3.5 Max
    Mini Broken Skull
    Manual Swift
    Tanto American Lawman
    Mini Frenzy
    Mini Black Talon
    XL Tuff Lite
    G-10 XHP/S35VN Finn Wolf
    G-10 Counter Point
    G-10 Rajah III
    G-10 Pro-lite(s)
    Karambit folder with proper grip size - like Fox 599
    Collaborate with other designer - How about James William? A Triad lock Hissatsu would be a grail

Im greedy......

20. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually i saw a dealer posted an exclusive SATIN FINISHED Recon 1 Tanto in S35VN, so im sure there will be more like this coming...