What would you like to see from CS in 2017?

Now that September has rolled around I've started thinking about what I'd like to see next year. I'd thought it'd be entertaining to see what everyone would like to see as far as new blades or upgrades for existing blades from CS. Maybe someone from CS will take notice and make someones thoughts a reality? Also, this is a "what you would like to see/wish for" thread. Please keep it light, trolling a guy because he wants a Recon 1 spear point in Maxamet is not OK!

Well here are mine:

1. I'd like a Trail Master in something more corrosion resistant than O1. I have plenty of knives in 1095 and can't seem to get one of them to rust but my O1 TM that was completely saturated with oil gets spots often even when it hasn't been used. 3V sounds nice but it would be even more expensive than the San Mai TMs. D2 wouldn't be bad as the price that CS charges for the Leatherneck series are very reasonable and it seems durable from what I've come across.

For example the 7" 5mm thick 3V Recon Tanto MSRP is $265 while the 7" 5mm thick Leatherneck Tanto in D2 (with a steel guard and machined cap adding to the cost) comes in at $130. A 3V TM sounds cool until I get to the price. The San Mai Recon Tanto is 21% cheaper than the 3V version. Doing the math and using Blade HQ for a base price, a 3V TM would run around $363 with an MSRP at $605:eek:

2. If the above isn't possible then how about a 9"-9.5" Leatherneck SF in D2?

3. Blue G10 for the Recon 1. I just like the shade of blue CS uses, no other reason. This seems the most possible on my wish list, a guy can dream though!

So, what would you guys like to see from Cold Steel next year?

I'd like to see the Mackinac Hunter get a follow on like the Lone Star Hunter did (Broken Skull).
Bob

1. A cpm3v ultimatehunter
2. A cts-xhp mackinac
3. Cpm-3v recon 1 spearpoint
4. Recon 1 xl spearpoint
5. Brown g10 black blade swift le
And the GRAIL - 4max cpm3v blade brown g10 black blade 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see the Mackinac Hunter get a follow on like the Lone Star Hunter did (Broken Skull).
Bob

+1 on this, also a mini Broken Skull - with ~8 inch overall
Maybe i'm crazy, but i've seen Demko made Tanto AD10 on his instagram, so maybe a Tanto American Lawman? More variety is good for me.

Other than that, i got a wishlist:
- Code 4 in G-10
- Manual Swift
- Larger Tuff Lite or same size with G-10
- Smaller karambit the size of fox 599
- Some wharncliffe blades - maybe a folding boar hunter?
- G-10 Rajah 3 with XHP
- G-10 Prolite with XHP
- Smaller more EDC friendly Black Talon II, like the Spyderco matriarch

A Demko-designed flipper with tri-ad lock. 4" blade, G-10 handle. Assortment of blade styles.

A CPM3V Trail Master and Recon Scout would make me a happy man. I would also like to see a run of higher quality steel in the Spike series and the Double Agent series. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Keep the Recon 1 XL clip point in production. Make satin or DLC blade an option, as well as different scale colors.

How about if Cold Steel let you customize your own. That way everyone could get what they wanted.
I think an Ultimate Hunter in a spear point would be nice. Code 4 with G10 and make satin finish an option on all of their knives. Kevin 😊

I'd like to see most of the folders add thumb plates instead of studs. The 2 I have with them wave very well.

3. Cpm-3v recon 1 spearpoint
4. Recon 1 xl spearpoint
And the GRAIL - 4max cpm3v blade brown g10 black blade 🙏🙏🙏🙏

This looks like a list that will work great for me! Make the XL Recon spearpoint with the green scales and I would not object to DLC blade either :)

An XL Recon spearpoint folder has been missing from CS's line-up for years and should definitely be offered in 2017. I'd also like to see some completely new XL folder designs for 2017. I'm not holding my breath though because it seems CS has lost interest in XL folders. Maybe they figure that their new more expensive steel offerings means they no longer have to come up with anything different than any other knife company. If that is their thinking it completely leaves me cold; there are hundreds of 4" or less folder designs out there and, with substantially higher prices because of the new steels, I see no particular reason to buy a cold steel folder.

More fixed blades with curved, ergonomic handles. Bringing back the Bush Ranger in CPM-3V would be great too.

Wharncliffe blade folders, either a larger version of the Tuff-Lite with tip-up carry, or Wharncliffe blade options in the Recon 1 and Code 4 lines. Maybe it would be better to do it as another folder line...

Bring back the Land & Sea Rescue, plus offer a plain edge option. If they did an XL version, that would be a blast!

Bring back the NightForce folder but offer it as a leaf-spring lock folder with a flipper and better blade steel than the original.

A Tri-Ad Lock folder with a SOG-style Bowie blade, since they did fixed blade versions before.

It would be possible to do a flipper on a lockback knife, it has been done by another company. The lockbar has to be thickened and a slot milled for the flipper to pass through.

An XL Recon spearpoint folder has been missing from CS's line-up for years and should definitely be offered in 2017. I'd also like to see some completely new XL folder designs for 2017. I'm not holding my breath though because it seems CS has lost interest in XL folders. Maybe they figure that their new more expensive steel offerings means they no longer have to come up with anything different than any other knife company. If that is their thinking it completely leaves me cold; there are hundreds of 4" or less folder designs out there and, with substantially higher prices because of the new steels, I see no particular reason to buy a cold steel folder.

I agree, I would love to see more XL folders from Cold Steel:thumbup:

Back