1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What would you like to see from CS in 2017?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by mastiffhound, Sep 6, 2016.

1. JTC

JTC

Dec 22, 2002
    1. The Trailmaster in 3v with a micarta handle.
    2. Bring back the Black Rhino with the triad lock.
    3. The Natchez Bowie in 3v with a full length tang instead of the cable tang.
    4. A butterfly knife.

2. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    I agree on the "more thumbplates" and "more waved folders" statement, they are incredibly nice and reliable, why not implement them on the Voyagers and Recons!?

3. RAGS

RAGS Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 11, 2000
    That looks cool.Is that an actual knife or something photoshopped together?

4. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    This is from Mr Demko's instagram post. It's his very rare AD-11 model.

5. RAGS

Jul 11, 2000
    Wow,I really like that one.A CS production model would be awesome!

6. mastiffhound

mastiffhound

Dec 27, 2013
    I almost forgot, a Spartan with grippy dark red G10 scales would be nice!

7. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    A spartan with any G10 would be nice, really dislike the grivory stuff.

8. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    Yes I would be all over that, no crazy over aggressive g10 though.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

9. shortsocks

shortsocks

Sep 3, 2015
    Id LOVE TO SEE a COLD STEEL Ti-Lite in CTS-XHP w/ a SATIN BLADE!

Come on guys. How difficult is this to ask for? A Satin Blade..its the classic SwitchBlade looking knife...this would just make a classic Cold Steel, One that I have carried for years, EVEN BETTER!

Or hell...even the Classic Recon 1 in a Satin Blade. :rolleyes:

10. Glenn056

Glenn056

Nov 26, 2015
    I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to see the traditional (i assume you mean the one with the axis/power lock) recon 1 due to the current gen having superior ergos, lighter weight and much stronger lock

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

11. shortsocks

shortsocks

Sep 3, 2015
    Oh no. I meant the Tri-ad lock with a Satin CTS-XHP blade instead of a DLC coated blade like it has now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Glenn056

Glenn056

Nov 26, 2015
    Ohh apologies

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

13. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    Spear Point Voyager !.......also bring back the 18 inch Bowie machete.:thumbup:

14. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd like to see the Hold Out II offered in more colors.

15. RAGS

Jul 11, 2000
    Get rid of everything grivory,man I hate that stuff!! Would love to see the counter points and voyagers offered in G-10 instead.Also,offer a G-10 option for the Code-4 series as well.

16. CoolBreeze135

CoolBreeze135 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I'd like to see a small affordable fixed blade in CTS-XHP or 3V. Think something in between the pendleton lite and the bird and trout. A 2.5" blade, but with a substantial handle.

17. willrise

willrise Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2003
    The WARCRAFT magnum in any non tanto form !!!

18. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    +1, but i'll say get rid of those models with liner, as my main issue with them is that it makes the handle too thick. The new prolite & finnwolf is fine, but G-10 is still preferable.

19. willrise

willrise Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2003
    And bring back the Desperado in CTS-XHP or even CTS-BD1, so many fans out there waiting for its reincarnation!

[​IMG]

That handle has no rival whatsoever in the modern market, not even the TDI gets close![/QUOTE]

THIS ONE TOO!

20. MaxFisher

MaxFisher

Feb 5, 2005
    The Broken Skull needs to be expanded to the full size range of the original Voyager series. I know the Broken Skull's kinship to the Lone Star Hunter, but I also feel is it a more natural successor to the original Voyagers than the current Voyagers. We need the Broken Skull in Medium (7-7.25" OAL), X-Large (11" OAL) and X2 (13" OAL).

Also, give me a mini Code 4 for carry at the office. I love the Code 4 as an all around EDC, but the size raises eyebrows in that environment, and I live in a very knife friendly locale. I don't make it a day without seeing a man with a knife clipped to his pocket in my city, even though most of the knives are cheapies.