Whatcha got on order ?

I've been on a light kick lately. Noctigon KR4, Acebeam E10 and a few 18650's on the way. Over the last month i've ordered the Nitecore TIKI, Folomov ECD-C1, and Fenix E16.

CPK DEK1, 2 ton ratcheting arbor press, Bushnell Pro Bore sighter/Collimator, Gunsmithing parrot vise, some snap caps/dummy rounds, and some other small stuff.

I just ordered a TOYO ST350 cantilever toolbox, gonna take a while coming direct from JAPAN.

It was a bit pricey, but I have a thing for small toolboxes so I consider it worth it.
I love challenging myself to maximize the use of a small toolbox and seeing what I can tackle with it.

Last edited:
Wicked Edge Scissor Attachment & 2200/3000 grit stones, Tormek #TOR-SVM00 small knife holder jig, Tipton Best Gun Vise, and another set of 2X4 Basics workbench legs for my new leatherworking bench.
Oops, I forgot about my 4' LED shop-light for my gunsmithing bench.

Last edited:
I have some long johns coming, some leather gloves, and a 100% virgin Irish wool vest.
Fleece sure is less expensive, but it irritates my skin and I cannot wear it.

The survivalist in me has been urging me to buy a few traps I picked up a half dozen 110 conibears a couple weeks ago received a half dozen #1 coil spring leghold traps today. I ordered 3 Duke 1.75 coil spring leghold traps today . I will pick up 3-4 dog proof coon traps when I find a deal. I have been working on making parts for snares and will probably order some small aircraft cable soon

And a first aid kit...at least I can say I actually needed another first aid kit.

So, I’ve really got into lights lately, surefire’s specifically. Always thought they were pretty cool. Here’s some of the ones I’ve bolstered my flashlight ranks with recently. Yes, I did buy two E1B’s. :eek: Also the SF cr123 battery carrier rocks.

19CBF8C7-4D5F-4D5B-B084-67DFF7742185.jpeg
39DD5C35-3E50-4EAA-AA5A-D7AEA77A4689.jpeg
5DA85E02-3AA4-4B49-B6DD-3A7B5CFA51D3.jpeg A6370650-7136-4DBF-8E81-1ABB1C321862.jpeg

I also ordered an incandescent Surefire 6P and a malkoff 230 lumen 5+ hr runtime LED drop in for it. And a couple streamlights. Just a couple more SF’s on the list and a streamlight TLR-7 sub weapon light when they come out and I think I’ll be done obsessing with lights.

My Sams Club membership is up for renewal in about a month. I visited the store last week and made some of my usual purchases there. Some of my usual purchases are no longer carried in the store. They convinced me to spend the $1 to upgrade my membership until renewal time. I ordered some stuff that they do not carry in the local store and this is a test case to see the shipping time and convenience of the Plus account. So, with renewal, I may decide to up the membership level for 2020. We'll see? For info, with the Plus account, shipping is "free" and I am certainly getting my dollar's worth with the short term upgrade. Shipping time is important as much of the stuff is for work and I seldom included shipping time in my need calculation in the past.

I traditionally buy a lot of bulky items at Sams Club and until recently it was much of the reason I have a membership as the items were available at the local store. I tend to buy the same things there over and over again.

Added: I had ordered some liquid items in gallon jugs. They need to pack them better. The box they packed stuff in was wet. Fortunately no punctures, just one loose cap caused the wetness. All & all, they did okay and stuff arrived when they said it would.

Free shipping is a godsend for me especially with the current climate where they don't always have items in stock anymore ever since covid hit. Like toilet paper, paper towels, and some other items which have just recently started returning to the store. Of course there are certain items they won't ship and now they no longer consider items you ship towards their bonus or rewards but still with my store being 45 miles away free shipping is a great perk to have. Over the course of a year typically my rewards dollars almost pay for my membership.

I ordered way too much this week, and it's only Wednesday.

First I bought a vintage Newton manufacturing " The George Washington doorstop " hatchet door stop off Ebay.

Then I ordered some tools from HJE.
1 pair Channellock #326 needlenose pliers.
1 pair Channellock #422-C groove joint pliers
1 Grace #Bh-8T 8oz brass hammer
1 UDC manufacturer WRIGHT tool #9700wr 8.25" pocket inspection mirror.

Another 5pc Columbian Gavilan Machete assortment

And I just preordered the new album " You Hear Georgia " from BlackBerry smoke.
They're the best rock band out there today hands down, I'd say right up there with Molly Hatchet and Marshall Tucker as far as Southern rock goes.

And I just preordered the new album " You Hear Georgia " from BlackBerry smoke.
They're the best rock band out there today hands down, I'd say right up there with Molly Hatchet and Marshall Tucker as far as Southern rock goes.

IMO they’re so much more than just a southern rock band...their cover of Petty’s “You got lucky” was fantastic.
I hate labeling musicians, it tends to back them in a corner musically, and limits potential future albums.

Finally received my Vaughan 8oz ball peen hammer yesterday. Now if my 4oz will ever get here...

IMO they’re so much more than just a southern rock band...their cover of Petty’s “You got lucky” was fantastic.
I hate labeling musicians, it tends to back them in a corner musically, and limits potential future albums.
To me regardless of the song or who originally sang it, I hear southern rock whenever I listen to them.

I really need to quit dragging my heels and order the rest of their albums though, I've listened to every one of them that's available on YouTube and listen to at least 2 of their albums every workday, but I just haven't purchased any of them till now.

Lesson in a bottle fron New honky tonk bootlegs features some of Charlie's best vocal work.
That one I've gotta he careful about listening to at work, the bonus version of living hell almost got me into trouble once:D

To me regardless of the song or who originally sang it, I hear southern rock whenever I listen to them.
I get what you’re saying, they have a distinct sound, I just have trouble labeling a musician but not so much labeling a type of music. Look at Ray Charles, he’s a perfect example of a record label trying to limit the type of music he put on an album, and he had to push back against them. This is why I hate labeling good musicians, let them be creative and don’t commit them to a specific sound.

I apologize, I’m kinda bitching lol, but turn on a “country” station and tell me the musicians they are pitching to us as “country” have anything in common with the greats. Metal is much of the same, record labels pushing pre-packaged crap designed to get singles on the radio and videos out there for people to watch.

I’m waaay off topic lol, end of rant :oops:

I apologize, I’m kinda bitching lol, but turn on a “country” station and tell me the musicians they are pitching to us as “country” have anything in common with the greats. Metal is much of the same, record labels pushing pre-packaged crap designed to get singles on the radio and videos out there for people to watch.
Are you talking about that southern POP bs they're trying to call country?

Why can't they just put it on the pop stations where it belongs so the people who listen to it can hear it right along the pop and hip hop they also listen to, ( we all know they think they like country until they hear the real stuff ) and leave the country stations for the great Independent artists who are fighting to revive the genre?

I don't get why they're so insistent on calling it something it's not ?
They could have easily done this with southern rock but recognized it as a subgenre of rock music playing it on the rock stations where it belonged, they can easily do this with the southern pop bs.

Are you talking about that southern POP bs they're trying to call country?

Why can't they just put it on the pop stations where it belongs so the people who listen to it can hear it right along the pop and hip hop they also listen to, ( we all know they think they like country until they hear the real stuff ) and leave the country stations for the great Independent artists who are fighting to revive the genre?
Exactly. Meanwhile guys like Colter Wall are still doing small shows because he’s barely recognized for his talent. Excellent live show, when this COVID crap is finally under control go see him.

Exactly. Meanwhile guys like Colter Wall are still doing small shows because he’s barely recognized for his talent. Excellent live show, when this COVID crap is finally under control go see him.
Western swing and waltzes is one of my favorite CD's to pop in the sterio out In my garage/shop, excellent Cowboy music.
That and one of the 5 Charley crockett albums I've got.
I don't have all his stuff because 2 or 3 of the albums didn't really click with me but the son of Davey has put out some real winners, even when he likes to cross over a bit into blues soul and especially his bluegrass stuff.

Back