Whatcha got on order ?

I ordered a 25 pack of 8mm split rings.
Mostly to replace the ones on my Victorinox knives since I feel like the 12mm or so ones that come on them are too big in my opinion.

That looks quite useful with all the extensions. I don't know what they call them, but the curved extension was quite useful for opening drums. I don't open them much anymore and it resides in my garage now versus spending it's time inside my truck tool box.

The last thing I ordered other than buying and downloading Kindle books was a AC/DC converter for my Samsung TV that got blown up with a power surge. As it turned out, the converter was the only thing that got ruined with the power surge (lightning based). That said, I had another TV die since that time which I suspect was related to the power surge. The resistors swell up and then fail with the power surge.

Was planning on ordering a garage door opener from Sears. Have talked to them a number of times on the phone or via the chat feature..... bottom line, it is just too much damn trouble ordering from them anymore since they closed most of their retail stores. The closest Sears store to me is about 2 hours away. There used to be two Sears stores here locally as well as a parts and repair facility. All gone now....

Last edited:
That looks quite useful with all the extensions. I don't know what they call them, but the curved extension was quite useful for opening drums. I don't open them much anymore and it resides in my garage now versus spending it's time inside my truck tool box.

The last thing I ordered other than buying and downloading Kindle books was a AC/DC converter for my Samsung TV that got blown up with a power surge. As it turned out, the converter was the only thing that got ruined with the power surge (lightning based). That said, I had another TV die since that time which I suspect was related to the power surge. The resistors swell up and then fail with the power surge.

Was planning on ordering a garage door opener from Sears. Have talked to them a number of times on the phone or via the chat feature..... bottom line, it is just too much damn trouble ordering from them anymore since they closed most of their retail stores. The closest Sears store to me is about 2 hours away. There used to be two Sears stores here locally as well as a parts and repair facility. All gone now....

That " curved extension " is called a speeder or speed wrench, and is definitely very handy when you've got room to use it.
I'm really liking this ratchet, but it's proving to be a bit of a mystery.
It uses a PROTO Bid Dawg mechanism or at least a very close copy, those PROTO's have been out of production for at least 10 years now, and this ratchet has an older type logo I've never seen before.
Similar to the earliest one found on Husky tools supplied to Home Depot Via Stanley, but lacks the tail to the tail to the H.
As best as I can guess it would probably be best late 90's or early 2000's but I can't be sure,

Ordered a pair of Vans slip on's in Charcoal grey, slip on sneakers are my preferred summer wear but I got tired of the cheap Walmart ones that only last a year.
In my past experience as a teenager the Vans use a quality rubber for the outsole and always lasted me a few years.

Judging by the pictures he posts I'll bet it's the finest belt you ever wear.
It turned out nice. The holster as well.
KcSKm8U.jpg

Wow that's gorgeous.

I can definitely appreciate fine craftsmanship, but I have more fun making the crappy sheaths and stuff I make.
Okay maybe not crappy every time, if I told you I was actually a talking monkey you'd be pretty impressed by my handy work :D
I agree, if you were a talking monkey, that would be impressive.:D
I find leather craft interesting though I’ve never personally tried my hand at it.

I agree, if you were a talking monkey, that would be impressive.:D
I find leather craft interesting though I’ve never personally tried my hand at it.
You should try.
Get a bag of " farm remnants " leather scrap from the hobby store, then all you need is an awl some glue and the waxed thread and a couple repair needles.
Making functional leather goods is fairly easy, it's making them look good that takes some real skill.

I've seen guys making with the most basic of tools what I could never make with all the expensive equipment in the world.

Ordered a pair of Vans slip on's in Charcoal grey, slip on sneakers are my preferred summer wear but I got tired of the cheap Walmart ones that only last a year.
In my past experience as a teenager the Vans use a quality rubber for the outsole and always lasted me a few years.
I have generally avoided slip on shoes of any kind for casual wear. A while back Sam's Club had some slip on Skechers. I was concerned about width. Started wearing them as "house shoes" and they worked very well and they don't fall off like the cheapie stuff you get in Walmart or department stores. Now when I visit Sam's I check for more Skechers. I want to get at least another pair to just wear around in the summer.

I have generally avoided slip on shoes of any kind for casual wear. A while back Sam's Club had some slip on Skechers. I was concerned about width. Started wearing them as "house shoes" and they worked very well and they don't fall off like the cheapie stuff you get in Walmart or department stores. Now when I visit Sam's I check for more Skechers. I want to get at least another pair to just wear around in the summer.

For me it's sandals I generally avoid, I've got a pair I wear occasionally if say I was going to swim or something but that's about it.
I don't wear sandals because during the summer my feet will end up sweaty and slimy slipping all around in sandals, it's gross but the only way to avoid it is to just sit staring at the TV all day and my attention span is too short for that.

Bass Pro sold some slip on cocs (made for them) with canvas tops. I wore the heck out of those. So, maybe I was exaggerating a bit about slip on casual shoes. They worked very well with shorts and were very comfortable. A pair lasted more than a year or until the soles wore "bald". They started out as house shoes also, but I loved them and wore them everywhere... trips to the store, just walking around, but not for hiking or anything where the terrain is unstable.

Chaco Z/Volv 2 sandals and a Star Wars window sticker for my Sorento.

The empire doesn't care about your stick figure family!

I had a pair of Chaco Z/2 unaweeps, but they were just too heavy. That was a while ago.

My favorite slip on casual shoes definitely are the Olukai Moloas. I've had mine 3 years, hardly any wear. Should last a long time.

One of my (many) obsessions is shoes. As with most things, I am not a brand loyal person. I do return to specific models when they wear out if they are still made.

Including these new ones, last four pairs of shoes have been made in the USA and that makes me happy.

It bothers me how shoe companies seem to need a new design every year. Yeah evolution is great, but if you have something that works and sells, why completely change it?

I avoid most of the big name shoe companies for this reason. You can't trust that the newest iteration will fit or feel the same.

I have a few brands/models I'm loyal to.

San Antonio shoemakers
Keen
Olukai
Chaco

All four have the same products year after year, and with new models added in occasionally.

But Keen will always have the Newport, SAS the Bout Time, Olukai Moloas, and Chaco Z series.

I have 2 pairs of Keens currently--Durand boot and Rialto sandal. Both USA made.

Its nice to be able to replace what works with the same thing. Or close to.

Last edited:
Wolfe ModFib stocked M1A Scout built on a forged Gunworks of Lower Alabama receiver w/a Wolfe 18.5" std. weight match barrel.

bush-rifle-SubMOA.jpg

Sent out the parts a few weeks ago, should have the rifle back by this June

Got the call today, my rifle is done and shipping on Monday :p

Ordered a US Optics TS-8X 1-8x24mm for it this afternoon.
iZcHkem.jpg

Last edited:
A new battery pack and wiring harness for my Schwinn scooter, this will be what I hop around town with to the post office and hardware store...ect.

A new battery pack and wiring harness for my Schwinn scooter, this will be what I hop around town with to the post office and hardware store...ect.
That's pretty cool actually. I have been eyeing scooters for the last couple of years for putting around. In particular, I thought one might be really useful on my trips to the Smoky Mt NP and my photo cruising there. It would not be electric however. Wife does not want me to get one "because I'll kill myself".... older bones and bodies don't heal as quickly or thoroughly as young bodies....

I ordered some shallow planter boxes for growing some veggies later on this fall. Been moving more toward containers for things.

Back