What's all you Hogs driving?

YU5qbrA.jpg

Thanks! At the track last night someone asked me how much money I had in the exhaust. I didn't stop and think of it until that point, but "a lot" covers it.

I sold a lot of infi to fund mods for this thing this year.

Is that stock cam? Sounds like a lot of duration

Found a pic with the new tires and rims. View attachment 656997 I have had so much fun with this things. Beside 4 wheeling on my own and darn fortunate to not has done too many stupid things I went to a school for 4 wheeling here in NC a few times. Its amazing how well engineered jeeps are for 4x4

Great rigs in this thread! I just recently picked up this Ram 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins. It's so much nicer to pull things with this than a Hummer!

I grew up driving a 75. Black with white top.

I'm forever regretful that I passed on a 78 with 15,000 original miles. No dents or dings. Original tires, engine, seat covers. Family friend offered it at $8,400. Mustard yellow and white. Not a spec of rust on it. Garage kept. Original paint. We couldbnot find a single scrarch or ding. No rust anywhere, even the undercarriage. No leaks, ive never, in my wholeblife, seen a cleaner better FJ40. Only two things needed replaced. Torn dust cover on the stick boot, and it had a star in the window from a small rock. He sold it a few weeks later, at a screaming deal for $14,000

The FJ gets lots of engine swaps, just like the Jeeps do. This one has the original inline six 2F motor. I added power steering and power brakes.

xawck6.jpg

....Nice....!!! My first car (and probably my favourite) was an '82 BJ42, it was just fun to drive (as long at the trip was less than 8hrs !). Bottom one in the pic...

BJs are great. My FJ requires a kidney transplant after just two hours.

My 82 was still had the 4 speed box (but had disks on the front). In '83 they added the 5 speed and I think that would have been great !! If I could use the "go back machine" I would go buy an '84 BJ42LX (they discontinued them at the end of '84).

Back