What's coming next.....

EVERYBODY at the Busse camp is concerned for it's Cool Aid drinkers. I'm sure of that.

I like having blades from different generation of productions. It keeps thing interesting:D

Oh. I guess we value different things in a knife.
Edited to add: I doubt Eric (or Jerry for that matter) is all that concerned with allowing people to be able to turn a profit on the secondary market.

We need a little smilie for that ;)

burns_CN5XKL.gif

excellent.gif

:D

Holy crap!:eek:

My prayers have been answered. RMD's on sale again!

Amazing! I almost can't believe it.

This better not be some sort of sick prank.:p

Oh. I guess we value different things in a knife.
Edited to add: I doubt Eric (or Jerry for that matter) is all that concerned with allowing people to be able to turn a profit on the secondary market.

Jerry has explicitly stated that there will be no direct re-releases of Busses, for the obvious reasons.

I'm not as clear on the policy for the Swamp and Yard.... Scrap Yard, for example, did some re-releases that as far as I can tell were just in different colors, so that's not much of a change.

Me personally? I do NOT value the second hand stuff, and don't buy knives to collect or turn a profit, so I'm all for re-releasing proven old designs, so some of Jerry's best knife designs can be used for what they were designed for, rather than collecting dust in safes.

But that ain't likely to happen. I've long since accepted that things are done in weird ways around here, and there ain't a whole lot you can do to change it. There are always more new knives than I can afford, so I basically just accept that I will miss out on those old designs, even if they are ones that I really like, because I'm not paying collector prices on a user knife.

Jerry has explicitly stated that there will be no direct re-releases of Busses, for the obvious reasons.

I'm not as clear on the policy for the Swamp and Yard.... Scrap Yard, for example, did some re-releases that as far as I can tell were just in different colors, so that's not much of a change.

Me personally? I do NOT value the second hand stuff, and don't buy knives to collect or turn a profit, so I'm all for re-releasing proven old designs, so some of Jerry's best knife designs can be used for what they were designed for, rather than collecting dust in safes.

But that ain't likely to happen. I've long since accepted that things are done in weird ways around here, and there ain't a whole lot you can do to change it. There are always more new knives than I can afford, so I basically just accept that I will miss out on those old designs, even if they are ones that I really like, because I'm not paying collector prices on a user knife.

I believe the last release of the HRLMs was a re-release and that the knives in the last release were identical to the originals. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. And I'm all for re-releasing some of Jerry's best knife designs for whatever reasons people want to buy them, including putting them in safes and letting them collect dust.

To paraphrase TKC, I don't give a rat's patoot what people think of my reasons or anybody else's reasons for buying knives.

Last edited:
To paraphrase TKC, I don't give a rat's patoot what people think of my reasons or anybody else's reasons for buying knives.

+1 :thumbup: And I certainly don't care what MM thinks about it! I'll use the ones I want to use and let the others collect dust if I choose to do so. :D

The Howling Rat Little Mischief doesn't have res c grips does it? :(

+1 :thumbup: And I certainly don't care what MM thinks about it! I'll use the ones I want to use and let the others collect dust if I choose to do so. :D

The Howling Rat Little Mischief doesn't have res c grips does it? :(
Nope. The HRLM has a Micarta handle. But the handle is roomy and Micarta is OK on a knife the size of Howling Rat . . . or at least it's OK for me. :)

PS: A lot has been said around here to the effect that if you don't use your knives, you've got no reason to live. But I've never seen anything from Jerry or Dan or Eric restricting sales of Bussekin knives to users only . . . not even Test Team knives. And at the end of the day, I don't think any one of them have a problem spending the money they make on sales of knives to investors and collectors. ;)

AFAIC, the holier-than-thou attitude espoused by some folks against those who buy knives other than to use is pathetic. Clearly they need to find a new hobby . . . one where they don't need to be right to have fun.

Last edited:
Just for the record I've never complained about anyone not using their knives. My knives happen to be users, but it makes no nevermind to me if people decide to keep their knives pristine. I do like that bussekin knives hold their value well (it allows me to experiment with different models and find those I like best). The resale value of these knives won't drop below retail because of re-releases, as the market will never get so flooded that their are more kinves than buyers willing to pay reasonable prices. Being able to sell my users that I decide not to hold onto for close to what I paid for them (usually so I can buy more knives), works perfectly for me.

I'm with Bruce, who has always said "to each their own". No one NEEDS more than one knife. But even the "user only" group have several. No one NEEDS to spend the money on a Bussekin (cheaper knives have done the job), we all do it because we WANT them.

And there is nothing wrong with that... they're fantastic!

I WANT a RMD, but my DMDC does everything I want it to do. I'll still get a RMD, though.

I love my SOD, and sometimes I take it into the woods instead. Sometimes I take three of my Bussekin and never use them because my Griptilian is doing just fine.

I'm selling my Regulator because even though I fully intended to use/test it (you don't wait months for a Rainwalker if you're not!), I've chosen to use my SOD instead, and after 6 months my Reg is unused and selling it would help me get a nice sheath for my grail (I just picked up) AND a RMD I've wanted forever and now is going to be available at retail.

(Whew, that was a long sentence.)

Collect them, use them, sell them...

"There's no WRONG reason to buy Bussekin!"

:)

Back