What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Separated at birth or is it just me?

2zyzlsy.png

working on a 2nd prototype slip joint, this one is still rough but has the best overall spring action.

I like your inlay better on this one. I'm a fan of turquoise inlay. Love it on Manzanita. It looks best when filling natural fissures and cracks. like lightning.

I like your inlay better on this one. I'm a fan of turquoise inlay. Love it on Manzanita. It looks best when filling natural fissures and cracks. like lightning.
agreed on the natural cracks, on this one I carved out the lines myself since there were no cracks...but didn't go deep enough and so I'll have to redo inlay on this one.

It doesn't look like much but it's a big thing to me.
I can now etch in to steel and darken it.
Took some good trial, error and changing variables, but I have my name on a blade!
My logo will be what is hot stamped in leather under the blade (it is my last name)
Next step is to find a place to order stencils

IMG_20180718_173240.jpg

IMG_20180718_175922.jpg

I've been working on this for over a year, off and on that is. It's just been one of those slow years. The knife is 15 inches plus. The inlay in the sheath is elephant. The overlay top was stamped, drilled and trimmed before attaching it to the sheath.
It is God awful sharp. The inside of the sheath has a rubber lining to protect the leather. It is a spray on item.
I talked to the man that ordered this, he is excited to get it. Can you blame him. :)

upload_2018-7-19_16-11-20.pngupload_2018-7-19_16-12-44.pngupload_2018-7-19_16-11-56.png

Some more small EDC fixed blades in 100Cr6 that I already postet but now have made proper sheaths.

The first has black linen micarta scales with red liners and a hand rubbed satin finish and etched flats:

kIEbGe.jpg

hppWYi.jpg

5F4iNG.jpg

9rXCZ1.jpg

The second one has black paper micarta scales with red liners. The blade has a hand rubbed satin finish and was then etched:

5opAaB.jpg

XpFMxk.jpg

oszSWo.jpg

b2iX32.jpg

They are 16,5cm long overall and the blade is about 6,5cm long.

Handy looking knives. A tit more curve to the cutting edge would heve been more to my taste

Hey guys!

Just finished this one. It's a full flat grind american style tanto. It's in 4mm 80CrV2 at 61 HRC, and is hand sanded to 600 grit. The knife has total length of about 250 mm. The handle is in black paper micarta with G10 liners, finished to 400 grit for a matte and subdued finish. The pins are stainless.

qXEqyu2.jpg

tQBNL96.jpg

sJy9GLx.jpg

ssKMpt6.jpg

VXO3J8z.jpg

GpSFc8F.jpg

0E0wV9e.jpg

Last edited:
A kitchen utility type thing. 8670 Vinegar patina with mustard after. I don't really like how it turned out and may grind the blade back to bare metal. Natural micarta, stainless steel pins. It's false advertising with this micarta how dark it starts out compared to how light it ends up.

R7RaYEd.jpg

another paring knife and little string cutter. Same steel, handle material
FxHBc2n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi friends, I was a little absent in this post, but I had a bit to do. I got a new milling machine and I had a lot to do in setting it up, and I have not finished yet. I am alone and move 360 kg is quite challenging....

this is the last knife finished, I have not yet made some good photos, but I have this video.

These are work in progress
20180719_205747.jpg

Back