What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

26c3 core and pure iron cladding that I brought back with me from the UK. Corian handle

BoDp50H.jpg

Shout out to JT for his excellent service on another batch of blades. JT is a class act with good turn-around times, packaging & shipping.

Now the finish work begins. This time there's some AEB-L, A2 & 5160, they're ready for the next bit of work, the finish sanding, scales then finally sheaths. I'm thinking some canvas micarta, Bocote & liners should look good once they're ready to go.

2UycYFm.jpg

Knife #2: I designed it myself from other templates I liked.
The plan is to have black paper micarta for the handle with thicker red liner and then a thinner red liner as a "racing strip" diagonally across the handle. The end of the handle will have material all the way up to the end, tapered, but the vertical part will be bare metal with a red paracord rope and diamond knot on the end. Not sure if I can pull all that off, being so new, but I'm going to try!
1CxSqgE.jpg

Attended the ICCE Blade show over the weekend, this was also the Annual Guild show. Picked up a nice piece of wood.
I kn ow the dates are wrong,No show last year so they just reused the plaques. Very honored and humbled to win.
2v2avhopvxAWw5m.jpg
Congratulations on a great knife and best multi blade folder award.

I just finished these two Randall replicas up, they're ready to head to their new homes. They are replicas of the first knife Bo Randall made in 1937, featured on the cover of Sheldon and Edna Wickersham's book, Randall Knives a Reference Book in the second photo.

IMG_3730.jpegIMG_3691.jpegIMG_3695.jpeg

Attended the ICCE Blade show over the weekend, this was also the Annual Guild show. Picked up a nice piece of wood.
I kn ow the dates are wrong,No show last year so they just reused the plaques. Very honored and humbled to win.
2v2avhopvxAWw5m.jpg

Wow!! Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the award.

I’m just trying to get some half started projects done. I started a few, then my work bench became my reloading bench and those two things don’t mix, what with hot spark showers everywhere. I’m nearly caught up on that, so it’s time to finish these knife projects. Mostly rehandling old blades and regrinding worn out cross section profiles, but there are 3 knives in there to finish that are all mine.

8” z wear and burl
New profile, influenced by a master

h3Yq5If.jpg

Nice. I was just looking yday at a Kasumi Gyuto and thinking how more curve/swipe towards the tip looks good and for sure has advantages when working with tip only and/or rocking the blade.

Back