What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

I can explain it. I will when I get home so I can type it on my computer instead of the cellular troll in my pocket.

Or I can just post this picture.

IMG-6118.jpg

Things may be a bit slow around here until middle of next week due to Easter.

But I have some more exciting things coming to the shop within the next couple weeks, including four colors of burlap Micarta, and a small amount of stabilized black palm. Black palm is a beautiful hardwood with a striking grain, and while it is perfectly serviceable for knife handles in its natural state, I wanted to also be able to offer it on some much more water resistant knives as well, hence ordering some in stabilized form as well. It might become full scales or part of a segmented handle. It's a block so maybe I can do both. We'll see how it goes. There's one knife I might use it on to make a segmented handle with some of the gold marbled carbon fiber I have.

Black palm is the one in Sharp & Fiery's knife pictured here, between the orange spacers (the rest of the wood on it is wenge, a beautiful wood in its own right):

94a6f1f5-bbd5-4634-a4a8-0665d5ae11bf-jpeg.2490302

Can't skip showing the sheaths he made for his knives, of course:
d443aab4-3cd7-47ed-94ee-01d6321bb396-jpeg.2490303

Things may be a bit slow around here until middle of next week due to Easter.

But I have some more exciting things coming to the shop within the next couple weeks, including four colors of burlap Micarta, and a small amount of stabilized black palm. Black palm is a beautiful hardwood with a striking grain, and while it is perfectly serviceable for knife handles in its natural state, I wanted to also be able to offer it on some much more water resistant knives as well, hence ordering some in stabilized form as well. It might become full scales or part of a segmented handle. It's a block so maybe I can do both. We'll see how it goes. There's one knife I might use it on to make a segmented handle with some of the gold marbled carbon fiber I have.

Black palm is the one in Sharp & Fiery's knife pictured here, between the orange spacers (the rest of the wood on it is wenge, a beautiful wood in its own right):

94a6f1f5-bbd5-4634-a4a8-0665d5ae11bf-jpeg.2490302

Can't skip showing the sheaths he made for his knives, of course:
d443aab4-3cd7-47ed-94ee-01d6321bb396-jpeg.2490303
David, these are simply stunning. Your work has always been superlative, but, goodness, you have come into your own. Keep doing what you're doing.

So that’s two more MagnaCut orders finished, and AEB-L stubby chunky Tanto monkey to ship with one of them and new sheaths for a couple R&D knives that may or may not hit the exchange.

IMG-6147.jpg
I just can’t get over that kitchen knife! That is so awesome! So so so nice.

BlindMouse2of3 BlindMouse2of3 you know what the funny thing is, sometimes I make a handle, like the orange one with black palm, which takes a pile of work and planning, and then I make a knife with some kind really fancy looking premade scales like the red almost sfb Bowie there, which I either bought, or in this case were given to me by Auglaize117 Auglaize117 , and then when I get compliemnts on one but not the other, I kinda feel cheated, or maybe more like I cheated. 🤣 So thank you for paying them both a compliment. 😄

Back