What's that you're eating?

Here is one of our Christmas geese by your's truly. Stuffed with apples, sides are carrots and potatoes "dauphinois" (gratinated with gruyere).

i-tscxnkp-X3.jpg

The year before we had a Turkey roast. Not bad at all.

IMG_1115-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Just chowed down on a plate of "Loco Moco" that I made at home. Yum! :)

For those who don't what what this Hawaiian dish is, it's an egg on top of a hamburger patty w/lots of gravy on top of steamed rice. In Hawaii, as I recall, they also serve it was a couple scoops of macaroni salad on the side. Who knows why? LOL! ;)

It's a 3 burner dish - saute pan for the hamburger, a pot of gravy and a sauce pan for the poached egg -- or 4, if you make the rice fresh. I just reheated precooked rice in the microwave. Hawaiians use a fried egg; I prefer it poached.

I make my hamburger w/chopped onions, A-1 sauce, an egg, S&P and bread crumbs. Have lots of gravy from a braised turkey leg in a red wine reduction that I made last week. Added some mushrooms for more flavor and it tastes great (even on beef).

Sorry, no pics because I was hungry and didn't think to take any but I've got enough fixings to make 3 more and will post a pic of it later but in the meantime here's a photo of some Loco Moco served Hawaiian style w/a fried egg on top and some macaroni salad on the side:

OCZwaWQ9QXBp

Made other place of "Loco Moco" today and this is a (not so great) pic of how I prepare it, with a little sriracha on top of a poached egg that has been broken open which is laying on top of a grilled hamburger which has been smothered w/mushroom gravy and sits top of a bed of steamed rice.

8CPVUPD.jpg

Have enough fixings to make 2 more which I plan to share w/my GF this weekend. :)

Last edited:
Back