What's that you're eating?

Not sure what "taco sauce" is, but McIlhenny's Tabasco Sauce is desert island stuff. You must have tried it with eggs, right?
That brings back memories! My pops (RIP) was the original "I put that s__t on everything" guy and "that s__t" was Tabasco. For decades he had three eggs with Tabasco for breakfast every day . . . and still had perfect cholesterol numbers (big lever genes; small lever diet). I love eggs, and I love Tabasco , , , but I never could deal with them together. Nope. I inherited his love of hot, just not on my eggs. Just salt and pepper, please.

An an excellent order of Beef Dolsot Bibimbap with some banchan and a large bottle of Sapporo beer that I had for lunch today at a small hole-in-the-wall Korean restaurant that I discovered recently.

e9jMEpT.jpg

Tonight I'm having nine roasted and salted almonds and a tall glass of distilled water. Trying to knock off some COVID weight. No pictures.

I've been chugging down a glass of very watery plain oat mill for brunch for a few months. I'm back down to the weight my fitbit thinks I am...

If you like taco sauce I’ve really been enjoying perez pepper sauce. I’ve tried all three but I like the habanero the most. It’s a texmex style hot sauce a lot like an improved taco bell sauce. Also Poirer’s Hot Sauce made by heartbeat is excellent. Less watery/vinegary than tabasco & mcilhenny’s but definitely a Louisiana hot sauce. Not much burn. Goes with everything.

Edit: I like hot sauce. My fridge right now:
67FB7ECF-0345-42F1-B61A-5A842D723CEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Grilled Spatchcock Chicken (so easy to spatchcock a chicken!). Bell & Evans Air Chilled Bird (once you eat air chilled chicken, you can never go back). Whole Paycheck special . . . $7.50 for the whole bird. Finished with my version of Big Bob Gibson's Alabama White Sauce, and complemented with stuffing.

Dayum was it juicy and delicious! 😋

Whole Chicken.jpg

Chicken and Knife.jpg

Chicken and Stuffing.jpg

So after several days of eating gumbo I had to do something a little different than another bowl of gumbo. I chopped the chicken and sausage reasonably fine and let some rice soak in the gumbo juice for an hour to absorb what it could.
Then wrapped it in an egg roll and fried until GBD!
24A1212C-C316-403A-B02B-E9109ED75DC0.jpeg

Back