1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's the best kershaw knife?

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by humoresque, Apr 17, 2013.

1. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    I'm still trying to find one for a decent price.
    Those are some nice additions to any collection.

2. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    The two new ones came in and here's a photo of my 5 Kershaws oldest to newest left to right:

Boa 1580ST, Shallot 1840ST, Leek 1660TGRYST, Blur 1670CF154, Junkyard Dog 1725CB

[​IMG]

3. humoresque

humoresque

Apr 15, 2013
    leek, skyline, and one ton on the way... i'm excited

4. Spyder328

Spyder328

Feb 12, 2012
    There is no "best", its all opinion. My favorites in order are Shallot, Skyline, Skyline FB. I haven't tried any others except for the Leek (I don't care for it because the blade is to thin) but I plan to get a Blur, Zing, and more in the future :D

5. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    Just talkin Kershaw, it would have to be:

Knockout

Rake

JYD 2

6. quartertime

quartertime

Feb 16, 2013
    Ok, I'm gonna say the Rake.

7. Phonetic Diabetic

Phonetic Diabetic

Mar 28, 2013
    I love Kershaw. I can't say what the best is because I haven't owned or seen half of them all in person. My favorites out of the ones I own are the Speedform II, Leek CPM-D2, and Skyline.
    [​IMG]

8. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Of all the currently available Kershaw folders I personally think that the Speedform II is the best or at least my confirmed favorite. A smallish gentleman's knife with a 3.25" blade and a very manual action.

It's a thing of beauty in minimalist form with Elmax steel blade and a 3-D machined G-10 which looks great to the eyes and touch.

Surprisingly, the Kershaw site says it has been discontinued but you can still find them for a great price of less than half of MSRP delivered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  9. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    This one...

[​IMG]

10. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    That's a sexy one!

11. 777TILT888

777TILT888 Banned BANNED

Mar 10, 2013
    Tilt :D

12. 1robinhood

1robinhood

Apr 26, 2013
    For lightweight EDC and sheer unique, awesome looking blade & powerful opening *thwack*... Kershaw Echelon.
    For opening and closing enjoyment - Kershaw RAM
    For actual use day in and day out - Kershaw Cylcone - full size, plain edge no AO on/off switch. That knife is a hefty beast!

Runners up: Mini Cyclone & Shallot

13. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    Since I haven't put my $0.02 in this thread, here ya go:

Boa
    Ti/ZDP Mini Cyclone
    CB Shallot
    S110V Shallot
    Ener-G
    SG2 Blur