What's the best looking fixed blade in your opinion?

The ones that are well worn from much use always seem the prettiest to me. I tend to see much beauty in their function. These are two of my favorites.

That said, there are many many fine looking knives in this thread that are still shiny and new. Obviously they don't have to have fish guts on them to be beautiful...but it doesn't hurt. ;):D

All credit for this Blade goes to Makandr (user here on BF)

a409cf1123ed_zps714z469b.jpg

Didn't know he also made blades, apart from collecting them!

:thumbup: Nice, it's like a cross between a bayonet and a short sword, maybe a tanto or ko-wakazashi... IIRC, Makandr has one of the most jaw-dropping knife collections I've ever seen; mostly military knives, but with examples of every style and many different brands. Literally thousands.

I'm not surprised he's a maker, too. He obviously loves knives, and takes them very seriously.

ABS Master Smith ergonomically correct, radically distal tapered, hidden tang Bowie knife.
Straight steel or damascus doesn't matter a great deal to me.
Sheath/carry system does. :)

Doug

The ones that are well worn from much use always seem the prettiest to me. I tend to see much beauty in their function. These are two of my favorites.

That said, there are many many fine looking knives in this thread that are still shiny and new. Obviously they don't have to have fish guts on them to be beautiful...but it doesn't hurt. ;):D

:thumbup: You put your knives to the test as much as anyone on BF, and I always enjoy your reviews. Those Phil Wilson knives look great, guts and all... even though I usually pass on sushi. ;)

my first thought: SOG Recon Bowie ..... but it has early-on been mentioned.

So I'll say a Study and Observations Group knife as collected by Mike Silvey:

Ms_sog13.jpg

I like anyone of my Busse's, Anneversary Mean Street LE, Son of Badger, INFI Ratmandu, Sarge 7, Nuclear Meltdown Fussion Steel Heart, and my Anneversary Straight Handle Battle Mistress LE, Oh yeah, I love the Bokor Vox 2011 Collection, Awesome design, 440C, very modern looking knife, also John Bradley and his "World's Finest Camp Knife" a piece of art mine has the Ironwood handle, also my H.I. Khukuris (M-43) one with black buffalo horn handles and one in the White Buffalo handles very attractive, heck I love them all.

Benchmade Nimravus for me.

BM140BKc.jpg

Unfortunately I'm Australian...and poor...so I don't actually have one, but hey, a guy can dream right?
Any of my Busse Combats, A.S.H.B.M. LE, A.M.S. LE, S.O.B., INFI Ratmandu, ASH-1 Green American Flag Cerakote, Sarge 7, N.M.F.S.H. and the A.S.H.B.M. LE, a beautiful design is my Bokor Vox 2011 Collection a Beauty, heck I love them all !

jfk, the more you talk about and post your love for the Fallkniven Volcano the more I want, make that need, to get one. Is it the one knife to rule them all, almost like Bilbo's Elvish blade "Sting"? Please excuse the double metaphor/reference, or whatever I thought I was trying to say.

As soon as I saw it I was in lust. Always been a fan of trailing point blade shape, n the beauty of cocobolo plus made by Fallkniven I knew that I'd have to get one. They were pretty hard to find when they first came out too. I got # 80 of the first 100 that are numbered. The volcano is a beast and I'm guessing u know how well fallkniven puts a knife together. It's actually made by Hattori for Fallkniven to their specs. It's a very comfy knife in hand. If I had to criticize it I'd say 7mm is a wee bit much. 5 - 6 mm width would be fine. The cobalt steel thickness is impressive though, so it's all good. There are a couple of nice pics over on the Fallkniven thread at knifeforums. Shoot me an email an I'll send u a few pics in hand if u want. Jfk111070@gmail. I love this knife and don't mind giving Fallkniven their props. Great designs, great steel. Since I've had it the # of big fixed blades I own has knocked been down to 3. Don't need or want any other atm and have felt that way for a while now. Hope to hear you get one, I think you'll love it. Good luck with that n happy hunting for it

Love the krut too, wish they did a different blade style though. The birch is sweet. Love my juni. Beautiful blades by the way
Where about are you located, I'm in north Bolton , Lake George area. Nice stretch of woods along Champlain n George eh!

So many beautiful knives on those pages...
For a production knife that I own, I think it's the mentioned before by few posters, the SOG Recon Bowie:

xHwr7J.jpg

Joe Paranee's Jason Knight MS Founders Combat Bowie.
I was lucky enough to get in on one of the 10 being built project.

standard.jpg

Doug

Back